Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just read that chairman Phil Gartside is seriously ill and with Bolton 173 mill in debt ,
there is no money even for loans .

Are they staring into the Abyss ? Cant see them staying up and with that kind of debt and in league 1 , it will only be a matter of time before they go into administration .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You'll find no sympathy here in Lyme Regis, if they spent beyond their means to the tune of 173m that's their own problem. They get some really low audiences so I'd say League One is about their true level.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Its Eddie Davies i believe owns the club ,but Gartside ran it i believe. Does this mean He has pulled the funding and wants out tho ? . I too ,have no sympathy for them .!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Historic debt which is largely consolidated doesn't threaten the club's future so much as the limit on available expenditure going forward
Certainly don't think Gartside's health is an issue. The mood around the club will improve with that bully out of the way.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Dean Holdsworth is rumoured to be heading the consortium takeover bid - not sure how much money this take over will provide the Trotters but they will be debt free for the first time since getting promoted 14 years ago!!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
You'll find no sympathy here in Lyme Regis, if they spent beyond their means to the tune of 173m that's their own problem. They get some really low audiences so I'd say League One is about their true level.

Didn't we do the same in the early 90s and get into crippling debts?

Did we deserve no sympathy?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't get the article. If Davies is only worth £100m, how come he can pump £170m into Bolton? Does it mean that he's worth £100m now but was worth £270m - that's a hell of a commitment

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didn't we do the same in the early 90s and get into crippling debts?

Did we deserve no sympathy?

Yes because we were completely SHAFTED

This has been brought on themselves like Leeds.

And don't forget when they were in the Prem Bolton pushed for a CLOSED SHOP. We all know why.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would this belatedly explain why Gartside was one of the main men behind the idea for no relegation from the Premier some years ago, when they were in it.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=2769

The above explains Gartsides vision, a cock of the highest order only interested in his own club. I stand up to my earlier comments that there is no sympathy coming from here for their plight.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Now living in a location where I can see the Macron from my back garden the locals I know were under the impression that a lot of the debt was owed to the Warburton family who have always said that they wont force the club into administration.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whatever happens they'll be better off without Gartside. Him and his agent mate have taken the owner/owners for a ride for years. I have no idea how they got away with it as the dodginess was widely reported years ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now living in a location where I can see the Macron from my back garden the locals I know were under the impression that a lot of the debt was owed to the Warburton family who have always said that they wont force the club into administration.
Are you in Westhoughton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here