Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton drowning under grafitti and tagging - is there anything we can do?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How can you enjoy looking at 'tagging'?

Why not? Granted there are some shit tags. But at the same time some are decent and its more the enjoymwt of where you see them pop up and how its done without being caught. Plus all grafiti artists start somwhere.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
View attachment 96942
This tagg is appearing around Haywards Heath any info worth a few pints of Harveys

As already mentioned...

The 14/88 refers to the 14 word slogan of the Aryan nations “we must fight to secure the future, and culture, for our white aryan children”

The 88 refers to the 8th letter of the alphabet (H) and, predictably, means “Heil Hitler”. I never realised Hayward’s Heath was such a hotbed of neo nazism...or racial tension.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Old people complaining about graffiti in a city :lolol:

I guess music was better in your day as well, when people could actually sing etc etc. What? It’s a quarter past two! These 5ps are a bit fiddly.

There’s **** all you can do about it in a city and you will be far better off expending your energy on something more worthwhile. Just a friendly heads up....you’ll find cities are abit noisy as well.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I took a trip into Brighton the other day and had a mooch about. Perhaps people who live there don't notice, I didn't when I lived there, but my God! It is absolutely filthy. What a hole it is these days.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Most Capital cities are full of graffiti. TBH some of it is quite good and adds to run down areas.
Not sure if many have seen it but a couple of tree huggers carved an Owl scene into a log outside Withdean park, its bloody fantastic. Still waiting for someone to lift it for there back garden

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My metal shutter was covered in the stuff. Every morning someone would have added their tag. I have cameras with video evidence but the police aren't interested.
Then a lad offered, free of charge, to paint the shutter with an art work (his words) for free. Nice job, pretty 'art work' and no one has tagged the shutter since.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As already mentioned...

The 14/88 refers to the 14 word slogan of the Aryan nations “we must fight to secure the future, and culture, for our white aryan children”

The 88 refers to the 8th letter of the alphabet (H) and, predictably, means “Heil Hitler”. I never realised Hayward’s Heath was such a hotbed of neo nazism...or racial tension.

Maybe it means Haywards Heath. Haywards Heath must be the epicentre of the Aryan Nation!!!!

Does Bushy still live there?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I like it, it adds to the all round crappyness that Brighton exudes so well.

Last edited:

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I made this point on here a while back and was shot down in flames. Brighton is looking worse than ever at the moment.

You're not allowed to say anything bad about Brighton, especially to those still living in the Brighton bubble. I don't mind the place particulalrly but there are far, far nicer places in Sussex.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I like graffiti, urban areas look great when they are decorated.

Not so keen on tagging but it kind of goes with the territory.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

image.jpg

Tags.
I think some people on this thread are on a wind up if they like this sort of graffiti ???

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I quite like it.

How very dare you like something everyone else seems to hate , you sir are a abomination of modern society , and should be locked up indefinitely on penguin island for your individualistic views , it wouldn't suprise me if you were one of those people that thought the earth was round .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tagging is just egotistical crap and it quite rightly draws heavy criticism. Graffiti on the other can be just bloody brillinat and we are fortunate enough to have some very talented and creative artists operating in our city more power too them. Taggers though, f**k off and come back when you can actually create something of value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here