Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] We Buy Any Car

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The last car i PX'ed they offered 11k for and were only interested in all that all the gear worked, quick look around it and drive around the car park, no real inspection which i would have expected at that money.
We Buy Any Car aren't offering part exchanges. They offer (a very low amount of) cash, which is a totally different thing to what you're talking about. With a PX deal, they're adding to the price of the car you buy from them to counteract any losses they make on the car they take off you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It had 82K on the clock but there was no hint of a problem when driving it, as I drove over the Shoreham flyover at 85mph on the day I collected the new one I asked myself " What are you doing ?"
And you answered yourself "getting rid of a Ford Orion. YES!!!!!". At a guess....

Lush

Mods' Pet
We had a car that sat outside the house most of the time and was starting to get a bit unreliable. Got very little for it and have now decide to use the Enterprise Car Club. Basically they have vehicles based on streets all across the UK and you just book one on the app, even at short notice.

If you don't drive often and don't think too hard about the cost per drive, but instead compare it to the annual cost of tax/insurance/servicing/repairs of a rapidly depreciating vehicle that you'll get next to nothing for when you sell, I reckon we're saving quite a bit. And we get to drive a new (or newish) car. And there's a parking space waiting when we get back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Yes, the rain sensitive wipers were not working when they picked the car up..... as it wasn’t raining :)
However as I sold it sooooooo fing cheap my conscious wasn’t bothered..

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Yes, but was totally unaware until the deal was agreed and I collected the last couple of bits from the pouch on the back of the front seat (naughty pup had chewed an armrest).

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
We Buy Any Car aren't offering part exchanges. They offer (a very low amount of) cash, which is a totally different thing to what you're talking about. With a PX deal, they're adding to the price of the car you buy from them to counteract any losses they make on the car they take off you.

I was very surprised when they paid me top dollar - more than the dealership offered me when I was ordering a brand new made to my own spec car.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was referring to the change from the mk2 to the mk3 (which, according to your links, was 1989). The look changed, so that's what I thought you meant by the 'new model'. The 95 mk4 looked the same as the mk3.

The Mk2 was indeed replaced by the Mk3 in 1989 and was a huge change in look and design.

The Mk4 was quite a redesign from the Mk3 and I don't think they looked the same at all !! Here's a green Mk3, and a burgundy Mk4 side by side :

mk3.jpg mk4.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
With my old Peugeot, I was tempted to just write-off the depreciation by donating it to the fire service. I believe they still do this; take your clapped-out old motor and practice RTC casualty extrication. Would have been nice to know I'm giving something back to the community...only the car wouldn't make it the 3 miles to the fire station.

So, moan about Ffords all you want. Just be grateful you never had a Ppeugeot.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No, but I sneaked past without accepting their £50 offer for Mrs Earle's car. Somehow, it was an offer I found resistable.

Same here. Was offered £50 by them. Decided to try Gumtree instead. After I input the details on Gumtree a pop up appeared telling me the car was worth £700. I sold it for £600, faults and all.
Avoid WBAC.com

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yep, had a fault on a sensor on the timing chain on a VW Touareg and blagged it as there was a light on the dashboard that showed a problem. Also got another one on them.
They paid the money into my account and said the trailer would be along in two days to collect the car.
After the two days they still hadn’t collected as they said the trailer wasn’t around my area.
The VW was on my private drive behind a padlocked gate so I said fair enough but now I’m charging you £25 per day for parking on my drive.
Trailer turned up a couple of days later to collect but I refused to allow access to the car until they paid my 3 days of parking so £75.
After an hour of arguing they paid the money into my account and I removed the padlock.

Absolute F#cking Brilliant. Did you give them a receipt or invoice ? I would have and labelled it ''Fools Fee''

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
WBAC just got owned. I was given confidence by a few of the stories on this thread. They've just given me £2k for my wife's car. The gearbox & clutch have had it. Book value £2600. Repair costs quoted at £1900. I win. Hopefully whoever buys it at auction has the good sense to start it up & move it!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
WBAC just got owned..... Hopefully whoever buys it at auction has the good sense to start it up & move it!

Nope. The next owner just got owned.

Hopefully it's not some poor private individual who has saved for months to buy a new family car at auction to save himself some cash and get a bargain.

WBAC never lose, even if you win.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Nope. The next owner just got owned.

Hopefully it's not some poor private individual who has saved for months to buy a new family car at auction to save himself some cash and get a bargain.

WBAC never lose, even if you win.

All part of the game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here