Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Ladies Team

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
And you have so little interest, you thought you'd come on here to tell us you have little interest - as if that was of any interest.

Your question, incidentally is irrelevant, and more than a bit stupid.

Don`t see why my question irrelevant on a "Brighton Ladies Team" thread or stupid as I`ve never been to Ladies Football match.

Perhaps you could enlighten rather than denigrate me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don`t see why my question irrelevant on a "Brighton Ladies Team" thread or stupid as I`ve never been to Ladies Football match.

Perhaps you could enlighten rather than denigrate me.

Given that 25% and not 2% of football crowds are female, I would suggest stupid is a valid word.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z8pvhv4

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand why women have found it necessary to play what has traditionally been a man's game. They've got their own sports: netball, stoolball … why not develop those?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't understand why women have found it necessary to play what has traditionally been a man's game. They've got their own sports: netball, stoolball … why not develop those?

giphy.gif

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
And you have so little interest, you thought you'd come on here to tell us you have little interest - as if that was of any interest.

Your question, incidentally is irrelevant, and more than a bit stupid.

Do you pick an argument with everyone.. if you can’t say something nice.. keep it shut! As my nan would say!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Given that 25% and not 2% of football crowds are female,

That must include Ladies Games there is no way there is anywhere near 25% female attendance at Amex when Men playing. I would have thought 2% reasonable guesstimate. However if the Ladies get 98% female spectators and their attendance 25% of men my figures stack up and so do yours !!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That must include Ladies Games there is no way there is anywhere near 25% female attendance at Amex when Men playing. I would have thought 2% reasonable guesstimate. However if the Ladies get 98% female spectators and their attendance 25% of men my figures stack up and so do yours !!

If we say an avg of 28000 for home games then 2% is 560. Which is preposterous.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
15-20%

But balls to guessing, I'll ask the club. They'll have stats on this sort of thing.

Wow....maybe I`m miles out but I find it hard to believe it`s anywhere near 20%. Will be interested to know !! I probably know 50+ season ticket holders none of them Female. My wife has never been and my Daughter came once but spent her time glued to her mobile phone.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Wow....maybe I`m miles out but I find it hard to believe it`s anywhere near 20%. Will be interested to know !! I probably know 50+ season ticket holders none of them Female. My wife has never been and my Daughter came once but spent her time glued to her mobile phone.

Fella, you are wide of the mark. I know several female season-ticket holders and my missus is an eight-season season ticket holder. And, I reckon that one of my mates is the most hardcore Albion fan I've EVER met and she is most definitely a woman. Times are a changin'

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Quite.

It's not 'PC gone mad' or pedantry but... they are the Brighton & Hove Albion Women's team. It's a women's team playing in the Women's Super League.

That said, getting to Crawley is a ballache for me - it was so much easier at Lancing. Ah well, Crawley here I come.

The lengths you will go to to showcase how right on you are!!! Do you really enjoy watching that low quality and minority interest rubbish or is it a 'look at me I'm so inclusive I travel to watch womens football?'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do you pick an argument with everyone.. if you can’t say something nice.. keep it shut! As my nan would say!

It's like having my very own stalker with you about. I can hardly comment on anything - and there you are like a jack in the box.

How about practising what you preach? Accusing someone on the IKEA thread of being a snowflake just because of their choice of school - pitiful.

Why are you always obnoxious to anyone who dares to disagree with you?

I'm always obnoxious to people who are obnoxious about women or women's football - especially if they deal in misogyny.

The lengths you will go to to showcase how right on you are!!! Do you really enjoy watching that low quality and minority interest rubbish or is it a 'look at me I'm so inclusive I travel to watch womens football?'

Interesting. Diablo writes a meaningless, derogatory, misogynistic post, and you round on the person calling him out. Says a lot.

There's an awful lot of howling going on from some quarters about how little they care about women's football - just to make sure they know everyone knows, they'll broadcast this on repeat. You saw it was a women's football thread, and you can't help yourselves.

Personally, I'll support anyone playing for Brighton & Hove Albion - men's team, women's team, powerchair team. More, if I could get to the games. There's nothing politically correct (what a meaningless phrase that is here) about doing that. For me, and thousands of others, it's something they want to do.

And what do you lot do in response? Grizzle.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's like having my very own stalker with you about. I can hardly comment on anything - and there you are like a jack in the box.

How about practising what you preach? Accusing someone on the IKEA thread of being a snowflake just because of their choice of school - pitiful.

I'm always obnoxious to people who are obnoxious about women or women's football - especially if they deal in misogyny.

Interesting. Diablo writes a meaningless, derogatory, misogynistic post, and you round on the person calling him out. Says a lot.

There's an awful lot of howling going on from some quarters about how little they care about women's football - just to make sure they know everyone knows, they'll broadcast this on repeat. You saw it was a women's football thread, and you can't help yourselves.

Personally, I'll support anyone playing for Brighton & Hove Albion - men's team, women's team, powerchair team. More, if I could get to the games. There's nothing politically correct (what a meaningless phrase that is here) about doing that. For me, and thousands of others, it's something they want to do.

And what do you lot do in response? Grizzle.

You are the Piers Morgan of NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here