Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is all going to go pear shaped isn't it?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One more bad result and Norwich will be sacking their manager.

Most important thing is to maintain or increase that gap to the play-off places.

Norwich next 2 are away at QPR who could get the new Manager bounce, and away at Derby who are now fulfilling potential. So quite possible he won't see out the month

Coming up on rails are Reading and Leeds. Reading at home to Burton and Bristol so a reasonable bet for 6 points. Leeds away at a washed up Rotherham, but before that at home to Newcastle which could be a defining point, for both maybe?

We just have to keep doing the business and although out next two are tricky I can't see good reason why the gap can't be maintained

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Despite the eventual disappointment last year it was a thoroughly enjoyable season with memorable games home and away. This season is very much more of the same. Loving each and every game.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I guess you'd have to be a long time Albion fan to know what I mean here :lolol:

Now I admit I can be either ecstatic or depressed about all things Albion but the way things are going at the moment is just plain worrying. We are beating top six teams for fun, we can lose key players and you wouldn't even know and the spirit in the squad is better than anything I've known since the Mullery years.

Can we really do this?

History is repeating itself - 1978 and 1979.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
For most of last season there was a lot of 1 goal wins and draws. Yesterday, like a lot of games, the team seems to be winning more games comfortably.

Don't like to tempt fate, but top 2 seems very possible, especially if a good striker is brought in in January.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I only see villa as a potential threat but there midfield is so shite I can't see them breaking us down Leeds are ok but nowhere near our class Fulham look ok too but not good enough at the back I just don't see us losing enough games to help Vila and Derby close the gap no other team will get close to us I wonder how Newcastle will react if we top the league??

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Long, melty post ahead...

When I look back at least season I think a lot more fondly of the second half.

During the unbeaten run last season I never thought we'd do it as others have said, too many draws and too many 1 goal unconvincing wins, I knew we'd get outclassed by Boro at home in December and sensed that the wheels would come off in the games following that.
However in the second half of last season I started to believe, we signed Knockaert, Sidwell and Skalak to complete the squad and from that point never really looked back at the blip in form (apart from Cardiff Away... :moo:...) we we're ****ing brilliant and a lot better than in the first half of the season (not that we were bad at all at that point) despite not being unbeaten through it all, we won more games albeit losing two, had we had that team the whole season we'd have comfortably got promoted.

Right now this season feels like a continuation of that and we're even better with a slightly tweaked and strengthened squad, if we keep this going as it is we'll be comfortably promoted.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
YES,YES,YES

Solly back as well.Merry Christmas,Happy New Year,100 points,Champions!:albion2: Yes,just got back from the pub!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This season is reminding me of our last season at the Withdean.

I can't see anything going wrong other than the club losing Knockaert for nothing and replacing him with a record transfer fee on Seb Carole come the end of season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a bit sad really if you can't fully enjoy it...they compensate for the rough times
I can't enjoy the moment, I'm just too scared to look ahead.
[MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] said earlier 'only 8 games to the transfer window'.

My initial reaction was:-

'oh just 4 or 5 games to go, and we'll be near enough...

...unless we lose them all' :lol: :facepalm:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can we really do this?

From here right now,there is the very really danger that currently we are,let's just say-3 KEY injuries from the squad being put to the test............imagine,Duff,Antony & Dale all out for 3 months,from now due to injury.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Last year I don't think I ever truly believed that we would pull it off. During the long unbeaten run there were too many draws and unconvincing wins. By the end of the season, when we were really going through the gears, we were always trying to catch up ground.

This year feels a little different to me. I sense the squad is stronger, more adaptable and just has more steel.

Weve finished 6th, 4th and 3rd. One more step needed (although two would be nice).

Yes, deep down, I felt that about last year, though we did get so close and were of course desperately unlucky. The squad does feel stronger and yesterday was yet more evidence of this. We have had so many disappointments in the past and it might be a question of crossing that psychological barrier to say that we are going to do it. It feels like it, but then we have only 16 games, and there is so much that could still go wrong 9injuries/Jan window etc) but equally much that continue to go right, and with a 4th striker in January, then this could well be our year.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am a glass half empty type, which does not help but that's the way it is.
I think that it's in the DNA of a lot of Brighton fans that's it's all going to go tits up and last season did not help, always worried before each match and yet I know we have a very good squad, the best ever probably and yet I still cannot enjoy it and be confident that we are going to win.
And if we do go up I am already worried that we will get smashed every week and come straight back down.
I desperately want to go up for 2 reasons, 1 for Tony so that he can get some of his money back and the other is that the money involved will really put the club on a sound footing, if we manage to stay up then the world could be our lobster.
On one of my more confident days I see us as a really decent Premier League club.
Which is nice.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think it's entirely possible we will cruise to promotion alongside newcastle. We look far better than most teams, simple as that.
Fans always worry it will go pear shaped but I doubt that's on the players' minds
Have to agree as you have to think of what teams in this league are really capable of challenging the top two...that tells you all you need to know although being Brighton it will never go to plan and you'll get plenty of ups and downs.

D

Deleted member 2719

Last year I don't think I ever truly believed that we would pull it off. During the long unbeaten run there were too many draws and unconvincing wins. By the end of the season, when we were really going through the gears, we were always trying to catch up ground.

This year feels a little different to me. I sense the squad is stronger, more adaptable and just has more steel.

Weve finished 6th, 4th and 3rd. One more step needed (although two would be nice).

Bang on mate, we have to do it with this squad and if we have any doubts the January transfer window needs to be smashed to secure the chance of Premier football, no mucking about in the playoffs again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here