Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Parking Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's been a couple of years since I had to go there but I do remember towards the end, parking got a lot better. Around the time they brought in the disc system to stop selfish people using it for other purposes. Highly visible wardens IIRC. Sounds like it is still working.

It does but must admit I thought that it was 4 hours as per most MSDC car parks but then I am never there longer than 1 hour So my suggestion was a waste of time.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
if you don't mind a walk from one end of south road to the other there is free unrestricted street parking along Gower Road and off Caxton Way and its surrounding roads.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
if you don't mind a walk from one end of south road to the other there is free unrestricted street parking along Gower Road and off Caxton Way and its surrounding roads.

Or down the bottom end of the cul de sacs off Bolnore Road. I occasionally find a space around Muster Green too, though I imagine those ones are time-restricted.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately parking controls and charges are needed otherwise the commuters would take all the spaces and cars would bloke the shopping and resident parking for locals. The problem we have two many cars on the roads and public transport is to expensive.
However town parking is lot cheaper in Mid Sussex than Brighton.
If you are popping into the town you can still find free parking for a quick visit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I dont think that parking should be charged and should be provided free and as such go out of my way to avoid paying for it.

I admire your thriftiness but 'free parking' everywhere would bring great cities like Brighton to total gridlock! Bonkers on every level.

Also, how do you think your free bus pass is subsidised? Yes, through on street car parking charges.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not sure if someone else has stated this but the new station car park has never been close to capacity. Trust me, you will always get a space it may just be on the higher levels.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Be careful for how long you park in Boltro Road. I walked down at lunchtime and they were having a blitz on penalty fines handed out with several cars caught. Obviously a jobsworth in a foul mood this morning. Muster Green is always for the early risers and renowned as the golden (half) mile.

I don't want to say whereabouts I live in Haywards Heath but there's some really selfish drivers who expect parking free with no thought for the residents, who can't see other vehicles coming up or down when they go out. The council is finally going to sort it out. I'm not a driver but compared to train fares, petrol is relatively cheap so parking goes with the territory (pardon the pun). :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure if someone else has stated this but the new station car park has never been close to capacity. Trust me, you will always get a space it may just be on the higher levels.

Thank you. It was only a concern because on the odd occasion I'm unlucky enough to have to go to London on the train for work it appears packed but you can't see the upper levels from the train ! Mrs W has to be at work by 9 so I assuming it will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here