Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Finally, on NO ACCOUNT speak to any locals. They are nasty, violent types who can turn on you in an instant. Hope that's of use.

Ha ha. Reminds me when I did a run in Worthing, it was the pre-London 18 miler I think. I had a group of chavvy kids weaving in and out of me and some others on bikes trying to goad us and giving us abuse for a mile or so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was planning on cycling over. A steady flat 8 mile warm up. Legs feel shot from cross training this week. Will try and hang on to @GNT and push him to an unassailable AG.

I will see the assembled NSC crew at the start, Southern Fail permitting. Anything quicker than my Greg Bobkin assisted 24.59 will be a result given I have been working away on site for the last 2 weeks, eating hotel or restaurant food every night.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ha ha. Reminds me when I did a run in Worthing, it was the pre-London 18 miler I think. I had a group of chavvy kids weaving in and out of me and some others on bikes trying to goad us and giving us abuse for a mile or so.

Might have been the old Worthing 20 mile pre-London event. 4 x 5 miles laps of mind-numbingly boring terrain. The chavvy kids were just trying to make the run more interesting and take your mind off the pain.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

What is your ETA at the Hasenheide Parkrun finish line? Don't forget your Barcode. Spread betting market showing 19:45 to 20:15 with potential.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Extract from Worthing parkrun facebook page re tomorrow's run:

'Please join us for a special parkrun that not only celebrates Worthing parkrun’s 2nd birthday but also celebrates the 70th birthday of the NHS. We will be teaming up with Heads On, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s charity which supports people with mental health challenges. We would love anybody connected to the NHS to come & be part of this special event. It would also be great if people could dress up in NHS & birthday related outfits & particularly anything that makes people smile & challenges the stigma of mental health.'

Looks like a golden opportunity for @knocky to squeeze into that wetsuit for the occasion?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sadly, I won't be able to join the masses in Worthing tomorrow – I've planned in 40 miles on the bike early doors, so I'll be collapsed in a heap at home by then. Good luck to all – it's a great route if there's no or little wind around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is your ETA at the Hasenheide Parkrun finish line? Don't forget your Barcode. Spread betting market showing 19:45 to 20:15 with potential.

I’m shooting for 19:30. I spoke to [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] earlier who said it’s a bit hilly. We’ll see.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sadly, I won't be able to join the masses in Worthing tomorrow – I've planned in 40 miles on the bike early doors, so I'll be collapsed in a heap at home by then. Good luck to all – it's a great route if there's no or little wind around.

You'd have only had to wait for me at the Pier for five minutes :lolol:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I’m in for Worhing in the morning- looks like it could be a wet one, at least that will make your wet suit more comfortable [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] - I can give you a lift. Room for one more from west Hove area PM me if interested.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I’m in for Worhing in the morning- looks like it could be a wet one, at least that will make your wet suit more comfortable [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] - I can give you a lift. Room for one more from west Hove area PM me if interested.

Tremendous, thank you. Have replied to your PM.

I'm going to upgrade your "wet" to "warm, wet and windy" :eek:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've taken on a second job as a delivery driver for a certain Mr Papa John, I am working this evening until 10pm so we'll see how I feel in the morning. I intend to participate in the Worthing event, but I can never guarantee participation when it requires driving over there! If I'm up in time, I'll be there and I'll be aiming for 19:00 - 19:30.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's not looking wet right now but it's certainly looking warm. Long range forecast suggests this may be good practice for next week though. See you on the grid. Try not to lap me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was a no from me this morning gents, I ended up staying on until 11pm last night after working a 9-5 during the day. I needed to get a bit of sleep last night. I'm looking forward to the reports!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're looking at an AG medal position. I think it's all over now? With the time difference.......

It is now. My Strava has exactly 20:00. I’ll let you know when I get my official time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're looking at an AG medal position. I think it's all over now? With the time difference.......

Official time is 19:59, age grade is 73.23%.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A season's best 23.55 (official) for me. 106th out of nearly 500 runners and the first time I've gone under 24 minutes since the second long injury layoff. All of which is glossing over the fact I got the wooden spoon :lolol:

Good to see [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] - see you again at the 10k next week chaps. Thanks very much for the lift [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]. Also a good chat with age grade champ supremo [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION] and, I believe I briefly met [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] at the end. Have to admit I was slightly struggling to speak at that point. An excellently flat course lulled me in to running a quick (for me) 7.25 first mile but by two and a half miles I was dying on my a*** in a mix of sun, sweat blindness and a head wind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here