Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four Month Shadow Cabinet Reshuffle

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yeh right - and all the lobby hacks haven't been spinning at all

Some lobby hacks will spin the story to suit specific agendas but that doesn't hide the fact that this has been yet another shambolic episode leading to different elements within Labour openly slagging each other off across numerous media outlets. (See numerous twitter feeds of Labour MP's, Newsnight, Daily politics etc etc) Meanwhile the Government gets a virtual free ride and slips out significant announcements about allowing ministers a free vote on the referendum under the cover of the ongoing Labour implosion.

Describing this as playing a blinder or a 'new type of politics' is quite frankly ridiculous.

Some lobby hacks will spin the story to suit specific agendas but that doesn't hide the fact that this has been yet another shambolic episode leading to different elements within Labour openly slagging each other off across numerous media outlets. (See numerous twitter feeds of Labour MP's, Newsnight, Daily politics etc etc) Meanwhile the Government gets a virtual free ride and slips out significant announcements about allowing ministers a free vote on the referendum under the cover of the ongoing Labour implosion.

Describing this as playing a blinder or a 'new type of politics' is quite frankly ridiculous.

Sorry that's garbage - it's the media failing to do its job of holding the government to account while pursuing their proprietor vendetta against Corbyn,

The excuse from journalists that they cant cover real news because of Corbyn must be the slimiest most self-serving piece of humbug I've ever heard

Corbyn is a disaster, not for his politics but because he is incapable of leadership.The leaks prior to the reshuffle show he's unable to control his own faction of the party, so has no chance uniting everyone in the party to his right.

The big victory in Oldham - when everyone united behind his leadership - proves you are wrong. And he'll prove you wrong in the main election this year when Labour wins London back from Boris :thumbsup:

Actually I do have an idea who they were speaking to. Happy to PM you the names if you want to use your own sources to validate and confirm

No I'd prefer you to go on the record here with what facts you know. To be honest, people are pissed off with the cloak and dagger bullshit of what passes for crappy Westminster gossipy politics. It means sod all to people's real lives

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry that's garbage - it's the media failing to do its job of holding the government to account while pursuing their proprietor vendetta against Corbyn,

The excuse from journalists that they cant cover real news because of Corbyn must be the slimiest most self-serving piece of humbug I've ever heard

The point was Labour should be concentrating all their fire on the government instead of each other. Isn't holding the government to account mean't to be the job of the official opposition?

The point was Labour should be concentrating all their fire on the government instead of each other. Isn't holding the government to account mean't to be the job of the official opposition?

Massive humiliating U-turns on Saudi Arabia, tax credits and police funding already achieved by Corbyn. How about opening your eyes pal and stop swallowing the Murdoch spin wholesale

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Massive humiliating U-turns on Saudi Arabia, tax credits and police funding already achieved by Corbyn. How about opening your eyes pal and stop swallowing the Murdoch spin wholesale

Police funding?? was Corbyn responsible for the Paris attacks then??

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No I'd prefer you to go on the record here with what facts you know. To be honest, people are pissed off with the cloak and dagger bullshit of what passes for crappy Westminster gossipy politics. It means sod all to people's real lives

If his aides aren't prepared to go on the record and you expect me to name them here. Not very journalistic is it?

Just to say, two of those who briefed before appeared on television yesterday lunchtime defending the decisions. One key player has remained very silent. Probably working out how to spell his boss's first name correctly

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Thought the tax credit U Turn was mainly down to the Lords defeat (Lib Dem peers swung the vote) plus nervous Tory backbenchers. The Saudi Arabia decision was more a Gove Theresa May turf war and the Police funding announcement was as much a surprise to Labour as anyone.

Of course you might be right and Corbyn's excellent leadership has had the government reeling which is why they are doing so badly in the polls ...

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
So to summarise the below - Corbyn's leadership style is not to act as a leader - he has spent his whole life sniping from the sidelines and criticising anyone who has a 'mainstream' view that he has no idea how to unite the party. I particularly like the comment that his leadership style is consensual basically as long as you agree with him. Life was so much easier for him when he had someone to blame.

The stupidist criticism of the reshuffle was that it took 2 or 3 days to sort out. Look, if you have a dictator at the top of a party, like a Cameron and a Blair, for sure it can be done in 5 minutes flat - top down leaderships can work in that way like the petty dictators that they are.

Jeremy Corbyn's leadership style is completely different to that - it's collective, it's consensual and it generally brings in all wings of the party who want to work for victory in 2020. Corbynites remain a minority in Jeremy's own shadow cabinet, there's a Blairite, there are plenty of Brown era guys and there a few associated with Burnham's critique of New Labour. The time was spent in long discussions with all these colleagues about how all these different strands and opinions are going to work together going forward. That takes time when you aren't issuing top down orders.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

If his aides aren't prepared to go on the record and you expect me to name them here. Not very journalistic is it?

Just to say, two of those who briefed before appeared on television yesterday lunchtime defending the decisions. One key player has remained very silent. Probably working out how to spell his boss's first name correctly

Honestly, no one is interested in this stuff. It's got nothing to do with real politics

He sort of did answer the questions and the underlying point in responding to opposition calls for more money remains the same. You have to have credible economic foundations and growth to fund the many demands on the public purse.

Corbyn and McDonell lack credibility as they oppose every cut but nearly always call for increased spending.

Osborne has increased the deficit more than every single Labour government in history put together. Try again

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Corbyn can shuffle all he wants, whilst he's in charge Labour will never be in power.

:shrug:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Honestly, no one is interested in this stuff. It's got nothing to do with real politics

You said I had no idea what was being briefed. I've told you that I have an how close they are to the labour leader.

Sadly people are interested as briefings are done to get stuff into the public domain. If they weren't they wouldn't do it.

And that is one of the reasons why I don't believe corbyn is fit to be leader or PM.

And also one if the reasons why I today cancelled my membership of the labour party. The affiliates and registered supporters are out of touch with the views of the plp and the general public and to a lesser but significant degree, the paid up membership and that will kill the party which seems to have given up on being an elected government but is more akin to a parish council innit naivety

So to summarise the below - Corbyn's leadership style is not to act as a leader - he has spent his whole life sniping from the sidelines and criticising anyone who has a 'mainstream' view that he has no idea how to unite the party. I particularly like the comment that his leadership style is consensual basically as long as you agree with him. Life was so much easier for him when he had someone to blame.

I'd say you have a very jaundiced view of what leadership is - I'm guessing for you it's being ordered around by the Bullingdon boys. You are welcome to that - Corbyn is trying something different and his team already been successful in acheiving many cringing u-turns from the government. Burnham did an outstanding job exposing the government over their police cuts and the Government just capitulated

You said I had no idea what was being briefed. I've told you that I have an how close they are to the labour leader.

Sadly people are interested as briefings are done to get stuff into the public domain. If they weren't they wouldn't do it.

And that is one of the reasons why I don't believe corbyn is fit to be leader or PM.

And also one if the reasons why I today cancelled my membership of the labour party. The affiliates and registered supporters are out of touch with the views of the plp and the general public and to a lesser but significant degree, the paid up membership and that will kill the party which seems to have given up on being an elected government but is more akin to a parish council innit naivety

That's a shame - I stayed a member under many leaderships I disagreed with strongly. Given the collapse of the Liberal Democrats and the humiliation of Kendall, the centrist politics you subscribe to wouldn't even win parish council elections these days. You should think again - the new members flooding into the party are decent people and you should check the ego at the door and work with them

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here