Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hugo Lloris - arrested for alleged drink driving

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite - smacks of needing time to sober up before they can even talk to him properly........

They won't bother interviewing him if he was stopped by the police while driving. It'd be a straight charge and bail to court.

In terms of timing, they first have to make sure that there's no likelihood of him getting straight into a car and driving off again while still pissed, and secondly he has to be fit for charge anyway (ie sober enough to understand the charge being read to him). That's the basis for the delay in releasing somebody.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Some people don't care, some people don't realise they are over the limit as don't understand legal limits properly. I would assume that after one pint I would be OK to drive but I don't know for sure so tend to not drink at all

Being able to afford a taxi doesn't come in to it

I personally would assume after one pint i wouldn't be OK to drive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Being able to afford a taxi doesn't come in to it

It very much does come into it! If I go out for a drink I can go somewhere in walking distance (not much of an option these days!) or get the bus - in which case I'll have to leave early enough to catch a bus home, and that won't be at 2 o'clock in the morning! If I want to stay out late, or go somewhere a little further afield, I'll take the car and drink one pint, and one pint only - and I'll avoid the stronger beers too. Taxi? - no, can't afford it!
If on the other hand I was a PL footballer, who is probably earning as much per day as I get in a year as an OAP, I would think nothing of forking out twenty or thirty quid each way for a taxi - I'd probably give the driver the same amount again as a tip! And if I was earning that much, I'd like to think I wouldn't act as stupidly as Lloris (allegedly) has.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats rubbish I'm afraid and your mate was telling you porkies. When you get done for drink driving you end up being 'Disqualified from driving' which means exactly that, it makes no difference to where your licence was issued thats just a recording mechanism to log any endorsements and entitlements really. Also an international driving permit is really only for UK drivers to drive in certain countries abroad. Unless your mate is foreign of course and then its feasible he could have done this although he would be unlikely to be insured.

I thought it was a little far fetched as any body with money would go abroad and get a licence but he drove for the entire period of his disqualification. I wouldnt argue the point of whether you are actually banned from driving or from holding and without a licence you cannot legally drive.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mind Numbing stupidity from a professional footballer shock , clubs themselves must take a certain amount of blame for these dickheads who think it's ok to get pissed then drive the Range Rover home , if it's not already in place at football clubs then some education of what can happen if you don't give a shit about anybody else on the planet is a must , the obscene amounts of money these people are paid seems to give them a self aura of invincibility and doigivafuk syndrome , one of the lowest forms of human life on the planet are drink and drug drivers and fines are no deterrent for them , perhaps a few weeks inside may give them some form of self awareness and a bit more respect for other people , i don't know , it just boils my blood and not just for personal reasons , it's just so unnecessary .

End of Flounce .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here