Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icelandic international linked

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Soley - I'll Drown (From my album of the year a few years back)

Just Another Snake Cult - Have You Seen This Girl Anywhere

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This rumour has legs. He says he wants to play in the Championship. We have a strong scouting system in the area hence Maksimenko from Latvia and Icelandic under-19 international Emil Asmundsson. Plus now a Finnish International Champions League winning manager. Bring him on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mostly right. Gudmundsson is 'son of Gudmundur' (rather than Gudmund), and rather than being 'usually' the father's name, its actually sex-specific (normally) - i.e. all boys are <father'sfirstname>sson and all girls are <mother'sfirstname>sdottir. I have no idea why Bjork bucked this convention and took her father's name - its very unusual to do so in my experience (I have many Icelandic business clients). Bjork's mother was called Hildur - she should by convention be Bjork Hildursdottir. Her parents split up when she was little, so maybe she took her father's name then.

(To illustrate the convention futher, Bjork's own two children have different surnames - her daughter is 'Bjarkarsdottir' and her son is 'Porsson'.)

#Bjorkgeek

I have nothing to add to this, just wanted to say that I once shared a sauna with Bjork in a small, gingham bikini (she was, not me). That is all

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Olafar Arnalds improvising with Nils Frahm - how much talent from one small island? I had tickets to see him in Hove with my gf and youngest son but couldn't go, sadly. Merry Prankster was there and by all accounts it was sublime. (Olafar Arnalds used to be a drummer in a thrash metal band - not a lot of people know that).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bit of trivia about the Icelandic language: High-functioning British autistic writer, Daniel Tammet learned to speak fluent Icelandic in 7 days - just to prove he could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here