Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion (P) *** Official Match Thread ***

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
3 matches in a week, the Euphoria of Monday, a couple of days of celebrating promotion, major team changes, it really was a "Leicester / Brighton " situation of a couple of seasons ago.
A weeks rest and I'm sure a refocusing by the management team and the job will be a good un' come 7.23pm on the 29th April 2017 :thumbsup: :albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
3 matches in a week, the Euphoria of Monday, a couple of days of celebrating promotion, major team changes, it really was a "Leicester / Brighton " situation of a couple of seasons ago.
A weeks rest and I'm sure a refocusing by the management team and the job will be a good un' come 7.23pm on the 29th April 2017 :thumbsup: :albion2:

..I don't think Bristol City will be a pushover draw maybe and it resting on the last game ..Newcastle at 8/1 for the championship looks a nice hedge :)

Ps Bruno seemed totally off it last night

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I don't think Bristol City will be a pushover either!
I just think a sober team with a bit of rest will perform much better than they did last night! :drunk::drink::whisky:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got in at 2, feel pretty laid back about it all. Very unlucky two goals, enjoyed the Addams Family song and move on 'til next week. Fulham win today, Preston on Monday.
3 for me, bloody M25 and A21 shut arrrrrrh.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but AK needs to be a bit smarter in his reaction otherwise the opposition will wind him up further. We were right in the corner of the away end so couldn't really see what happened to cause the upset but his reaction deserved a yellow. Dunk kept him on the pitch by pulling him away. I don't think the all round performance was as bad as some are saying. Looked like a penalty just before their second (we were in line with that one) and there were a few half chances. We probably missed Stephens in the first half as although Norwood is a decent passer he is not as involved in linking up play.

I assume he said something to Knocky - the reaction was wild and prolonged - the Dunk hold and then the Bruno hold to keep him away. He needs to deal with that or else it will be weekly. It would be interesting to know what was said.

We really missed Stephens. I'm not sure what Norwood brings at this level, certainly can't see him stepping up a level

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
we're gonna blow it ain't we

I think we may have already won it. It wouldn't be against Newcastle's current form to lose one of their final three. It could happen on Monday. It could happen on Friday.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yay, I made it into a photo.

Norw.jpg

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I assume he said something to Knocky - the reaction was wild and prolonged - the Dunk hold and then the Bruno hold to keep him away. He needs to deal with that or else it will be weekly. It would be interesting to know what was said.

We really missed Stephens. I'm not sure what Norwood brings at this level, certainly can't see him stepping up a level

Norwood played really well i thought. Great range of passing

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weak in the tackle, doesn't command midfield offered no protection to the central defence hence the space Pricktard had

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I thought the exact opposite his passing was very wayward but then I am biased because I think that Stephens is by far the best midfielder in the Championship even including Shelvey and that Norwood is a very poor alternative. I have said many times Stephens opens the game and makes space for everybody with 1 turn. Norwood is very predictable in what he is going to do. or attempt to do. and last night was no different. Without a doubt our best 2 midfielders together are Kayal and Stephens and I wonder whether we will need to bring in another even if Stephens stays because I do not think that our options are good enough.

I am sure that Norwood and Sidwell could both join a championship club next season and do very well but not in the Premier where they will be generally out thought and outplayed. unless brought on in an emergency as a sub.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was that not Sidwell's fault then? All norwood's fault?

Sidwell can't do it all on his own. Whenever Norwood is in the side the other midfielder has to do the donkey work. When either Kayal, Stephens or Sidwell play together it is shared.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I thought the exact opposite his passing was very wayward but then I am biased because I think that Stephens is by far the best midfielder in the Championship even including Shelvey and that Norwood is a very poor alternative. I have said many times Stephens opens the game and makes space for everybody with 1 turn. Norwood is very predictable in what he is going to do. or attempt to do. and last night was no different. Without a doubt our best 2 midfielders together are Kayal and Stephens and I wonder whether we will need to bring in another even if Stephens stays because I do not think that our options are good enough.

I am sure that Norwood and Sidwell could both join a championship club next season and do very well but not in the Premier where they will be generally out thought and outplayed. unless brought on in an emergency as a sub.

I agree about Stephens being the best in the league, and im sure he will join a decent prem team. Norwood is a very different type of CM tho.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Sidwell can't do it all on his own. Whenever Norwood is in the side the other midfielder has to do the donkey work. When either Kayal, Stephens or Sidwell play together it is shared.

Dont agree with that, how can you blame Norwood for not picking up Pritchard is harsh. Just as much the others players fault as well. I dont think Norwood is great at the "Donkey work" but feel you are being harsh on him. He would play much better in a 3 man midfield giving his passing ability.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dont agree with that, how can you blame Norwood for not picking up Pritchard is harsh. Just as much the others players fault as well. I dont think Norwood is great at the "Donkey work" but feel you are being harsh on him. He would play much better in a 3 man midfield giving his passing ability.

And that's what I'm alluding to, he can't play in a two man midfield.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here