Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a tricky one, they're far more likely to be relegated if they do let him leave.

Perhaps a big pay rise and the promise of letting him go next summer will be enough?
Yes and that would mean they can spend the guaranteed £80m they'll get for him now. #palacelogic

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Zaha is leaving, Palace are broke, we are heading for admin 3. Must be all true, I read it on here.
1. Probable as he's said he wants to go.
2. Not broke but making big losses without selling players and with no room to manoeuvre on wages re FFP.
3. Not unless you're relegated. Then it would be a likely outcome.

FACTS.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
1. Probable as he's said he wants to go.
2. Not broke but making big losses without selling players and with no room to manoeuvre on wages re FFP.
3. Not unless you're relegated. Then it would be a likely outcome.

FACTS.

#1 certainly isn’t a fact.

Care to back it up? :D

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

tenor.gif

Attachments

• GleefulShimmeringIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif
    GleefulShimmeringIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 267

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
£60-70m is not an unreasonable price for a player of his outstanding quality. We'd be fools to accept anything less in the current climate.

I would be much happier with Wilfried going abroad when he eventually leaves, yes.

:lolol:

Our team fought their ****ing arses off as a unit to stay up last season and we managed it at a canter. You relied on one guy that is a bit better than the utter shit he is surrounded by.

He's already shown he hasn't got the bollocks to cut it at the top, you lot are ****ing delusional if you think a top club will take a punt on a guy that's a proven shitmuncher.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Of course I do.

There is nothing there to confirm your supposed ‘fact’ at all, is there?
Ok then. Every news agency reporting that he's turned down a new contract and wants to leave must be making it up rather than getting the information from his agent. You know, the information that only gets leaked when a player wants to leave....

Or is he just holding out for £150k+ a week to stay (possible but also ridiculously sad and unaffordable for Palace).

I see you aren't attempting to refute the other FACTS as well. Poor show sir.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ok then. Every news agency reporting that he's turned down a new contract and wants to leave must be making it up rather than getting the information from his agent. You know, the information that only gets leaked when a player wants to leave....

Or is he just holding out for £150k+ a week to stay (possible but also ridiculously sad and unaffordable for Palace).

There are two obvious answers to this,

1. It’s Sussex Police making it all up.
2. Every news agency reporting it have read NSC, and they take everything we post as gospel.

Your choice.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Why would I attempt to refute those opinions which may well possibly be the case? I focused on the one ‘fact’ that simply wasn’t a fact at all and asked for some form of proof which, quite understandably, you haven’t been able to provide. The fact that all the news agents have reported it doesn’t make it right.

Here’s a quote from after today’s game.

‘Zaha replied: “Why does everyone suddenly think I’m leaving?….Nothing’s happening!”

If that wasn’t enough to make Palace fans happy, the Eagles star also flashed a thumbs up into the camera.’

From the same source you used.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

What? My first paragraph points out that sitting out til january isn't the only option (while agreeing (and expanding) that sitting out until January is one option) setting up my second paragraph that is an alternative outcome that SB didn't seem to consider. Are you turning into trigger - cutting down posts to fractions of sentences to make points that are often not intended or answered by the post in its entirety.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why would I attempt to refute those opinions which may well possibly be the case? I focused on the one ‘fact’ that simply wasn’t a fact at all and asked for some form of proof which, quite understandably, you haven’t been able to provide. The fact that all the news agents have reported it doesn’t make it right.

‘Zaha replied: “Why does everyone suddenly think I’m leaving?….Nothing’s happening!”

If that wasn’t enough to make Palace fans happy, the Eagles star also flashed a thumbs up into the camera.’

Why on earth does flashing a thumbs up to the camera do more to make Palace fans happy?!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

This is straw clutching of the lowest order. Unlike many Palace gimps who frequent this board, you're not stupid, so you're really not doing yourself any favours by posting desperate rubbish like that.

And I don't think news agents have anything to do with this btw.

Zaha is clearly either trying to engineer a move or wants an underserved and unaffordable pay rise of massive proportions. Even with Palace specs on you must be able to see that this is a fact. Why else would all this information be being leaked to the press?

We've seen it all, hundreds of times, with different players and different clubs and it's always the same. What makes your golden boy different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here