Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB London

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Love it but even on the presale this morning I somehow managed to fail to get a ticket. It is pretty expensive.
As a baseball fan I was considering heading up to one of these games....

But the pricing is outrageous - cheapest tickets are £30 and there is a tiny amount of them.

Going to be interested to see how well these sell as I don’t think the interest is a big as the NFL

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
fail

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmm, prices seem high, would have been nice to go even though neither of the teams is mine. Looks like it might be on the BBC though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Cheers !
it did but can't get on site now
may give it a whirl in the wee small hours when people are asleep

I'm assuming sold out as nothing shows up as available. So disappointing. Still, I'm sure I'll see some in the states again at some point.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, looks like they've all been hoovered up by Stubhub now. An upper tier ticket, face value £65 now retailing at £174. No doubt large swathes of them were purchased en-mass for this rip-off resale. Absolutely scandalous how this racket is somehow still perfectly legal.

Could probably rock up on the day once the game has started and get a ticket from a tout at a hugely reduced price from what they're asking for right now, if you don't mind missing an innings or two. But its proper shit, this.

Guess I won't be going after all.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Quick straw poll - how many people on here tried to get tickets, and how many actually got any?

I tried on at 10am, and failed. Either day, 2 or 4 tickets, as soon as I was through the "queue" there was NOTHING available, but as my esteemed colleague reports, they were all over StubHub within minutes at an extortionate mark-up.

Anyone actually get a ticket for Face Value?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well, looks like they've all been hoovered up by Stubhub now. An upper tier ticket, face value £65 now retailing at £174. No doubt large swathes of them were purchased en-mass for this rip-off resale. Absolutely scandalous how this racket is somehow still perfectly legal.

Could probably rock up on the day once the game has started and get a ticket from a tout at a hugely reduced price from what they're asking for right now, if you don't mind missing an innings or two. But its proper shit, this.

Guess I won't be going after all.

Ditto. Disappointing when you convince yourself you're going to an event and end up not getting a ticket. To be honest it would be more fun seeing a game in the States anyway. Just encourages me to sort out a trip over.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Quick straw poll - how many people on here tried to get tickets, and how many actually got any?

I tried on at 10am, and failed. Either day, 2 or 4 tickets, as soon as I was through the "queue" there was NOTHING available, but as my esteemed colleague reports, they were all over StubHub within minutes at an extortionate mark-up.

Yes i did got 2 for each day on the pre sale on monday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I pre-registered for tickets months ago, but received NO notification in my email about the pre-sales being available (and yes, I did check my junk folder).

Shoddy.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Pre-registered, tried 10am Monday, hopeless. Infuriating "wow, lots of people showed up today" message and not even the sniff of a ticket. Gave up after 2 hours.

Tried again this morning on the dot of 10, same thing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I pre-registered for tickets months ago, but received NO notification in my email about the pre-sales being available (and yes, I did check my junk folder).

Shoddy.

Same here.

I did get a "thank you for registering ......." email back then, but absolutely NOTHING since.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
AP sources: Mets-Nats or Cubs-Cards for London in 2020

ORLANDO, Fla. — Major League Baseball is considering one of two matchups for its 2020 series in London: New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals or Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals.

Two people familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press of the potential matchups. They spoke on condition of anonymity Friday because no announcements had been authorized. An announcement is expected after opening day this year.

MLB's first games in Britain are scheduled for this summer, when the World Series champion Boston Red Sox play the New York Yankees at London's Olympic Stadium in June 29-30. The venue was built for the 2012 Olympics and reconfigured for the Premier League club West Ham United.

Baseball's collective bargaining agreement calls for a 2020 opener in Asia, April games in Mexico, May games in Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic and June games in Britain.

Please be the Cubs!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone have any luck this morning? I only got offered singles at £340. No thanks, not at that price. Absolute shambles.

I've decided to make a day of it and go up to London on the Sunday anyway, ticketless (the game starts at 3.30). I reckon once it gets near the first pitch, or an innings or two into the match, they'll be giving them away.

And if they're STILL playing silly buggers with the prices on the day, then I'll just stay in a pub somewhere and carry on watching England v India in the Cricket World Cup from Edgbaston.

WIN/WIN

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The prices for this are mental. Entry in the US is literally $30-$60 for decent seats and absolutely a better experience then you will get at the London Stadium.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone have any luck this morning? I only got offered singles at £340. No thanks, not at that price. Absolute shambles.
Managed to get a pair of the £65 ones for Saturday.

Not my cup of tea at all, but my partner loves it so I don't mind too much

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£105 for a partially restricted view, outfield ticket.

Mmmmnah.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here