Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom interview with JC - BBC South

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....I'm concerned. Seems to be some long term scheme that so far has only delivered top flight football in a smashing ground... facilities in Lancing and the profile of the women's team, involvement in the community.
I smell a rat.
If it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

Or maybe, just maybe ..............for once .... I may have lucked in and support the greatest sports organisation on the ****ing planet.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fantastic!

Interesting though - "...disappointments off the pitch...people not keeping their promises..." (slightly paraphrased, but not much). Wonder what he's thinking about - perhaps something recent?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Fantastic, I love fact that we are fan owned. Of course I want us to win games and sign good players, but what is more important to me is the way the club is run. That it has strong links to the community, that the history is remembered and we don’t sell our soul for success. No matter what happens this season we are very very lucky to have such a well run club to support.

Thank you Mr Bloom :clap2: :bowdown:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Fantastic!

Interesting though - "...disappointments off the pitch...people not keeping their promises..." (slightly paraphrased, but not much). Wonder what he's thinking about - perhaps something recent?

Yes, and it's his quiet demeanour to that that strikes me - not someone you'd cross just once and keep your job, methinks. There seems to be a strong sense of 'honour', be it #together, that runs top to bottom.

Made me think too, how alike CH and TB are. Down to earth, outwardly unflappable, "don't worry about the things you can't control" approach to things, and no coincidence that every manager after Gus has been cut from the same cloth. I think we can all be justifiably proud.

*After the Bristol City game a couple of seasons ago, and after a few drinks, I tottered past Tone outside the stadium and couldn't bring myself to say anything - thankfully, I suppose. Likely he was in the same state as me, grinning like a goon, so I'm happy to think we silently acknowledged eachother and passed by, grinning like goons.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It really is quite something having such a down to earth hardcore fan who happens to be stupendously clever as the owner. He must have have a few quid too. No wonder other fans get a little bit jealous. Go on, admit it other fans. We know you are reading this and thinking you'd like some of that

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Fantastic!

Maybe the hotel scheme falling through and the Ikea development stalling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Superb interview. The Ace Rimmer of owners. What a guy. Smoke me a kipper....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes, and it's his quiet demeanour to that that strikes me - not someone you'd cross just once and keep your job, methinks. There seems to be a strong sense of 'honour', be it #together, that runs top to bottom.

Made me think too, how alike CH and TB are. Down to earth, outwardly unflappable, "don't worry about the things you can't control" approach to things, and no coincidence that every manager after Gus has been cut from the same cloth. I think we can all be justifiably proud.

*After the Bristol City game a couple of seasons ago, and after a few drinks, I tottered past Tone outside the stadium and couldn't bring myself to say anything - thankfully, I suppose. Likely he was in the same state as me, grinning like a goon, so I'm happy to think we silently acknowledged eachother and passed by, grinning like goons.

I hope he wasn’t drinking I saw him pull up in a porch that day.

But agree with the sentiment, I’d love to buy both him and Dick a beer.

Between them, they have made my dreams come true.

I really hope they can come to see eye to eye, the impression I’ve got however is that they have a fair few differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Really? Oh God don't spoil my Happy Place

No real insite but I’m sure I heard that DK had been banned from the Amex, was going around when it was his birthday, and I’m sure there was a falling out when DK released his book and also when he offered to sell his shares to fans.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Chances are he'll be on one of the trains to Watford today, too, chatting happily with the fans. How many other owners do that? Can't see Stan Kroenke getting the underground up to Highbury & Islington and strolling to the Emirates in the same way.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Can’t believe what we have achieved in such a short space of time.Met DK at West Ham last season and Tony Bloom on the terrace at Brentford season before.Wonder how many other owners are so approachable and friendly,amazing UTA

I hope he wasn’t drinking I saw him pull up in a porch that day.

But agree with the sentiment, I’d love to buy both him and Dick a beer.

Between them, they have made my dreams come true.

I really hope they can come to see eye to eye, the impression I’ve got however is that they have a fair few differences.

I know he is a property developer but having a mobile porch is a bit much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here