Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, you'd think, wouldn't you? Given that we were due to have a work permit meeting today!!!

But you stated as fact that it had been completed days ago, which is somewhat different from "I would have thought the medical had been completed days ago".

And it was only 4 days ago that the club said: "The 21-year-old striker has also agreed personal terms with the club and is now awaiting clearance to travel to the UK for his medical."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hate to say it, but I agree the money in football now, clubs will add £5mill due to our need for a striker
But that doesn't make sense. They may want £5m more, but they won't get it. So either they accept the same figure they were previously going to accept, or they cut off their nose to spite their face.

It's not like there's only one striker in the world we can go for.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Niasse on loan and up the bid by £3m for Zohore! Simples...

Looks like we'd need to up our bid by about £20 million to land Zohore! Warnock said today that it would take a bid of c£30million to get him out of Cardiff :laugh:

He must be getting senile in his old age Shirley.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
But that doesn't make sense. They may want £5m more, but they won't get it. So either they accept the same figure they were previously going to accept, or they cut off their nose to spite their face.

It's not like there's only one striker in the world we can go for.

Are you doing our transfer negotiations by any chance? Might explained why we're still in the hunt for a couple of strikers with tactics like that :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be honest you'd spunk your load if we got Crouch. He ticks all of your has/never really was-been boxes.

No no and no, we need strikers that can move and have played a bit of football in the last 2 years !

What a loads of rubbish he has proved his worth to many clubs and even scored 7 goals for Stoke last season which is more than we look like scoring in total this season as things stand. He would score goals if given the crosses from out wide. I would take him on a 1 year contract.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What a loads of rubbish he has proved his worth to many clubs and even scored 7 goals for Stoke last season which is more than we look like scoring in total this season as things stand. He would score goals if given the crosses from out wide. I would take him on a 1 year contract.

But is he better than Matt Derbyshire?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Better to know now than later

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

Abbey Clancy.. it's a yes from me :love:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
....Or spend no money on transfer fees and get Ings and Long on loan and pay wages with clause that if you get injured ( and Ings will) you go back to parent club. Hemed and Murray stay or sell Hemed and blow everything on Andy Carroll. I think I'm going mad...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Transfer failed let's just move the f**k on, we're a small fish in a very very expensive pond and we just can't compete. Man up face it, and get a grip! :shrug:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Better to know now than later

This. I got diagnosed with a heart condition at 17, wasn't caught by my GP but the nurse who lived over the road from my parents house.

Her catching it saved me some tough times so I'm personally glad that this has been identified for him early. Success is pretty hollow if it comes at the expense of humanity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Transfer failed let's just move the f**k on, we're a small fish in a very very expensive pond and we just can't compete. Man up face it, and get a grip! :shrug:

No way this is yet another highlight in a summer of NSC highlights.

Only Newcastle and palace can match us for 'lively' messageboards.
I don't imagine Huddersfieldstandchat is anywhere near as fun, I bet they're all blowing dandelions (lucky Dan) and lacing daisies in each other hair

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
....Or spend no money on transfer fees and get Ings and Long on loan and pay wages with clause that if you get injured ( and Ings will) you go back to parent club. Hemed and Murray stay or sell Hemed and blow everything on Andy Carroll. I think I'm going mad...

Are Ings and Long both currently at other premier league clubs? I'm fairly sure they are so loaning both may prove to be an issue

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Zurich knew about it:-

We are very surprised at this decision. Naturally, we also had a medical examination carried out by the Schulthess Clinic before the change from Raphael to FC Zurich. There the same deviation from the standard was determined. However, this fact has been judged as being neither harmful to health nor compromising the performance of a top sportsman.

A striker linked with the Albion, you'd have thought they would cut out the middle man and carry out the medical in the Dignitas Clinic.

Or just perhaps our medicals are more stringent than Zurich's? You seem to be enjoying the fact we failed, do you get off on it?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But you stated as fact that it had been completed days ago, which is somewhat different from "I would have thought the medical had been completed days ago".

And it was only 4 days ago that the club said: "The 21-year-old striker has also agreed personal terms with the club and is now awaiting clearance to travel to the UK for his medical."

Four days is a long time in a transfer.
I wasn't claiming any inside knowledge. But we all saw the photos of him having dinner on the seafront and could therefore assume that he'd been to the training ground, so a touch of common sense would dictate that we would have conducted a medical at least the day before the hearing.

Also worth noting that when Izquierdo was awaiting a medical, the thread said 'pending medical' and Naylor was keeping fans updated as to when it was taking place - whereas there was nothing to suggest that it hadn't taken place on this one.

You can make a statement purely based upon opinion: "Mat Ryan needs to work on his handling skills". "Leon Best does not have Premier League striker".
It doesn't make it a fact. It's just what one believes to be true.
As was this.

Not sure why it's such a big deal anyway?
The poster doesn't seem to give a shite.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here