Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Montenegro (wimmin)

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
85 minutes, and so begins the mass exodus of fans. Reckon they'll be 1,000 left at full time to CLAP the women off.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I will not be going as I am too chauvanistic and think women shoudnt play football or cricket and should stick to tennis athletics swimming or showjumping. Incidentally I know it old fashioned but I dont think men should play tennis or badminton they were the sports for girls when I was at school.

When WILL they learn their place, these wimmin?

A little light embroidery or perhaps the occasional competitive kitten-tossing competition are acceptable pursuits on those rare occasions when domestic duties are done but rough MANLY games like Association Football are totally unsuitable for ladies.

I fear I must now lie down in a darkened room and clutch my pearls at the very thought of this Abomination at the Amex.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
When WILL they learn their place, these wimmin?

A little light embroidery or perhaps the occasional competitive kitten-tossing competition are acceptable pursuits on those rare occasions when domestic duties are done but rough MANLY games like Association Football are totally unsuitable for ladies.

I fear I must now lie down in a darkened room and clutch my pearls at the very thought of this Abomination at the Amex.

I think you'll find that BensGrandad will also be compelled to lie down in a darkened room and clutch his pearls at the thought of kitten-tossing......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well that was a great day out. Good football, lots of goals and I got to try out the East side. (They ran out of hot food at half time) My woman of the match was Stokes, plays like a female Lua Lua. Strange that at full time the shutters were down at the kiosks and the TV's were off. Felt like they couldn't wait to get rid of us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well that was a great day out. Good football, lots of goals and I got to try out the East side. (They ran out of hot food at half time) My woman of the match was Stokes, plays like a female Lua Lua. Strange that at full time the shutters were down at the kiosks and the TV's were off. Felt like they couldn't wait to get rid of us.

Was a good day out, especially as an England fan, but the match was a bit 'men against boys'. Having said that, the England team played the ball around right from the first to the last minute. Didn't let up so felt a bit sorry for the Montenegrians. Good entertainment outside before the game which all the girls loved. Also, did Bennetts field for the first time. What is all the fuss, stayed till the end, applauded the girls off and was out of the car park by 3!!!!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

We started queuing five minutes before the end of the first half as my daughter said they'd run out: I think she had one of the last hot dogs. It takes some special sort of incompetence to run out of half-time food before half-time.

Enjoyed the experience though, thought I was going to beat my record of nine goals in a game but it was not to be

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. Pretty impressive to keep it to single figures (if they can).

8,908 is the attendance. Probably bigger than the majority of matches today.

Pierce said the game wasn't as well attended as matches at Bournemouth and Millwall.
The women are getting some pretty decent crowds. (he says trying not to sound terribly patronising)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Pierce said the game wasn't as well attended as matches at Bournemouth and Millwall.
The women are getting some pretty decent crowds. (he says trying not to sound terribly patronising)

How much was it to get in?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Argus says it was 8-0. Oh dear.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Very good entertainment but make no mistake, the England team worked hard for that win, never stopped running and hunted in packs to win the ball back on the rare occasions the Monties had it.

Other noticeable features, no play acting, no rolling around or diving, hardly a free kick given for foul play and very sporting all round.

Albion as hosts? As soon as I got in and saw the lack of refreshments points open in the north you just knew it was another cock-up. So many kids and kids like to eat. Quite a few missed the 1st 2 goals through queuing for food and I bet half time was a nightmare. not surprised if sold out before the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must admit, I wouldn't have gone even had I been paid a fiver........
My point is just short of 9k did.
Assuming JP is correct and that's the smallest crowd, that'll mean 25k+ have watched the wimmin's last 3 games.

Go back just a short time they probably didn't have that total attendance from WWII through to the year 2000.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My point is just short of 9k did.
Assuming JP is correct and that's the smallest crowd, that'll mean 25k+ have watched the wimmin's last 3 games.

Go back just a short time they probably didn't have that total attendance from WWII through to the year 2000.

Amazing! then again, I'm always bemused that 80,000 people to pay to watch England play rugby at Twickenham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here