Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Perez

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Isnt the new player Izquierdo very quick and could be the missing piece in the jigsaw.

He won't be In the no9 position which is where pace is needed. He If was playing yesterday, he'd have been pushed back like March & Murphy by Citeh's wing backs. Their three central defenders had no pace to worry about and held a very high line on total comfort.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He won't be In the no9 position which is where pace is needed. He If was playing yesterday, he'd have been pushed back like March & Murphy by Citeh's wing backs. Their three central defenders had no pace to worry about and held a very high line on total comfort.

He wont be in the No 9 position as you say but he would hopefully be out wide for the No 9 either Murray or Hemed to knock the ball onto as yesterday both March and Murphy were so deep that had we won the ball there was nobody to give it to. Hence the City CBs had a comfortable day. He may be capable of getting forward in support quicker. .Plus he may have forced Walker to play deeper.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He wont be in the No 9 position as you say but he would hopefully be out wide for the No 9 either Murray or Hemed to knock the ball onto as yesterday both March and Murphy were so deep that had we won the ball there was nobody to give it to. Hence the City CBs had a comfortable day. He may be capable of getting forward in support quicker. .Plus he may have forced Walker to play deeper.

I agree, I think with Knockaert starting on the right with Izquierdo on the other flank, we'll be a much better attacking proposition.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And on yesterday's performance, Mooy looks a step up from Propper although it's easy look good against a Premier League minnow.

Mooy is now into his second season with Huddersfield; Propper joined us on Monday. Give the guy a chance.:facepalm:

Here Here. Going to be a long season if all we do is have a go, give him a chance !!

Propper was poor yesterday.

The reasons for that are obvious; he has had no time to bed in to squad or Premier League football and he was facing the title favourites. I fully expect him to improve and believe he will be a good signing. However, that does not take away from the fact that he looked out of his depth yesterday and the Mooy looked like a world beater against such poor opposition.

I think Davy will be a different proppersition next Saturday and I'm expecting good things but he'll need more mobile wingers and forward players to find space for his expansive and attacking passing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where's MOTM March going to play?

On the bench to replace either as they get tired late in the game. He was very good yesterday but he played too deep alongside Bruno which allowed their left back to attack having AK wide right will help keep the full back back in his own half and stop him attacking Bruno. The best combination on the right is Bruno and AK.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And on yesterday's performance, Mooy looks a step up from Propper although it's easy look good against a Premier League minnow.

You can't possibly go on one game though, remember it was Propper's debut in English football, and it was up against the team who may well end up as champions come the end of the season.

To me, Davy looked a little bit nervous and hurried in most of what he did yesterday, but he made a few good passes, and l'm sure he will get an awful lot better given time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can't possibly go on one game though, remember it was Propper's debut in English football, and it was up against the team who may well end up as champions come the end of the season.

To me, Davy looked a little bit nervous and hurried in most of what he did yesterday, but he made a few good passes, and l'm sure he will get an awful lot better given time.

He had one very good run with the ball and will be outstanding for us

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Propper was poor yesterday.

The reasons for that are obvious; he has had no time to bed in to squad or Premier League football and he was facing the title favourites. I fully expect him to improve and believe he will be a good signing. However, that does not take away from the fact that he looked out of his depth yesterday and the Mooy looked like a world beater against such poor opposition.

I think Davy will be a different proppersition next Saturday and I'm expecting good things but he'll need more mobile wingers and forward players to find space for his expansive and attacking passing.

'Proppersition', I see what you did there! :bowdown:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Agree with this the Dutch Eredivisie is technically strong but is played at a fraction of the pace of the premier league. Davy had a few moments yesterday when he thought he had more time than he did and ended up being hurried into mistakes. Technically he showed some very good touches but we need to give him time to adjust and remember he has been with us less than a week.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Just have to be patient, I guess!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Duffy's first game wasn't convincing.

boik

Here Here. Going to be a long season if all we do is have a go, give him a chance !!

There seem to be a good few on here desperate to write people off after one game c.f. Tomori, Duffy etc. The last person who had a storming debut was Abdul Razak and look how that turned out. Give people a chance to find their feet. It took Bergkamp best part of 2 years and he did OK in the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy's first game wasn't convincing.
Or his last one for Blackburn :lol:

Didn't Connor also oggy on his debut?, at least Davy didn't dunk it.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here