Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
What's stopping him is probably the fact that he loves his country and wants it to be a great and prosperous place to live. Unlike scum such as Boris who couldn't give a toss about anything but himself and screw Britain.
oh DO BEHAVE!!! , if he loved his country he would getting behind BREXIT not putting the country down at every chance he gets ........... COMEDY GENIUS :lolol:
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, Dr. Liam Fox GP needs to invite him round to strike a comprehensive free-trade deal with La Paz instead. :thumbsup:

Doesn't need to.Canning House,and others,have been quite busy since they thought we might leave.:thumbsup:

canning.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
oh DO BEHAVE!!! , if he loved his country he would getting behind BREXIT not putting the country down at every chance he gets ........... COMEDY GENIUS :lolol:
regards
DR

That was the reply I had predicted. :lolol:

He's putting the morons in charge down, not the country.

But you know that anyway. :dunce: :fishing:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
What's stopping him is probably the fact that he loves his country and wants it to be a great and prosperous place to live. Unlike scum such as Boris who couldn't give a toss about anything but himself and screw Britain.

Sure he does, more like he's a bad loser and can not bare the thought of a prosperous Britain for that would only prove his theory wrong.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes the usual language, if you don't like Brexit f..off. Actually even I did want to leave and say go and live in France it wouldn't be as straight forward now, or for my kids to work or study in the future. As EU Citizens options are getting taking away from us

Boris would have been sacked for the Telegraph article but May's government is so weak she had no option but to keep them on.

Brexit is a huge risk with massive downside if it all goes wrong that will hurt all but the rich.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Yes the usual language, if you don't like Brexit f..off. Actually even I did want to leave and say go and live in France it wouldn't be as straight forward now, or for my kids to work or study in the future. As EU Citizens options are getting taking away from us

Boris would have been sacked for the Telegraph article but May's government is so weak she had no option but to keep them on.

Brexit is a huge risk with massive downside if it all goes wrong that will hurt all but the rich.

You are worrying over nothing, What options are being taken away from you, long before we joined this soppy club brits were free to work and settle abroad, whats so different now that they cant.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I see people against Brexit are still just bad losers who don't love their country.. It's almost like the same folk didn't whine about the EU for the last 40 years.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
they are not protecting the interests of their members. they are protecting political objectives.

be rational about it. consider say the air travel situation, it is claimed that if no agreement is reached, UK operators will lose thier license to fly over Europe. what affect will that have on tourism in the Mediterranean members? it may follow that European carriers would be barred from flying over UK, so all their transatlantic traffic would have to take substantial detours, adding fuel cost and time. so in reality its in the interest of both parties to sort out a sensible agreement. this sort of analysis can be applied to any policy area, they hurt us they hurt themselves. i wouldn't for a moment say "they need us more than we need them" but the fact is Europeans, not the EU politicians, would be worse off with a poor or no deal scenario, than with an amicable one.

Yes, it is in the interests of both parties to reach an agreement, but there is no indication that this will happen before exit day, or that even having the bespoke transitional arrangement, as is supposedly being aimed for, the EU would need to know what we intend to transition to, before agreeing to that.
For me the answer is to get an extension to the timetable and retain membership for a while longer, or have a period in EFTA. This though is likely to incur claims of selling out from the more ardent Brexiteers, who still think we can just walk away and everything will be fine.
How would the leavers here feel about extending the deadline, or moving to a Norway type arrangement whilst negotiations continue?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ultimately it is in the interests of both sides to get a deal BUT we need it much more. It appears people have seen through this "we have a trade deficit with the EU" crap and realised that we are what c10% of their trade while they are almost half of ours. So at an absolute level they sell us more but as a relative proportion of their trade it is tiny compared to ours. Therefore a deal matters more to us AND the EU has the added incentive of not wanting it to be too good so they discourage others from leaving. Many of us said this all along and maybe more are realising. Whether we like it or not they are holding the aces here.

D

Deleted member 22389

People move all over the world. Are they going to stop you buying property in France because we are no longer members of the EU then? If you do get to France, make sure you learn the language. You won't find documents translated in to 20 different languages like you do here. You have to integrate, not like here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are worrying over nothing, What options are being taken away from you, long before we joined this soppy club brits were free to work and settle abroad, whats so different now that they cant.

No they weren't. This tiresome argument has been done to death on this thread already. So either you're ingnorant, stupid or willfully ignoring the facts. Or maybe we have a very different interpretation of what "free" means. Which is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People move all over the world. Are they going to stop you buying property in France because we are no longer members of the EU then?

See above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here