Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not with this no. If we have injuries stack up and Akpom is our answer I will be fearful personally.

I'm sure i'll be shot down though and people who haven't actually watched him play will conclude i'm after a 10m BLOCKBUSTER or something ridiculous.

There are better loans to be had and it wouldn't surprise me if this one was lower down on the list. That said, as soon as I see him in the stripes he will be backed fully.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought we all agreed it was Stuani's goal against us at the Amex that won them promotion, as we'd have gone up if he missed and it remained 0-2. :jester:

It wasn't. It was the Boro keeper's fluky save in the second half of the Amex game.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Probably not top of the list, but time is running out, Personally neither delighted or disappointed as I don't know enough about him, but I do know it was essential to get another forward in, and he has experience of playing at the top of the Championship. Hope he does well, and helps us get over the line. He will get my full support as long as he is in the stripes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Probably not top of the list, but time is running out, Personally neither delighted or disappointed as I don't know enough about him, but I do know it was essential to get another forward in, and he has experience of playing at the top of the Championship. Hope he does well, and helps us get over the line. He will get my full support as long as he is in the stripes.

Let's make sure we have got him first.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
'Hopefully' we will be reliant on Akpom to play only 20 minutes for us, but those 20 minutes will be the deciding factor? Are you a sadist?! :lol:

Sorry didnt make it clear hopefully SB will be fit enough to play every game and should CH decide to sub him, as he usually does, it will be a like for like type player rather than a midfielder and heap pressure on the defence for the last 20 mins.

theboybilly

I was on the Hull Fans FB page for most of last season and they all seemed to question Akpom's attitude. Whether he will take to life on the bench is questionable as he didn't seem to like being amongst the substitutes at the KC. I think he even threw a strop at one point which ended up with Bruce coming down on hime like a ton of bricks. That said, Bruce wants him again it seems so he must have impressed him somehow

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Really? That important?
The squad we have at present has got us to a pretty good position.

I assume you were just talking tongue in cheek, but if you were serious (saying "if he is rubbish we will be in the playoffs"), you're not being realistic. If we don't bring in anyone we will still probably be promoted. Obviously we hope we bring in someone decent to further improve our chances.

He has been brought in to cover for unforeseen injuries. Yes/No?

IF those unforeseen injuries happen and include either Murray or Hemmed on top of Baldock who is out now, and he is rubbish, it is quite likely we could slip. If on the other hand he is very good then he can take us over the line.

I’m not sure what the problem is because this signing is about covering injuries not the quality of the team.

Do you really think I am saying that we will be in the playoffs if he doesn’t work out, and implying what we have isn’t good enough for promotion? :mad:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
He has been brought in to cover for unforeseen injuries. Yes/No?

IF those unforeseen injuries happen and include either Murray or Hemmed on top of Baldock who is out now, and he is rubbish, it is quite likely we could slip. If on the other hand he is very good then he can take us over the line.

I’m not sure what the problem is because this signing is about covering injuries not the quality of the team.

Do you really think I am saying that we will be in the playoffs if he doesn’t work out, and implying what we have isn’t good enough for promotion? :mad:

That is what you said in your OP.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Sorry didnt make it clear hopefully SB will be fit enough to play every game and should CH decide to sub him, as he usually does, it will be a like for like type player rather than a midfielder and heap pressure on the defence for the last 20 mins.

I was just being facetious really, but yes that would be a decent scenario. I hope we don't actually need Chuba, although he probably won't be happy about it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was on the Hull Fans FB page for most of last season and they all seemed to question Akpom's attitude. Whether he will take to life on the bench is questionable as he didn't seem to like being amongst the substitutes at the KC. I think he even threw a strop at one point which ended up with Bruce coming down on hime like a ton of bricks. That said, Bruce wants him again it seems so he must have impressed him somehow

I wouldn't necessarily mind that. There would be something wrong for a player to be actually HAPPY to perpetually keep the bench warm. Sam Baldock, or whoever he is playing second fiddle to, need to know that he is pushing him for his place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still don't get why people go on about 'cover.' No-one is guaranteed a starting place in the side, every player should be competing for a starting position, every week. Akpom will be pushing to ensure he is starting over Baldock.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still don't get why people go on about 'cover.' No-one is guaranteed a starting place in the side, every player should be competing for a starting position, every week. Akpom will be pushing to ensure he is starting over Baldock.

Would you disrupt the team then?

Surely the person in possession of the shirt has to be displaced, on that basis he is cover, though of course should be pushing Baldock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes, and if he wasn't I'm not sure I'd want him at the club. Moreover hopefully the more Akpom pushes them, the better the likes of Baldock, Murray, and Hemed, will perform

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here