Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling Match tickets online

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Hi

Can someone tell me what is the rule with selling tickets online via Brighton message/FB/Twiter etc and does this apply to 1901 tickets as well ?, as they are transferable ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1901 tickets can be transferred any time you like to another person.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think u wrong there re 1901!

Apparently so:

Under the terms and conditions of your 1901 Club licence your card is transferable to family, friends, colleagues or clients. This service is only accessible to 1901 Club members and does not involve any financial transfer.

There are two ways members can transfer their cards – by passing them over prior to the match or by using the ticket transfer tool on this site https://bhafc.fgb-myaccount.com/login/loginbrighton.aspx. For security reasons, and to avoid the difficulties of getting cards returned from guests, it is recommended that the member should keep hold of the card and use the portal to transfer your ticket(s).

Log-in to the fan portal and use your Fan Number and password to transfer and forward seats by email. Once it is accepted, and e-tickets are printed, the card will be blocked for entry. This will allow others to use the e-ticket to gain access without the member having to be there or pass on their card(s) and lanyard(s). This system will allow others to print tickets from anywhere which has access to the internet.

This e-ticket takes the place of the 1901 Club smartcard and can be scanned upon arrival to allow entry to the stadium and 1901 Club facilities.

https://www.the1901club.co.uk/faq

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just for total clarity: the July 2017 updated 1901 T&C's now specifically state that while a 1901 member can transfer their ticket for a particular game to someone else, no financial transaction or benefit in kind of any description can take place (clause 8.2 (a) ).

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
If it's a STH you shouldn't be selling it IMO.

I've not once taken money in exchange for my ST that i cannot use for a certain game, i've always loaned it to mates/family friends who are Brighton fans only. You commit to the ST when you buy it, if you can't go that's your problem. Shouldn't be charging someone for it. It would just go unused anyway!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hi

Can someone tell me what is the rule with selling tickets online via Brighton message/FB/Twiter etc and does this apply to 1901 tickets as well ?, as they are transferable ?
I don't think there is any ticket you are allowed to sell online - via fb, twitter or any other site.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Only people on here wet themselves over selling tickets last two aways I've picked up tickets online from fellow fans unable to go etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only people on here wet themselves over selling tickets last two aways I've picked up tickets online from fellow fans unable to go etc.

With respect and not jumping down your throat?
I think advertising the fact is a tad naive as Albion agents do read this sort of thing :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Well done, but then like bootleg records, buying is not illegal, but selling is.

There is also the issue, that most of NSC posters do not want to send Bozza to jail by advertising tickets for sale, and (importantly) will either have enough loyalty points to buy their own ticket, or accept the position of missing out,

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If it's a STH you shouldn't be selling it IMO.

I've not once taken money in exchange for my ST that i cannot use for a certain game, i've always loaned it to mates/family friends who are Brighton fans only. You commit to the ST when you buy it, if you can't go that's your problem. Shouldn't be charging someone for it. It would just go unused anyway!

Not disagreeing in the slightest...but Barber's latest missive (in the letter sending out the STs) threatened fire and brimstone on anybody who gave their ticket to anyone (other than on family list) even if there was no consideration.

So if you hand your ticket over to the guy who sits next to you at work and Barber finds out, you risk your ST being taken away.

Why Barber would rather have empty seats, rather than a replacement bum on the seat spending money on pies, ales, club shop etc., remains one of the great mysteries of our time.

Aug 5, 2015
Just for total clarity: the July 2017 updated 1901 T&C's now specifically state that while a 1901 member can transfer their ticket for a particular game to someone else, no financial transaction or benefit in kind of any description can take place (clause 8.2 (a) ).

I dont really understand what is the point of a contract with the club is when they can change T&Cs to suit themselves, it appears to be just a one sided commitment, cant be legal can it?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I dont really understand what is the point of a contract with the club is when they can change T&Cs to suit themselves, it appears to be just a one sided commitment, cant be legal can it?

It is irritating that the club has changed the T&Cs of 1901 membership just about every season, and just about always to the detriment of members. It does feel somewhat penny pinching and even disingenuous. However, contractually, they've always been able to change whatever terms they want, whenever they want.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here