Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fit and not on the bench? If true, interesting news for us. I doubt the NUFC board will want to keep a few million pounds sat in the reserves doing nothing, no matter what Rafa says.

In Ashley's financial shoes, do you:
a) Sell a striker, rated by an opposing relegation club, to them, which might enhance their chances of staying up and necessarily reduce Newcastle's chances = £100m drop income if they drop? or
b) Take a few £m right now by selling to that relegation rival?

Financially, (b) doesn't look so attractive for the sake of a few months.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
In Ashley's financial shoes, do you:
a) Sell a striker, rated by an opposing relegation club, to them, which might enhance their chances of staying up and necessarily reduce Newcastle's chances = £100m drop income if they drop? or
b) Take a few £m right now by selling to that relegation rival?

Financially, (b) doesn't look so attractive for the sake of a few months.

Your options a) and b) say the same thing: sell to a relegation rival. But i know what you mean.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Jan 22, 2017
He really isn't very good.

He is a great player who is being wasted when he hasn't played for a while though....

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The Geordies are already in meltdown at Ashley's delay in agreeing a deal with the most recent bidders for the club. If they had allowed Mitrovic to come to a rival who ended up finishing above them the fans would have started punching every police horse in sight.
It's an interesting game of high stakes poker with Ashley holding out for the price he wants and also what he feels the club is worth.

I'd be interested to know:
a) How much an independent valuer thinks Newcastle is worth as a Premier League team.
b) How much Mike Ashley currently wants?
c) How much the bidders are offering?
d) How much Newcastle would be worth if relegated to the Championship?

Coming back to Mitrovic signing for Fulham, I hope he helps them get promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here