Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albiom's summer 18 transfer business

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s a joke!! Of course we want ALL our new signings to succeed, it goes without saying. Hence my tongue in cheek comment.

OK, a joke then.

But - and I think you missed the point - it was something that very obviously wasn't being said. All 'squad', no mention of 'team'. Yes, we hope they are better than the players they have replaced, but if our first eleven still looks something like: Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Bong; Knocky, Stephens, Propper, Izquierdo; Gross and Murray then, although the squad might be better, it won't have been a very successful window.
That's not the same as just saying I want them to succeed - that of course does go without saying.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We don't actually know the value of any of these players yet.
And who of our rivals have been doing "cheque book scouting".
It's awfully arrogant to assume we're doing something greatly different and superior to everyone else.

We don't know the cost, but many of NSC's denizens can certainly tell you a lot about the value of these players. :)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I can only hope the sensible approach works, If Wolves, Fulham etc give us a thumping I would like to hope that CH and PB and all the staff learn from it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What would they learn from it?

That it's better to be on a sound financial footing in the Championship, than playing in the PL with the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Palace and Fulham, who only stayed there through paying huge wages and fees. Who will eventually be jealous of the Albion's prudent approach.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This could be the most exciting season ever. So looking forward to seeing all the new players and knowing that the existing players will really need to step up to keep their place.
What a time to be a Brighton fan!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People just moan because they can, it's inevitable.
I have only ever heard the word bedwetter, mentioned on this forum, must be a Sussex thing :shrug:

606 and other phone-ins (sadly I've listened all the way back to David Mellor presenting), are always dominated by gutted fans of clubs such as ManU, Arsenal and West Ham after an unfavourable result. Airing their bedwetting to the nation, calling for wholesale changes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
606 and other phone-ins (sadly I've listened all the way back to David Mellor presenting), are always dominated by gutted fans of clubs such as ManU, Arsenal and West Ham after an unfavourable result. Airing their bedwetting to the nation, calling for wholesale changes.

I did say it, tongue in cheek about some Albion fans, I know it's endemic amongst other fans, where their teams don't do well, all because they have the opportunity to do so on all aspects of social/media.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did say it, tongue in cheek about some Albion fans, I know it's endemic amongst other fans, where their teams don't do well, all because they have the opportunity to do so on all aspects of social/media.

I knew you meant it that way, being a jokey fella. :smile:

I don't find those fans ringing in fuming to 606 depressing, instead I love it. The more entitled they come across, the better.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I knew you meant it that way, being a jokey fella. :smile:

I don't find those fans ringing in fuming to 606 depressing, instead I love it. The more entitled they come across, the better.

Haha, I was listening to a Spuds fan on TS, talking about the lack of players they have not purchased in this transfer window.
I just got the opinion, that the TS tean were goding him into a corner, which he wasnt going to go....:tumble::tumble::tumble:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here