Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of NSC's favourite questions over the years: away seating

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
NSC before Leicester = Leicester stewards are a loads of jobsworths who march you into your specified seat.

At Leicester - people standing all in the aisles without a steward in site who could give a f**k

NSC before Leicester also said everybody WOULD GO to their specified seats as it was a sell out. There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving in the aisle near me a few minutes into the match due to the large number of people in the aisles.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Understand - although the problem arises when people do not move and stay put in your ticketed seat, you then have to find seat/s somewhere else, and if a full house, you end up walking round the stand looking for available seats. Which is not fun. That is why if the away club sit in your ticketed seat - sit/stand in it.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

This.

It winds me right up but all it means is I've decided to make sure I'm in the ground and heading to my seat by 14.30. Saves on the hassle and reduces the amount of booze I throw back.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
This.

It winds me right up but all it means is I've decided to make sure I'm in the ground and heading to my seat by 14.30. Saves on the hassle and reduces the amount of booze I throw back.
Agree - Although with the full house local games, most there by this time, maybe a bloody an hour before kicking on these secnerios is required to save walking around the stands.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not that I am going but if it is a sell out and people have got tickets they probably want to sit next to their friends and/or family you should be sitting in your allocated seat and not turning the whole thing into a Lord of the Flies exercise.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sit or stand in front of your allocated seat for sell out games. You are the ********, not the other guy, if choose to take someone elses when you could have taken those allocated to you. People may arrive late for the game for any number of reasons beyond their control. That said, don't assume the guy in your seat is an ********h e may just have not wanted to get into a row with the git that took his, or possibly has had a row already and backed down.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
ok I will bite. What is wrong with people sitting/standing in their own seats?

If you family/friend on the website the people you want to sit, you get tickets together? so it shouldn't matter where your seats are.

Nothing at all, just apprecate if you rock up 10 mins or later before KO then there will likely be a huge amount of shift and it will likely NOT be the fault of the person or persons in your seat/s.

Understand - although the problem arises when people do not move and stay put in your ticketed seat, you then have to find seat/s somewhere else, and if a full house, you end up walking round the stand looking for available seats. Which is not fun. That is why if the away club sit in your ticketed seat - sit/stand in it.

No, I don't think I will.

Newcomers seem to assume this is just the yoofs grouping up and taking people's seats, but it works the other way too. Many elderly, those with very young children or those that just prefer sitting all gravitate towards the front. If I don't manage to get a ticket near the back I'm going to head up there anyway.

Even in sellouts there is plenty of space to budge up or use the aisle, especially as there are ALWAYS more seats/space than people, due to noshows. It's not the bloody theatre for fecks sake. If somebody comes up and insists that i'm in their seat I will happily move along, use the aisle or relocate. I've had this issue twice in over 200 away days.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
ok I will bite. What is wrong with people sitting/standing in their own seats?

If you family/friend on the website the people you want to sit, you get tickets together? so it shouldn't matter where your seats are.

Nothing Just get there with some time to spare so people who are in them have chance to move.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I always sit in mine but I get there earlier enough to do so. Don't walk in at 2.59pm pissed up and expect to sit in your own seat as some tossers did at Leyton Orient a few seasons back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i will be sitting in my car on the way to look at flats for my youngest in Surbiton / hampton Court area if that helps.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I always sit in mine but I get there earlier enough to do so. Don't walk in at 2.59pm pissed up and expect to sit in your own seat as some tossers did at Leyton Orient a few seasons back.

This! I'm really not bothered. But I am bothered when people get shirty either way. Just go with the flow. It's not as if people reserve their away seats, you're just randomly dumped someone by the computer so people who are absolute letter of the law types really out to be a bit more flexible if 'your' seat is 'already' taken. And in most seasons gone by, when there are 1000 empty seats available too!!

Bell cheeses exist at football as well as work!! :)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Watford stewards were *******s a few seasons back.

I recall it kicking off at half time when stewards were checking tickets when people returned to their seats at half time.

I remember that. It caused bloody havoc.

theboybilly

Wolves was a nightmare. I had to take my allotted seat amongst everybody standing. I get that people prefer to stand I really do. Luckily (or so I thought) at h/t I saw some friends in the front row where there was a spare seat. I took them up on the offer only to be presented with the least legroom I've ever experienced at a football ground. If you know Molineux you will know the seating is set back (along the touchline) about 15 yards from the pitch yet some bright architect designed in a wall that left me in agony - I very nearly gave up and came away and, had we been losing heavily, I probably would have. I long for the day when Away clubs provide a seating plan where I can chose the seat I want.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
The issue is always that the away atmosphere is generally better and most want to stand. So when you 'sit where you like' the older or less able fans sit in the front 4/5 rows, the singers congregate right at the back and then others don't mind as long as they're with mates. When allocated that gets messed up, I'd feel sorry for someone in row 30 tomorrow who can't stand for long periods because I can guarantee if I (or most I know who go away regularly) am in row 29 I won't be taking a seat!

If the atmosphere at aways started to really sanitise I do worry I'd end up Brighton through heart but attend non league full time.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Firstly, I find my seat. If someone is in it and with a group I tend to find the nearest empty seat in the same row. If challenged by steward or person whose seat I'm in I can just move down and challenge the squatter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here