Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Believe me I do not like the Tory's at all after that wonderful woman call Margaret. Trouble is May has the mantle to get the best deal she can. So we need to get behind the negotiating team and stop undermining them at every turn. I've negotiated pay rises and the last thing we wanted was anybody stepping out of line as it weakens whatever position you hold

You still seem to naively think this is some sort of poker game. Since that day after the referendum Us and the EU have had our cards face up on the table.

No amount of optimism or pessimism is going to change that. It's a narrative, not a negotiation.

Tell me which option we should all get behind to back her, Max Fac or our own special customs union, both of which cannot be implemented in the timescales and the EU have already said no to :facepalm:

FFS We are incapable of even getting to the negotiating table, and I have to put up with morons telling me that we should 'get behind them', 'get on with it' or threaten them with 'no deal'

And breathe.....

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Btw do you believe in climate change (man made) ?

Not a matter of belief it's a matter of what the scientific consensus is. So yes I think there is a man-made element to climate change. I am wary of governments exploiting the issue for tax raising purposes though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I see May is doing a great job at making the financially illiterate, the Labour Party, look quite competent. Another reason to shun the Tories as a party of self interest and a party for the elite

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see May is doing a great job at making the financially illiterate, the Labour Party, look quite competent. Another reason to shun the Tories as a party of self interest and a party for the elite

The sooner people realise the Tory Party are nothing more than the political arm of the elite, the better. They are simply the elite's representative in the political world, another tentacle serving the 1%.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The sooner people realise the Tory Party are nothing more than the political arm of the elite, the better. They are simply the elite's representative in the political world, another tentacle serving the 1%.

though as pointed out in recent pages, the "elite" are generally in favour of remaining. and isnt the matter refered to spending on health, for the benefit of everyone? im confused. :mad:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You still seem to naively think this is some sort of poker game. Since that day after the referendum Us and the EU have had our cards face up on the table.

No amount of optimism or pessimism is going to change that. It's a narrative, not a negotiation.

Tell me which option we should all get behind to back her, Max Fac or our own special customs union, both of which cannot be implemented in the timescales and the EU have already said no to :facepalm:

FFS We are incapable of even getting to the negotiating table, and I have to put up with morons telling me that we should 'get behind them', 'get on with it' or threaten them with 'no deal'

And breathe.....

One of these days you are going to wake up with a massive slap to the face that your "brexit wont happen" stance is a fantasy, even if you do keep repeating it to yourself.
We are leaving the European Union.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tweet tweet you're a bit slow.It's 2018.

Er ...

"Paul Johnson
@PJTheEconomist
Follow Follow @PJTheEconomist
More
Extra spending can't be funded by Brexit dividend.

1) Govt has accepted Brexit will *weaken* public finances by £15bn pa

2) Financial settlement with EU plus commitments to replace EU funding already uses up all of our EU contributions in 2022

There is no Brexit dividend

8:54 AM - 17 Jun 2018"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
One of these days you are going to wake up with a massive slap to the face that your "brexit wont happen" stance is a fantasy, even if you do keep repeating it to yourself.
We are leaving the European Union.

Still imagining that you've read things that aren't there I see. Can you not see that this is one of the reasons people think you're a Fantasist ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Still imagining that you've read things that aren't there I see. Can you not see that this is one of the reasons people think you're a Fantasist ?

Ummm we are leaving the European Union and you have said no we wont , brexit wont happen,whats fantasy about that?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er ...

"Paul Johnson
@PJTheEconomist
Follow Follow @PJTheEconomist
More
Extra spending can't be funded by Brexit dividend.

1) Govt has accepted Brexit will *weaken* public finances by £15bn pa

2) Financial settlement with EU plus commitments to replace EU funding already uses up all of our EU contributions in 2022

There is no Brexit dividend

8:54 AM - 17 Jun 2018"

Er
the post I replied to was not the one you are twattering about and said 2017
Er,indeed!

idiot2.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's getting closer to 'no deal' time,So we 'should get behind them' and 'get on with it',even the deep-breathing morons!:lolol::bigwave:
Here's the latest timetable,not long now,tick-tock!

not long.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
[tweet]1008261340505534465[/tweet]

I mean you could find a quote from someone in a position like the Direct of the IFS stating some figures on this Brexit dividend if you wanted?

I prefer this fine example of an economist at work.

economist.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's getting closer to 'no deal' time,So we 'should get behind them' and 'get on with it',even the deep-breathing morons!:lolol::bigwave:
Here's the latest timetable,not long now,tick-tock!

View attachment 97830

You do realise that in order to get 'no deal' you have to build borders, customs posts, import/export systems and implement WTO rules and tariffs in the next 9 months ? You can't fall into it, you moron.

Every tick and every tock with no progress on any front is simply getting us closer and closer to yet more extensions of membership on worse terms :facepalm:

Are you the account [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] uses when he doesn't want to appear TOO stupid :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
though as pointed out in recent pages, the "elite" are generally in favour of remaining. and isnt the matter refered to spending on health, for the benefit of everyone? im confused. :mad:

The Tories are in favour of staying too, they just have a weak leader who won't stand up and fix the problem. You're confused? You don't need to make that statement, I automatically assume you are permanently bewildered.

The second sentence of your post is written too poorly for me to understand.

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Thanks for that Mikey. Maybe a few apologies from the more vocal remainers wouldn't be amiss on this point. I doubt I'll receive any though

You're welcome. The intransigence, from both side, on this subject is boring the tits off me - That's probably a bit hypocritical and as I'm sure I've joined in a bit in the past. I do hate the idea of brexit but not everything bad that happens is because of it and there must be something good that will come out of it. Likewise, brexiteers must admit that there will be significant downsides as well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You do realise that in order to get 'no deal' you have to build borders, customs posts, import/export systems and implement WTO rules and tariffs in the next 9 months ? You can't fall into it, you moron.

Every tick and every tock with no progress on any front is simply getting us closer and closer to yet more extensions of membership on worse terms :facepalm:

Are you the account [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] uses when he doesn't want to appear TOO stupid :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Bit of a Fantasist moron aren't you.Where have I said fall into it?take a holiday,sounds like you need one!:lolol:
Ppf is just too intelligent for someone with your lack of intellect to understand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here