Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Marko Grujic: [On Loan] Liverpool Midfielder Must Play 14 Games At Cardiff City'

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
There's a huge difference in the Brown and Murray scenarios in the fact that Murray made a palpable effort in both the games for Brighton. My comment was that the MOST effort that Brown made was in clapping the Hudds players and fans so you are not comparing like with like,

Nice attempt at trying to twist what I wrote though and going for the strawman argument.

Except plenty of NSC posters on here think Glenn could and should make more effort in games. And he's a player being decent and respectful to his previous club.
I thought relevant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Except plenty of NSC posters on here think Glenn could and should make more effort in games. And he's a player being decent and respectful to his previous club.
I thought relevant.

There's no except in it. You accused me of feeling the same way about Murray in the 2 Palace games as I did about Brown in the Hudds game. You're all over the place now with your arguments going from the specific (Murray in the Palace games, Brown in the Hudds game) and trying to make general conclusions. I'd have thought you clever enough to know that's no basis for any sort of sensible argument.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why do people consistently hate our loan signings?

Does it make them feel big and clever belittling players just because they don't kiss the badge and swear allegiance to the North Stand?

I remember thread after thread on here with people being absolute twats about United first teamer Jesse Lingaard. In fact, probably deserves a bounce. Bet THPP was one of them. Never has someone who knows so little posted so much.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Another strawman argument. I liked James Wilson, I liked Teixera, Joe Bennett and many more but because I don't much care for Brown's laziness therefore I hate all loan signings. Did you and ChaileyJem both get taught logic by the same teacher?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Does it make them feel big and clever belittling players just because they don't kiss the badge and swear allegiance to the North Stand?

Another strawman argument. I liked James Wilson, I liked Teixera, Joe Bennett and many more but because I don't much care for Brown's laziness therefore I hate all loan signings. Did you and ChaileyJem both get taught logic by the same teacher?

I dunno. TSB did you go to Blatchington Mill. ? Not sure it was posh enough to have logic lessons was it ?

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Izzy was gash at the emirates as well, hardly broke a jog in the 2nd half

Huddersfield was Leon Best levels of laziness - his fault for the 2nd goal because he didn’t even challenge the player who assisted. Wish him a speedy recovery but am pleased to see the back of him

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Posh? Really? Is that what you're stooping to now as some sort of reply?

'Sake, you can be a very petty bloke at times.

It was a poor attempt at humour. I'm not sure any school has logic lessons even posh ones. Apologies. I don't think Izzy Brown is lazy. You do. Fair enough.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I really wasn't aiming that at you Buz, A lot of people here take delight in slagging off every loan player we get. Clearly you're not one of them...which makes it all the more strange that you'd take my post personally.

I dunno. TSB did you go to Blatchington Mill. ? Not sure it was posh enough to have logic lessons was it ?

Actually, I did!! Perhaps [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] was right.
Cue X-Files music.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I really wasn't aiming that at you Buz, A lot of people here take delight in slagging off every loan player we get. Clearly you're not one of them...which makes it all the more strange that you'd take my post personally.

Actually, I did!! Perhaps [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] was right.
Cue X-Files music.

Apologies matey. Your post followed mine so I presumed it was aimed at me. I got that wrong so sorry. And for the record, I went to Durrington High and probably about as posh as Blatch Mill!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was at Huddersfield. Twice he stopped at the edge of the pitch to jerk off one of their fans. And then they all joined in as he left the pitch after 70 staggeringly invisible minutes. He couldn't have given less of a sh1t about the Albion if he'd tried.

Judging by peoples comments who also went to the game.....no one covered themselves in glory in that particular match

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Durington ...nnnnooooooo, (Im a Tarring Boy). For what its worth I generally agree with you I do not hate Brown but I felt for 1 reason or another his heart wasnt with us and in our set up up he didnt really offer much more than what we already had.
It does seem on here everything is judged as black or white when in reality most of us are somewhere in between.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Also not a fan. The times he came in, in my opinion, he didn't look like he knew what he was doing and so did very little. Remember a game when he came on, played a '1' to Murray for Murray to play the '2' into space behind for Brown. But Brown had stopped and just didn't run after he'd played the ball. Was right in front of us in NW corner. Murray turned around and looked at him, raised his arms in WTF and Brown just looked confused. Can't remember the game but it epitomised his time with us for me = frustrating.

Now not sure if that's his 'orders' or not. Either way, it didn't work.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why I love NSC. Blatch Mill V Durrington fight that ends up in hugs all round started by Brown's laziness at Huddersfield away.

Doffs cap all round.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Apologies matey. Your post followed mine so I presumed it was aimed at me. I got that wrong so sorry. And for the record, I went to Durrington High and probably about as posh as Blatch Mill!

It's all good. As a result of our miscommunication, I learned that Jem came from the same inauspicious surroundings as me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, he's gone now. Can't we all just agree that for whatever reason that particular loan spell didn't really work out well, either for the player or for the Albion? We move on.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Too good for the Championship but can see why he'd go there for 95 minutes every week rather than be 4th or 5th choice at a Prem side (until he's had a consistant run of games and shows his level).

Would then be a good player for a EPL team to take in August for a year and commit to as a starter with full pre-season etc.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bar the Huddersfield game, looked decent to me. Just didn’t ever get a chance to settle in. He was an option that I think could have really been useful to us in these final 15 games.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
... otherwise be 'financially punished by Liverpool'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42744447

Can't help but think we had a very similar arrangement with Chelsea over Izzy Brown. Would explain CH's insistence on giving him a game despite him adding nothing whatsoever to the side.

Brown never added anything?

If you played Knockaert at centre back he wouldn’t add anything either.

Fact remains he is a central attacking midfielder or a player who plays off a target man. Tell me one game where Hughton started him in that position other than Palace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I confess, the only away game I’ve been to is WBA, but I’ve seen all of our home games and he has looked interested in every performance. But he’s barely been used, so to reiterate my last point, how can we really judge him as a player?

I don't think you can.

But that will not stop some people doing so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here