Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: Second round, match up 3; Siberian Tiger Vs Grasshopper Mouse

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
That's why we are able to get to WHC X. If we all agreed on the definition of hard we'd be done after WHC I(Polar Bear if you were wondering).

Yep - that's precisely why we love it. When a mouse beats a tiger, some rejoice with unbounded joy, whilst others thrown themselves into pits of despair at the 'unjustness' of it all. (whilst the rest of us laugh at them)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't believe the tiger is being beaten my a mouse. This competition is ridiculous.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would it be possible for you to stick together a list of the ten finals? I want to see the evolution of the competition

You might want to speak to the unofficial WHC statitician [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]

I can tell you who has won:

Polar bear 3 times(WHC I and II. And i think V)
Saltwater Croc 2 times(last two seasons)
Hippo 1(WHC III or IV I reckon)
Orca 1 (WHC III or IV I reckon...)
Black Mamba 1 (WHC VI I think)
Mantis Shrimp 1(WHC VII)

The croc has been a beaten finalist 3 times, as has the honey badger. Wolverine was the beaten finalist last year. I can't remember the other finalists although i think either the orca or hippo made the final the year after they won it.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Would it be possible for you to stick together a list of the ten finals? I want to see the evolution of the competition

2007 Polar Bear beat Crocodile
2009 Polar Bear beat Lion
2010 Hippo beat Honey Badger
2011 Orca beat Honey Badger
2012 Black Mamba beat Orca
2013 Polar Bear beat Crocodile
2014 Mantis Shrimp, Sepp Blatter and lots of cheating beat Honey Badger
2015 Crocodile beat Hippo
2016 Crocodile beat Wolverine

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Is that right? I've spent the last 8 years thinking it was Polar against croc in that final. I'm going to have to re-do my croc blurb. Lion in the final! How times have changed, he doesn't even get nominated nowadays.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

2012 baffles me

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is that right? I've spent the last 8 years thinking it was Polar against croc in that final. I'm going to have to re-do my croc blurb. Lion in the final! How times have changed, he doesn't even get nominated nowadays.

Sorry you're right - I mistyped.

Croc did Lion 37-24 in the semi that year.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Mouse > Tiger ???

Have I misunderstood the definition of "hardest" as it pertains to this competition?

Or is it a version of "Mornington Crescent"?!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mouse > Tiger ???

Have I misunderstood the definition of "hardest" as it pertains to this competition?

Or is it a version of "Mornington Crescent"?!!

Sounds like you might've misunderstood. It's about pound-for-pound hardness. i.e., a blue whale is nowhere near as hard as a bullet ant, if you think about size to relevant strength.

Also, it's - for many - the opinion that it's harder to go in all guns a-blazin' when the odds are stacked massively against you (i.e. little fella in a pub trying to take on a bunch of blokes) than it is a full grown man kicking a midget in the face (which is what is basically happening for a lot of apex predators when they go after their prey).

Does that make sense?

Sounds like you might've misunderstood. It's about pound-for-pound hardness. i.e., a blue whale is nowhere near as hard as a bullet ant, if you think about size to relevant strength.

Also, it's - for many - the opinion that it's harder to go in all guns a-blazin' when the odds are stacked massively against you (i.e. little fella in a pub trying to take on a bunch of blokes) than it is a full grown man kicking a midget in the face (which is what is basically happening for a lot of apex predators when they go after their prey).

Does that make sense?

Oh give over, a Blue Whale could kill a bullet ant by farting on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh give over, a Blue Whale could kill a bullet ant by farting on it.

Silly. So either it's

A> You genuinely still misunderstand this competition after years and years.

B> You're trolling in an incredibly dull and pointless way.

Either way, cool! :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If some had their way, this would be literally the most boring competition in the world ever, and Human would obviously win every single year. This competition has lasted so long because it's about the personality of the beasts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here