Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great. Blimey they look a bit good don't they. This should be fun.

I'm staying well out of that one, when the lowest ranked player is on 1700+ you know it's not going to end well.

Can't we play a team that's not full of grandmasters?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll be setting up another v someone else, but will cap the ratings around 1300 so as to give our lower ranked players, such as myself, a shot.

I'm staying well out of that one, when the lowest ranked player is on 1700+ you know it's not going to end well.

Can't we play a team that's not full of grandmasters?

That's what Pickles is doing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Russians are coming! It’s just kicked off.

I’m playing a 57 year old Russian called Sergei who is going to whip my arse. Incredible.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Hi, you all, I'm roasting-chessnuts. Had some good games including a very lucky escape in one and lost the other to PawnStasher (the Dark Horse). I've just clocked who my oponent is against the Russians - with a grade of 2050 he/she might be Kasparov.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I’m having terrible trouble navigating the chess.com site on safari. Keep having to come back to the links on this thread to find the tournaments. Maybe I’m just a bit dim.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The Russians are coming! It’s just kicked off.

I’m playing a 57 year old Russian called Sergei who is going to whip my arse. Incredible.

Battleman here! I think I'm playing the genetically cloned love child of Kasparov and Bobby Fischer. Here's his welcoming comments....
Black bears rarely attack. But here's the thing. Sometimes they do. All bears are agile, cunning and immensely strong, and they are always hungry. If they want to kill you and eat you, they can, and pretty much whenever they want. That doesn't happen often, but - and here is the absolutely salient point - once would be enough".
He's about 650 points higher ranked and plays loads of tournaments. Need to summon up some Churchillian spirit in this one!!

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I’m having terrible trouble navigating the chess.com site on safari. Keep having to come back to the links on this thread to find the tournaments. Maybe I’m just a bit dim.

No I don't think its that your dim. It might be your browser, For some reason I have found that Firefox is the best browser for chess.com. When I started out I had problems trying to use Chess.com in Outlook or microsoft Edge and Firefox was recommended.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Chess.com is like any website in that you get the best out of it on a pc / laptop, very much like North stand chat.

However, I use the app during the day, which is great and FREE!

It's available on android and the fruity bozza thing :rock:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I have only just discovered the Conditional Moves facility, whilst waiting for a reply.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Battleman here! I think I'm playing the genetically cloned love child of Kasparov and Bobby Fischer. Here's his welcoming comments....
Black bears rarely attack. But here's the thing. Sometimes they do. All bears are agile, cunning and immensely strong, and they are always hungry. If they want to kill you and eat you, they can, and pretty much whenever they want. That doesn't happen often, but - and here is the absolutely salient point - once would be enough".
He's about 650 points higher ranked and plays loads of tournaments. Need to summon up some Churchillian spirit in this one!!

Flippin eck. I haven't communicated with Sergei yet. I may give it a go, although seeing as their president was talking about nuking us all yesterday it might not go well.

I'm already losing in one, holding my own in the other. They are scarily aggressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here