Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo's goal.......excuse my indulgence

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Brilliant sequence of pictures , wish I had taken them as I would be chuffed as hell. As Bozza says looks like it is going to go wild but it took an amazing dip at the end.

What really pleased me was at the end of the game he was with the other players on the pitch rather than just going down the tunnel. I hope CH realises that he should give him a run now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is it easier to swerve the ball with your instep (Izquierdo) or outside (Wanyama)?

I think with my long lost footballing ability that the outside swerve is almost natural and the instep swerve is nigh impossible (without falling over).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It's absolutely CRIMINAL that players get booked for over-celebrating and taking off their shirts.

Do the powers that be say why taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal is a yellow card offence? Players take their shirts of at the end of the match whilst still on the pitch and that is still technically part of the game as they can red carded after the final whistle.

This rule is the work of partypooping curmudgeons.

Edit:

Just found this on Fifa.com

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So as to avoid any ambiguities and facilitate the correct interpretation and application of the Law, a player will be deemed to have removed his jersey - and therefore become liable for a caution - if the jersey has been pulled over the player's head, or if his head has been covered by the jersey (see illustration - Removal of the jersey guidelines ).

Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

This decision was agreed on at the 118th Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) on 28 February 2004 in London, and will come into effect on 1 July this year.

What utter nonsense!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Love it, I went nuts watching this go in on Saturday. One of my favourite I've seen at the Amex. Always been a fan of Izquierdo, hopefully he can put in some consistently good performances.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Do the powers that be say why taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal is a yellow card offence? Players take their shirts of at the end of the match whilst still on the pitch and that is still technically part of the game as they can red carded after the final whistle.

Edit:

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So as to avoid any ambiguities and facilitate the correct interpretation and application of the Law, a player will be deemed to have removed his jersey - and therefore become liable for a caution - if the jersey has been pulled over the player's head, or if his head has been covered by the jersey (see illustration - Removal of the jersey guidelines ).

Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

This decision was agreed on at the 118th Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) on 28 February 2004 in London, and will come into effect on 1 July this year.

What utter nonsense!

iirc, it was because a load of players were wearing t-shirts with messages on underneath, sometimes political, sometimes advertising, which they wanted to stop. Which was fair enough to a point. They bring this law in though, when it could have just been - take shirt off to reveal a slogan gets booking.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
but these sort of things don't happen too often and fortunately I was as good as right behind it..enjoy

View attachment 93791
View attachment 93792
View attachment 93793
View attachment 93794
View attachment 93795
View attachment 93796
View attachment 93797
View attachment 93798
View attachment 93799

Ooops Murrays goal celebration has slipped in :moo:

My favourite picture is the sixth one – ball has hit the back of the net, keeper STILL in mid-air and NO-ONE is celebrating!

Top snapping.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Edit:

What utter nonsense!

The way that law reads, everyone else on the pitch could remove their shirt and wave it round their heads, just not the scorer. I am wondering if a player would get away with pulling his shirt over his head, if his off target shot was deflected into goal, technically making it an own goal?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The fourth snap, where the keeper is at full stretch and an inch away from the ball is beautiful

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Nice the see the West Ham number 6 is the first one to raise his arm cheering even before the ball hit the back of the net

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here