Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the next England manager is?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm really not sure how to answer that. You're clearly wrong, why not admit it?

In fact, I'm not sure he was ever manager at Blackburn:

Souness left just after the start of 2004–05 to take charge at Newcastle, and he was replaced by Welsh national coach Mark Hughes.Hughes secured Rovers' Premier League survival for the 2004–05 season as well as an FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal, with Rovers finishing 15th once again. He led the team to sixth the following season and Rovers's third European qualification in five years.

Rovers reached the semi-final of the 2006–07 FA Cup, but lost to Chelsea in extra time, and finished that season's league in tenth, qualifying for the Intertoto Cup, which led to a short run in the 2007–08 UEFA Cup. In May 2008, Mark Hughes left Blackburn Rovers for the vacancy at Manchester City. He was replaced by Paul Ince, Ince's first job was to persuade some of the wantaway players to stay. with Archie Knox coming in as his assistant. Ince's time in charge started well, but following a run of eleven games without a win he was sacked in December 2008. Sam Allardyce was appointed as Ince's replacement and in 2009–10 he led the team to a tenth-place finish and a League Cup semi-final.

In November 2010, the Indian company V H Group bought Blackburn Rovers under the name of Venky's London Limited for £23 million. The new owners sacked Allardyce and replaced him with first-team coach Steve Kean, initially on a temporary basis
well after staying up for 48 hours from a stag do to watch that load of shit this morning please excuse the **** out of me stumpy tim but i distinctly heard my life long blackburn supporting freind say ....hodgson got blackburn relegated ....i dont really care about blackburn to be honest and i dont care about england any more in a footballing sense ....so if you are after an argument you best wake your missus up ....!!! goodnight and no i'm not wrong , just to piss you off a bit more.x

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we want to be the best then we MUST get a German manager, ideally with German coaches. And some German players.

Stumpy Tim

well after staying up for 48 hours from a stag do to watch that load of shit this morning please excuse the **** out of me stumpy tim but i distinctly heard my life long blackburn supporting freind say ....hodgson got blackburn relegated ....i dont really care about blackburn to be honest and i dont care about england any more in a footballing sense ....so if you are after an argument you best wake your missus up ....!!! goodnight and no i'm not wrong , just to piss you off a bit more.x
Read the bottom of my last post. I stand corrected.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
FA stepping back from the idea that the coach has to be English. Saying that no-one is ruled out.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Martin Glenn FA chief executive " I'm not an expert on football"
Is the man who's job it is to pick the new manager
Just seen his interview on sky sports
I'm shaking my head in disbelieve, this is real Mike Basset the follow up movie material
I had to rewind it back to check he really did say it
"I'm not an expert on football"

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As next England manager I would throw Tony Adams into the reckoning has some managerial experience but great grounding as an England and Arsenal captain and player. A better option than many suggested.

He is about to take up a position as joint-assistant coach of Arsenal's U-18s (alongside Thierry Henry), with Kwame Ampadu as coach.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sky sources saying Hodgson lost the dressing room before the match because:
1. They didn't want to play 4 3 3 and
2. Senior players didn't want Sterling in the side.

WTF! I guess these overpaid w@nkers don't want a manager. They'll just pick their own team, decide on their own tactics and it'll all be great.

And that is why it doesnt matter who the manager is.

Our national team players are deluded, mentally weak, tactically stupid and thick.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm shaking my head in disbelieve, this is real Mike Basset the follow up movie material

He's a Wolves season ticket holder so he is obviously a football supporter, as much of an expert as any of us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Amazingly, you didn't have to rewind it at all. He said it TWICE! :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here