Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small minority of idiots in our support today

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe bring them to the attention of PC Darren B. - he might be able to monitor and have a word.

I'm sure he would have a word, I'm actually very surprised he hasn't banned them all if they are such ' hooligans ' :rolleyes:

Point is he managed to get some Albion fans a banning order for something that didn't happen at an Albion game ( Euro 16 )
And for something that didn't actually happen at all in France, some have pointed out.
I'm sure if this group are actually as bad as they are being made out to be, he would have noticed them.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
And for the last time, already done because I agree with you completely.

Apologies, i jumped in mid thread so may ave missed other posts,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just like you then, you tedious old bore.

I didn't call you a tedious old bore. Just clueless. And I doubt that you are like me at all. :shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can understand people annoying you is, well, annoying, and we all should be considerate of others, but I don't really understand complaints about foul language, particularly on the basis that kids are present. Fair enough if you picked seats at home in the Family stand, but anywhere else, it is going to happen, and when we play as bad as that, happen a lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sure he would have a word, I'm actually very surprised he hasn't banned them all if they are such ' hooligans ' :rolleyes:

Point is he managed to get some Albion fans a banning order for something that didn't happen at an Albion game ( Euro 16 )
And for something that didn't actually happen at all in France, some have pointed out.
I'm sure if this group are actually as bad as they are being made out to be, he would have noticed them.

They were acting like tits (we all have), but not doing anything that would justify a ban, no way. All they needed was a little bit more consideration of those nearby - if they were in a block full of like-minded people it would have been ok.........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They were acting like tits (we all have), but not doing anything that would justify a ban, no way. All they needed was a little bit more consideration of those nearby - if they were in a block full of like-minded people it would have been ok.........

Fair points.
This is one of the problems with allocated seating when all the tickets are sold out. It's difficult to move away from people you may not want to sit next to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can understand people annoying you is, well, annoying, and we all should be considerate of others, but I don't really understand complaints about foul language, particularly on the basis that kids are present. Fair enough if you picked seats at home in the Family stand, but anywhere else, it is going to happen, and when we play as bad as that, happen a lot.

I haven’t complained about bad language. Or I’d be complaining about myself every five minutes!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I read that as more of a moan about being overly abusive towards the players after less than one game, not the actual choice of words used..........

I read it like he was complaining about the lads behind him using bad language, obviously not the ' Dolly ' bit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The OP had every right to come on here and raise the issue but should have made it clear at that time that he had reported it through the proper channels and that would have eliminated about half the posts on here.

As for the photos, no one is going to get banned on the basis of the photo on social media however it could be used to identify them in combination with the OP seat number and video footage from Watford.

I doubt nobody really minds a few getting a bit pissed up at away games but but it goes too far when your behaviour severely impacts on the enjoyment of fellow Brighton fans. People will start to compare you with the hooded kiddies up the road.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Hopefully the upshot of this thread is that someone has had a word with the group and that any offenders amongst them will take stock, have some consideration for those around them and moderate their behaviour accordingly - if they don't, hopefully they will get their comeuppance via stewards and/or PC DB.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Sadly had to put up with some real idiots behind us today. From minute one they were calling all our players various abusive names. March = Dolly. Knockaert= C?&t etc.

Then they repeatedly kept “accidentally” hitting me, my wife and other members of our group across the back of the head in their drunken enthusiasm. At half time I wasn’t having it anymore and told them so. Second half they appeared to calm down but then did the same to a lady sitting to our right whose husband had to do the same.

It was totally unacceptable. Young drunk idiots who can’t handle their beer. What’s the point? Left sometime before the final whistle. Why do you go? Seriously why? You could go and drink down the pub and have as much fun and it would be cheaper. Why bother.

There were about 9 of them in about 6 seats which didn’t help I expect.

I’m sure I’ve seen them or similar at matches last season. Total arrogant behaviour with no respect for anyone else.

After the game my daughter also told me they were spitting on me during the second half but she didn’t want to tell me as she didn’t want me to start any trouble.

Pure scum. Should not be welcome at our club.

I hope they read this later and feel ashamed. I doubt they will care though. Actually I doubt they can read.

I started going to away games in 1990. This post could have been from any year since then.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Hopefully the upshot of this thread is that someone has had a word with the group and that any offenders amongst them will take stock, have some consideration for those around them and moderate their behaviour accordingly - if they don't, hopefully they will get their comeuppance via stewards and/or PC DB.

They may well be members of NSC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The OP had every right to come on here and raise the issue but should have made it clear at that time that he had reported it through the proper channels and that would have eliminated about half the posts on here.

As for the photos, no one is going to get banned on the basis of the photo on social media however it could be used to identify them in combination with the OP seat number and video footage from Watford.

I doubt nobody really minds a few getting a bit pissed up at away games but but it goes too far when your behaviour severely impacts on the enjoyment of fellow Brighton fans. People will start to compare you with the hooded kiddies up the road.

Good post. It wasn't clear at first that the OP had reported it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here