Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Hughton Out" on Radio 5 Live

The caller has surfaced on Twitter. Spotted him as he responded to Naylor's post calling him a moron

bbc29108009e5691fba6eaf253be56ea.jpg
912e01b0e9b4ffde0f748c3f0f84846e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Evening everyone, that was me on the radio earlier by the way. I initially called in because they were waffling on about this potential European super league nonsense and I wanted to talk about something that had actually happened. You’ve got to say something outlandish or they won’t put you on.

Anyway, much as I admire Hughton and obviously accept that he has done and continues to do a fantastic job I can’t help but feel frustrated when we opt to pass sideways or backwards when we have the opportunity to attack teams on the break. I’m talking about when we’ve been under pressure in our own box and the ball rebounds or gets cleared, ending up at the feet of Bong (if he doesn’t mis-control it) or Knockaert or March or Bissouma and we don’t just... attack. There’s no danger because all their players are in our half, and we’re bursting into theirs but we always slow it down, look sideways and then the opposition regroup and the opportunity is gone. It happened at Newcastle, at home to Wolves and today at Everton.

So, do I want Hughton to ‘step aside’? Not really. Would I like to see him be a little more positive now that we’ve clearly got a great defensive shape and are very tough to break down? Yes. Am I concerned that if we continue to ignore these opportunities to attack on the break we risk not scoring enough goals to keep us in the division? Maybe. And by the way, if we do get relegated it’s not really the end of the world.

So no, I’m not a Palace fan on a wind up and I’m not a kid and nor am I a recently arrived ‘jcl’. I’ve watched us at all four home grounds and up and down the country in all four divisions. The thing is, having got to the premier league and had a bit of a look I think it’s there for us to have a go at and maybe not just settle for the top 17 if Hughton can just release the reins a little bit now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're entitled to your opinion. You haven't taken into consideration Groß mis sing in action due to injury. He was player of the season last year for a very good reason. We are missing his creativity.
You've also shown you know very little about tactics.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I mean yeah it's a silly thing to say.

But Wolves spent a similar amount of money in the transfer window, and I don't think Brighton are capable of the performance I've just seen against Spurs.

I don't want to see us concede three goals, rely on two penalties to score, but still lose.

As much as I disagree with the guys opinion, please let's not turn this into a Jamie thread. Especially against a 10+ year NSC'er.
Not the intention at all. Purely spotted it and thought it would be of interest.

For what it's worth, I hadn't spotted his post on here as i was compiling my post at the time.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Evening everyone, that was me on the radio earlier by the way.
Uh oh.
You’ve got to say something outlandish or they won’t put you on.
Right, so you say something outlandish before they put you own, and then once you're on, you talk sense. I appreciate that may be beyond you.

Anyway, much as I admire Hughton and obviously accept that he has done and continues to do a fantastic job I can’t help but feel frustrated when we opt to pass sideways or backwards when we have the opportunity to attack teams on the break.
We're all frustrated when a potential attack ends early, but it's obviously not because Hughton has told them to stop attacks on purpose is it :facepalm:

I’m talking about when we’ve been under pressure in our own box and the ball rebounds or gets cleared, ending up at the feet of Bong (if he doesn’t mis-control it) or Knockaert or March or Bissouma and we don’t just... attack. There’s no danger because all their players are in our half, and we’re bursting into theirs
Er, if their players are in our half, of course there's a lot of danger. If we lost the ball (as clearly some of their players are between us and their goal), then they're in a perfect position to attack.

but we always slow it down, look sideways and then the opposition regroup and the opportunity is gone. It happened at Newcastle, at home to Wolves and today at Everton.
Probably the players lacking confidence etc.

The thing is, having got to the premier league and had a bit of a look I think it’s there for us to have a go at and maybe not just settle for the top 17 if Hughton can just release the reins a little bit now and again.
Like Huddersfield are doing? Or like we did against Utd?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Evening everyone, that was me on the radio earlier by the way. I initially called in because they were waffling on about this potential European super league nonsense and I wanted to talk about something that had actually happened. You’ve got to say something outlandish or they won’t put you on.

Anyway, much as I admire Hughton and obviously accept that he has done and continues to do a fantastic job I can’t help but feel frustrated when we opt to pass sideways or backwards when we have the opportunity to attack teams on the break. I’m talking about when we’ve been under pressure in our own box and the ball rebounds or gets cleared, ending up at the feet of Bong (if he doesn’t mis-control it) or Knockaert or March or Bissouma and we don’t just... attack. There’s no danger because all their players are in our half, and we’re bursting into theirs but we always slow it down, look sideways and then the opposition regroup and the opportunity is gone. It happened at Newcastle, at home to Wolves and today at Everton.

So, do I want Hughton to ‘step aside’? Not really. Would I like to see him be a little more positive now that we’ve clearly got a great defensive shape and are very tough to break down? Yes. Am I concerned that if we continue to ignore these opportunities to attack on the break we risk not scoring enough goals to keep us in the division? Maybe. And by the way, if we do get relegated it’s not really the end of the world.

So no, I’m not a Palace fan on a wind up and I’m not a kid and nor am I a recently arrived ‘jcl’. I’ve watched us at all four home grounds and up and down the country in all four divisions. The thing is, having got to the premier league and had a bit of a look I think it’s there for us to have a go at and maybe not just settle for the top 17 if Hughton can just release the reins a little bit now and again.

Everyone has an opinion but the more you post the more you are making yourself look an utter cretin. Basically, you wanted to get on the radio so you spouted utter nonsense. I thought you must be a teenager but I guess that must be your mental age!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i'm just saying the general quality of football isn't great for all the money spent in the 18 months of life in the premier league.

If it wasn't for murray, dunk, duffy and ryan things wouldn't look nearly as rosy as they do right now.

And only one of them has been bought in the last 18 months.

efrry%trrr$t%%^£$%%%^^&&&&&*****ththerfcff!!!!!!!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"I just wanted to ask a question whether it's time for Chris Hughton at Brighton to step aside in favour of someone who's a little bit more willing to attack."

...I admire Hughton and obviously accept that he has done and continues to do a fantastic job...So, do I want Hughton to ‘step aside’? Not really.

:facepalm:

Attachments

• attention.jpg
    attention.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 450

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fair play for outing yourself, but you sounded like a complete bell TBH.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As much as I disagree with the guys opinion, please let's not turn this into a Jamie thread. Especially against a 10+ year NSC'er.

If you have admitted to making something up to get on national radio (listened to by millions) it's more than fair that others have the opportunity to respond as long as it doesn't respond to bullying.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If Chris Hughton released the reigns a little bit, it'll be great to watch, as I'm sure our attacking talents would appreciate it.
But as we are BHAFC and not Man City, I'm happy for CH to keep us grounded and in the PL.
As has been mentioned before, you're entitled to your opinion.
But FFS have faith :thumbsup:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If you have admitted to making something up to get on national radio (listened to by millions) it's more than fair that others have the opportunity to respond as long as it doesn't respond to bullying.

No disagreement there.
I was talking about the quasi-doxxing.

But the guy put himself (and his name) out there on Twitter, so :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How did someone who is complaining about us in the premier league make it through watching us Withdean!?

Most successful period of our history

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We are actually currently averaging more goals a game than we averaged over last season.

We are three places higher in the league than we finished last season.

We have just won three games in a row in the top league for the first time since the early eighties.

Our success has not been founded upon out attacking teams. We are organised, resilient and hard to break down and have been ever since Chris Hughton instilled this approach to stop us from getting relegated from the Championship in his first season.

We won three matches in October in the Premier League. Do you remember when we never used to win in October? Which manager stopped that?

Despite a nomination for manager of the month and two players up for player of the month, Hughton has made it clear in interviews that he is not satisfied that the team is reaching the levels that they are capable of.

Players have said repeatedly that one of Hughton's great strengths is that he does not react to the highs and lows of football results. He focuses on the next target.

We are missing Gross and Propper. Following injury, Izquierdo is playing his way into form in the same way he did when he joined last year. The new signings are going through the same acclimatising process that Izquierdo went through last year.

Seven of our eleven games have been against teams who sit above us in the league; six against the top half and four against the big six. We have not lost to anyone currently below us.

Our top striker is one behind the division's leading goalscorer.

Hughton's approach has led to a Brighton player being called up to the England squad for the first time in more than three decades.

We are currently one place above where Newcastle were when Mike Ashley sacked Chris Hughton in 2010: a decision rightly derided by most people in football as utterly disrespectful, hubristic and short-termist.

We have a manager who is committed, decent, honourable, knowledgeable, realistic, hard working and successful and, as fans we would do well to reflect his attitude to football. Doing so would keep us grounded enough to never feel the need to ring a football phone-in show.

Everyone should have stopped listening to 606 the moment #prodnose was sacked. His concept of a programme celebrating the shared joyous madness and pointlessness of football obsession has become completely corrupted and is now nothing more than a forum for amateur and professional partisan bores to share opinions that their friends and families have become tired of hearing.

Other than that, carry on...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here