Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no train thread?

It's quite clear from the tweeting that people connected with the Club have been doing that they know that Southern let them down, by providing incorrect information about the service that would be running.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This isn't Facebook measured in likes but now we know what gets you going

No but it reflects your minority view and no, "we" don't know what gets me going.

Keep pumpin' that 61,876.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Still not addressing how you can criticise Southern non stop for months but hide behind some unenforceable rule when asked to help the general public? Pathetic.

Quite obvious really. Plenty of points to be scored by publicly slagging off an already unpopular company with some so-called insider info. No points to be scored by making a useful but anonymous contribution. Tells you all you need to know.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any SASTA employee such as [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] signs a contract to adhere to the rule book and one of the things is that you must not criticise or do anything on social media etc or talk to the press without permission if it concerns SASTA, enough employees have been sacked during the dispute already so why should DD put his livelihood at risk ? Would any of you ?

The problem is all you stood like sheep last night , standing on the platform tut tutting and listening to 'that man' saying loads of people had gone off with the sniffles. SASTA get away with doing what they do because the lot of you let them get away with it.

It was obvious by 2pm yesterday that SASTA wouldn't be running a timetabled service but they failed to contact the club etc and that is what Barber should be pressing them on.

Errrrr ......... Whistleblowing legislation over rules contracts.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am still fuming from missing the first 25 mins of football and having to catch a bus connection to Hove on the way back having waited for ages at Falmer. Anyone know if you can claim compensation for all this. I wouldn't normally be bothered but it was truelly beyond acceptable last night.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The myth of "sustainable transport exposed again last night.

It's surely obvious by now that Southern are incapable of operating a proper matchday service for evening fixtures. Quite apart from the ridiculous inconvenience, there's surely a safety issue developing here. In just three weeks, we have another home fixture on a Friday night against Leeds. Some of their supporters are, shall we say, not noted for their patience or good humour. The potential for frustrated/angry supporters kicking off has to be considered.

Unless Southern can give the club solid assurances that they will operate a full matchday service then the contingency plans need to be in place.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What I'd like to know is which half wit associated with our club signed a valuable contract with a transport provider with no clause for compensation for failing to provide an agreed service level. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What I'd like to know is which half wit associated with our club signed a valuable contract with a transport provider with no clause for compensation for failing to provide an agreed service level. :shrug:

And presumably paid them up front each season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club have issued a statement and they will be requesting a full explanation of what happened last night. That'll teach em

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unless Southern can give the club solid assurances that they will operate a full matchday service then the contingency plans need to be in place.

Much as nobody in their right mind would trust Southern to run a bath, let alone a train service, maybe the club should nail them down to just providing a 10 minute 8 carriage Brighton-Falmer-Lewes shuttle service both before and after the game and state that upfront well in advance of the Leeds game. At least then it would allow people to either plan around it, or just not bother going. Else it'll just be a guaranteed repeat of the Villa omnishambles. All parties have three weeks of Lessons Learned, starting from... NOW!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's surely obvious by now that Southern are incapable of operating a proper matchday service for evening fixtures. Quite apart from the ridiculous inconvenience, there's surely a safety issue developing here.

That's a difficult route to go down as Southern's standard response to safety issues is to cancel ALL trains.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A club statement concerning last night's travel disruption.

Brighton & Hove Albion would like to thank the majority of supporters from the club, and our visitors Aston Villa, for their patience when travelling home by train from last night's match.

With a capacity crowd at the Amex, Southern Rail made several late and unannounced cancellations just prior to the end of last night's match creating chaos for those using the train to get home.

Albion chief executive Paul Barber said, "We would like to thank our fans, but also the supporters of Aston Villa, for their patience and understanding in frustrating circumstances.

"I would also like to thank our operations team for their hard work in very testing circumstances, and Brighton & Hove Buses for their assistance.

"It's totally unacceptable from Southern Rail to leave passengers stranded in this way and we will be demanding a full explanation from them as to why they so badly let down supporters of both clubs."

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3423941.aspx#a3gG2rU0fqkGZo2V.99

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And presumably paid them up front each season

Much the same as the DfT do with their franchise then. The message is clear: pay these twunts upfront for services at your peril. The minute they get paid by performance, things would improve out of sight overnight. Either that or they'd go bust earlydoors.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The myth of "sustainable transport exposed again last night.

It's surely obvious by now that Southern are incapable of operating a proper matchday service for evening fixtures. Quite apart from the ridiculous inconvenience, there's surely a safety issue developing here. In just three weeks, we have another home fixture on a Friday night against Leeds. Some of their supporters are, shall we say, not noted for their patience or good humour. The potential for frustrated/angry supporters kicking off has to be considered.

Much as nobody in their right mind would trust Southern to run a bath, let alone a train service, maybe the club should nail them down to just providing a 10 minute 8 carriage Brighton-Falmer-Lewes shuttle service both before and after the game and state that upfront well in advance of the Leeds game. At least then it would allow people to either plan around it, or just not bother going. Else it'll just be a guaranteed repeat of the Villa omnishambles. All parties have three weeks of Lessons Learned, starting from... NOW!

East, West or Brighton & Hove we cannot rely on any level of service for night games now, as far as I can see it. You can throw winter weather into the mix now too on top of all the rest of it. I can't see what can be done between now and Leeds to guarantee anything.

Having waited for over an hour last night in the cold, I'm not surprised in the slightest that I'm not feeling too great this morning and I'm sure others are too thanks to Southern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here