Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battle of Britain Day - Fly past this lunchtime - TUES 15SEP15

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion 8 Rotherham 0

Multiple fly-passes over Shoreham. Needed to be as I mucked up my first shots. At least four attempts in six fly overs turning in arcs so everyone got a view.

BofB_4549sm.jpg

Licence/permission to use this picture in the Albion match preview vs Rotherham if wanted.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some people who like fighter planes etc may like this it's oddly interesting it's a game but has realistic simulators, interesting bits and bobs in the commentary. First one starts about 2min in

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Multiple fly-passes over Shoreham. Needed to be as I mucked up my first shots. At least four attempts in six fly overs turning in arcs so everyone got a view.

View attachment 68527

Licence/permission to use this picture in the Albion match preview vs Rotherham if wanted.

NB: picture is tweaked but real. Photographs taken from the same position on the riverbank in a spell of two minutes and the aircraft are in the correct positions. There were four fly overs so I had a chance to get the picture right. The aircraft flew low over the river and then climbed over the town. Best air display yet. Later there were more flyovers.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for that one, [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

View attachment 68527

Stunning image. Is it 100% real? The planes look like they have been dropped into the background? Apologies in advance for my cynicism - it just looks too good to be true...

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stunning image. Is it 100% real? The planes look like they have been dropped into the background? Apologies in advance for my cynicism - it just looks too good to be true...

Real inasmuch the planes are in the correct position. My camera would not focus at first so I replaced the out of focus pictures of the planes with in focus ones. So real in my book.

Originally I zoomed in too much and missed some of the planes. Deception is the effect of the telephoto lens which makes the planes look bigger and lower than they actually were. Still had to zoom out though. .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bunch have been flying over my office (in Chichester) over the last 20 minutes or so

On the official website they listed all the routes, showed then in map form and said that, and I quote " Live information on the actual time that each Section departs will be posted on the Boultbee Flight Academy Twitter page throughout the day. "

the last Twatter said " 10 Minutes to go " then F all. Very disappointed as I work indoors with no windows and would have been able to nip out for a couple of minutes if I had known a wing were on the way as I work only a 5 minute flight away from Goodwood.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hurricane 1 Spitfire 3

View attachment 68527

QV)
Spitfire F Mk.Ia N3200 (G-CFGJ). Owned by the Mark One Partnership LLC, and based at Duxford Airfield. First post-restoration flight took place on 26 March 2014 at Duxford. Ex 19 Sqn machine, she sports the QV squadron codes she wore when she was shot down on 26 May 1940 in support of the Operation DYNAMO evacuation of Dunkirk with Sqn Ldr Geoffrey Stevenson, 19 Sqn OC, at the controls. She was restored and donated to the Imperial War Museum Duxford by American billionaire and conservationist Thomas Kaplan.

RF-E)
Hurricane Mk XII P3700 (registered G-HURI), Canadian-built Hurricane Mk XII painted in 2015 to represent a Hurricane Mk I RF-E No. 303 Polish Squadron RAF and operated by the Historic Aircraft Collection, Duxford. Cambridgeshire.

JH-C)
Spitfire F Mk.Vb BM597 (G-MKVB). Owned by the Historic Aircraft Collection and based at Duxford. Wears the markings BM597 / JH-C from 317 (Polish) "Wileński" Squadron, which she wore when she flew with the Squadron.

P-FX)
Spitfire HF Mk.IXe TD314 (G-CGYJ). Restored to airworthy condition by the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar and made its first post-restoration flight at Biggin Hill in December 2013. She wears the colours of 234 Sqn as TD314 / FX-P.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have already posted these a while ago, but great anyway.:thumbsup:002.JPGNortholt open day 2014 004.JPGindex1.jpgNortholt open day 2014 005.JPGCapture1.PNG001.JPGNortholt open day 2014 007.JPG

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    795.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Northolt open day 2014 003.JPG
    Northolt open day 2014 003.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports