Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
West Ham fans signed up for record season ticket sales before the last game at The Boleyn Ground had even been played. Surely that was the time to protest and boycott it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure Noble will see any trouble. There was a match several years ago now where a guy ran on the pitch in a Borat mankini, a player tripped him up to stop him until the stewards got on to do their jobs. He was sent off, but the automatic ban was withdrawn, in part I suspect, due to the pressure in the media saying what a ridiculous decision it was to send him off. I haven't seen anything particularly excessive in Noble's shoving of the fan to urge him off. Probably just a warning from the FA for him. That's probably right. For me, if a fan enters the pitch, they shouldn't receive particular protection from the laws of the game, players have no idea what is in their mind (a lark, a protest, or a monica seles?) and shouldn't have to just stand there and hope the (probably underpaid, out of shape) stewards to do their job.

As for the team punishment... as others have said, it was reported as 4 incidents of pitch invasion. When you can count how many people are doing it, it's not a particularly serious pitch invasion. A points deduction would only be applied if there was something hanging over them. I know they had some stadium troubles early last season, but I don't remember there being anything about a suspended points deduction.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As long as there are vocal minority goons who feature in fan videos with a mindset of defending supporters running on the pitch whilst criticizing their own players for remonstrating with them, there'll always be issues.

Fortunately the majority of supporters let the pitch invaders know in no uncertain terms what they thought of their actions.

The concern is that other impressionable fans are going to think that this is acceptable behaviour.

Interesting to note when the invasions occurred - 2nd half straight after they conceded.

Almost certainly wouldn't have happened if they were winning at the time.

Heavy fine with suspended closed doors/points deduction for any repeat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Should never have left the Boleyn Ground. A lovely old ground with real atmosphere that could be their twelfth man on a big occasion. But the same self-entitled fans who think they deserve to beat "the likes of Brighton and Burnley" just by turning up are the ones who voted for the London Stadium (and BOY does that deal stink) to increase the chances of world domination. Now they're throwing their toys out of the pram because they're basically very similar to ten other sides in the PL including teams they consider beneath them. Zero sympathy. Relegation would be HILARIOUS.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Wasn't that also a repeat offence?

This is the first one.

Much how I would like a 30 point deduction for them

Yes, that's my recollection. We got a points deduction for the York City abandonment, but it was suspended and a subsequent on the pitch protest the following season triggered the suspended deduction to be implemented. I could be remembering this wrong.

I cannot see any points being deducted for West Ham, but if they were then they will have been treated much more harshly than we were.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I think the problem if thier entitlement is right there in that video. "No disrespect but we should be beating Burnley" Why ? Why should you be beating automatically beating Burnley, you're not Manchester United, you're West Ham, a club that alternates between midtable Prem and midtable Champ with the odd relegation threats and promotion challenges. Burnley are a well organised midtable team. You should be aspiring to beat that sort of team at home but there are no free passes just cos you've swallowed the old West Ham way , World Cup winner myth hook line and sinker

Pawpa working class people though. From the amount of times he said it, I thought he was the only one who worked 40 hours last week.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do cringe at these Fan TV channels. However, it is car crash viewing and I can’t look away. I really hope we never get one. I could only imagine some of the ice creams on here being interviewed.

It's funny seeing people on there being interviewed talking about things like "I've been saying this all season, but no-one would do anything" or "I've been saying this since day one, but everyone laughed at me". Who are you? There is obviously lot of "we should be beating teams like [x]" arrogance in these interviews, but to personally think you, as a random no mark person in the tens of thousands attending each week, need to be listened to is its own special kind of arrogance.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It's funny seeing people on there being interviewed talking about things like "I've been saying this all season, but no-one would do anything" or "I've been saying this since day one, but everyone laughed at me". Who are you? There is obviously lot of "we should be beating teams like [x]" arrogance in these interviews, but to personally think you, as a random no mark person in the tens of thousands attending each week, need to be listened to is its own special kind of arrogance.

I am surprised none of them have brought their Championship/Football Manager CVs along or their FIFA career mode CVs along to show their club their tactical know how.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A 21 point deduction would seem fair ( and leave them with a maximum haul of 33 points ).

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
As a Hammers fan, here is my take on things.

Firstly, you will not find many WH fans with illusions of grandeur. Don't forget that 2 of the verses to Bubbles are "and like my dreams, they fade and die" and "Fortune's always hiding". I would think that a large percentage of ardent WH fans would take a dip to league one if it meant getting rid of the owners.

Talking of the owners, they sold us a dream. A world class stadium suitable for champions league football with seats going right to the pitch. No wonder many voted for it.

Champions league football withing 5 years after investing in the team.

A debt free club

There's many many more that I can't think of off the top of my head but the promises and lies by the dildo brothers has caused this. Most supporters will not rest until they're gone.

As many have said....bloody joke of a club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Firstly, you will not find many WH fans with illusions of grandeur. Don't forget that 2 of the verses to Bubbles are "and like my dreams, they fade and die" and "Fortune's always hiding". I would think that a large percentage of ardent WH fans would take a dip to league one if it meant getting rid of the owners.

Talking of the owners, they sold us a dream. A world class stadium suitable for champions league football with seats going right to the pitch. No wonder many voted for it.

A debt free club

There's many many more that I can't think of off the top of my head but the promises and lies by the dildo brothers has caused this. Most supporters will not rest until they're gone.

I thought from day one that the Olympic stadium was a giant upmarket Withdean without the views, no idea why so many of your fans were so keen on it. I have never been there though so I may be wrong. :shrug:

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed

A debt free club

Mugs sold a pup by East End wide boys?

Surely some mistake.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Should never have left the Boleyn Ground. A lovely old ground with real atmosphere that could be their twelfth man on a big occasion. But the same self-entitled fans who think they deserve to beat "the likes of Brighton and Burnley" just by turning up are the ones who voted for the London Stadium (and BOY does that deal stink) to increase the chances of world domination. Now they're throwing their toys out of the pram because they're basically very similar to ten other sides in the PL including teams they consider beneath them. Zero sympathy. Relegation would be HILARIOUS.

Like spoilt kids I'm afraid. Its Newham rate payers I feel for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here