Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why should the club bother ?

Because they are making additional margin on the ticket
They are getting a punter through the gate who will (hopefully) spend a bit as well on the day
They are potentially getting someone there who could "get the bug" and start going regularly
They are filling what would have been an empty seat
They are keeping hold of STH's who may not want to commit any more if they might not be able to make *every* game

Look, I'm not particularly arsed about getting money back on the occasions I can't use my season ticket, as it IS pretty rare. I'll just pass it on to a mate for nothing, or for a couple of beers, as I'd rather it was used, and I'd rather it was used be someone I know because I can't be bothered with the FAFF of selling it on to a stranger. I'm not AFTER a refund.

But wouldn't it make sense for a simple system to be in place for STH's who perhaps quite often can't make games ? Circumstances can change during a season. Its not about getting the money back so much, its more about getting that seat filled - which at the moment, the club seem to be making as difficult as possible.

Plus the fact - aren't we all supposed to be CUSTOMERS these days ? Or is that only when it suits.

Yep, all very sensible arguments and I know for most people it isn't really an issue as, like you, they will go to most games anyway. There is though a balance the club needs to strike between helping season ticket holders pass on the occasional ticket and dealing with people who see a season ticket as an option to go to some games and pass on their ticket for the others. There comes a point with the latter group where it hardly resembles a normal season ticket arrangement but rather an unofficial (and non security checked) ticket exchange for a particular seat. In dealing with the second group the club will inevitably step on the toes of the first group so this is the reason I'm saying let's not shout injustice too readily.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think that (largely thanks to this thread :dunce: ), officially at least, such an option does not exist.

Hope to be corrected.
This thread hasn't actually changed anything for anyone aside a tiny number of people who knew about the Print At Home email option or who, for reasons unclear, used to pay £5 to get a paper ticket from the club for their friend rather than just lend them the ST card...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was just an example of photo ID. A lot of younger people do carry their passport for ID.
Seriously ? Most people always carry a photo id ?

Forget your season ticket, but always happen to have photo id with you come what may ?

I must be the odd one out. I only carry photo id when I expect to use it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

More aggro for the ticket staff when it kicks off, which of course it will.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously ? Most people always carry a photo id ?

Forget your season ticket, but always happen to have photo id with you come what may ?

I must be the odd one out. I only carry photo id when I expect to use it.

I carry my driving licence with me, yes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not entirely sure why the club just can't stick a chip in the neck of each fan, like dogs have. Or take a blood sample. A retina scan, maybe.

It would negate the need for all this ID nonsense.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We could all supply a phial of SPERM. This will allow DNA testing to ensure the right people are in the right seats but more importantly, could enable the club to CLONE everyone so if they don't turn up, the duplicate STH can be brought out and PLONKED in their seat anyway.

This would also solve the issue over the pretendance.

:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not entirely sure why the club just can't stick a chip in the neck of each fan, like dogs have. Or take a blood sample. A retina scan, maybe.

Useful too for alzheimer sufferers who wonder off in the night.......perhaps they could be BHA branded microchips, the club could get a 15% mark up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Or they stick your photo on your season ticket and that gets checked everytime you go in!!!!1

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Useful too for alzheimer sufferers who wonder off in the night.......perhaps they could be BHA branded microchips, the club could get a 15% mark up.

You mean like this chap ?

In the same wallet I left at home, which incidentally has my cash in, and my cards.

Sorry [MENTION=16842]Hillian[/MENTION] 1, couldn't resist..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I have to go to the trouble of carrying photo id to the Amex in case I forget my season ticket.... well I'm pretty sure instead of picking out the id to take, I'd just take.... my season ticket.

[emoji38]ol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here