Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I feel sorry for the girl who will see him in the press and on match of the day making a few thousand a game and applauded by fans

Do you know the girl in question? Maybe there was a reason the prosecution never raised her character in the case? Also, why will she see him on match and being applauded by fans? One may assume she lives in North Wales, not Sheffield. Also, is she a football fan? If not, unlikely that she will watch FLS!!

Our justice system is worthless then is it? That is basically what you're saying...

Of course he isn't saying that. Nobody is saying our legal system is worthless and I suspect you know that. What is being said is that it isn't perfect and miscarriages of justice do occur.

As for the case, I see that the Criminal Case Review Commission are fast tracking their investigation into the case so maybe we'll know sooner rather than later?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29679563

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
How on earth has this got on to race?!
What Evans did is one of the absolute worst things you can do to someone. I don't care what colour, religion or show size you are. You shouldn't get such a short sentence and I would not want them anywhere near my club or an area of such influence.

I also remember a fair bit going on about Marlon King

It's a debating forum. Thats why.

'One of the worse things you can do to anyone?' Yeah must've been awful for her going to the a hotel for sex and then getting sh*gg*d by a fit young footballer. Poor girl.

'Short sentence?' 5 years for a sh*g seems a tad harsh to me. The truth will come out, I welcome the news that the CCRC commission has 'fast tracked' his case.

I would welcome him to the Albion he would be a real asset to us (or indeed any lower league club). But no doubt it would provoke a 'I'm going to tear up my season ticket' reaction from the PC brigade.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Do you know the girl in question? Maybe there was a reason the prosecution never raised her character in the case? Also, why will she see him on match and being applauded by fans? One may assume she lives in North Wales, not Sheffield. Also, is she a football fan? If not, unlikely that she will watch FLS!!

Of course he isn't saying that. Nobody is saying our legal system is worthless and I suspect you know that. What is being said is that it isn't perfect and miscarriages of justice do occur.

As for the case, I see that the Criminal Case Review Commission are fast tracking their investigation into the case so maybe we'll know sooner rather than later?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29679563

Agree tge law can gets things wrong. ..sometimes hiwever this was rape and there was enough evidence for a custodial sentence, this wasnt a minor crime like shoplifting (awaiting for defence of "will nobody think of the shopkeepers)
Is it fair this man is allowed to huge wages IN THR PUBLIC EYE?? ehat if he was an mp, an actor etc woukd he be re employed and respected.

As for cqlling the VICTIMS character into question is a disgrace are you saying "a little harmless rape if she is dressed like a slapper and anyway she a bit of slag so im game if she isnt" disgusting ! Rape is a vile vile crime!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
She wasn't "shagged", as you so classily put it, she was raped. In the eyes of the law he is a rapist. A sex offender.

We only have the justice system. You can't pick and choose which bits you like and which you don't.

Ched Evans is a convicted sex offender and, unless he successfully appeals, is a criminal out on license.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yup, and rightly so. :wave:

Pathetic. We dont need wet 'fans' like that. Probably the same types who scream 'homophobia' when the first strains of 'we can see you holding hands' are heard.

Hypothetical I know but i bet if he did sign for us and scored 10 goals in his first 10 games they would come flocking back. Why shouldn't he be allowed back to ply his trade? He's served his time and understandably wants to get back to work. Whats the alternative for him, live on benefits? I see the Sun led with '500k contract for rapist' but without mentioning 250k a year would be the going rate for a prolific league 1 striker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pathetic. We dont need wet 'fans' like that. Probably the same types who scream 'homophobia' when the first strains of 'we can see you holding hands' are heard.

Hypothetical I know but i bet if he did sign for us and scored 10 goals in his first 10 games they would come flocking back. Why shouldn't he be allowed back to ply his trade? He's served his time and understandably wants to get back to work. Whats the alternative for him, live on benefits? I see the Sun led with '500k contract for rapist' but without mentioning 250k a year would be the going rate for a prolific league 1 striker.

What does that little red box by your name mean?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Interesting discussion on Radio 5 this morning during Politics Hour where his prison pastor questioned that if he was 'allowed' back into football would he mentally be able to handle the abuse that no doubt would come his way. The pastor thought not.

Ironically the FA are calling for life bans for supporters that use foul and abusive language within football grounds. You couldn't make it up!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't see how you can PROVE that she didn't consent to him, if she can't remember anything. It doesn't make sense.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Maybe you have something there I couldnt draw a rolpharoo if it wasnt for mr Harris and he hasnt "shagged" a kid in years he should get his own show back you never know the girl might have been gagging for it(arent all rape victims whether they are man/women adult or child), and lets be honest will footy commentary be the same without Stuart Halls analysis and wit? I mean they were just having a laugh in the 70s surely their times already spent!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree tge law can gets things wrong. ..sometimes hiwever this was rape and there was enough evidence for a custodial sentence, this wasnt a minor crime like shoplifting (awaiting for defence of "will nobody think of the shopkeepers)
Is it fair this man is allowed to huge wages IN THR PUBLIC EYE?? ehat if he was an mp, an actor etc woukd he be re employed and respected.

As for cqlling the VICTIMS character into question is a disgrace are you saying "a little harmless rape if she is dressed like a slapper and anyway she a bit of slag so im game if she isnt" disgusting ! Rape is a vile vile crime!

Grow up. It's rape if she didn't consent, it's sex if she did. How a person dresses has nothing to do with whether it was rape or not. However, if, for argument sake, you had an alleged victim who had cried rape on numerous occasions only to have been proven wrong, who regularly slept with strangers with no commitment, who bragged about winning big etc etc, that may have a bearing on the credibility of that person's testimony. It would still of course be one word against another. In this case we don't know what her character is because it was never brought up in the trial!

Aug 23, 2011
Grow up. It's rape if she didn't consent, it's sex if she did. How a person dresses has nothing to do with whether it was rape or not. However, if, for argument sake, you had an alleged victim who had cried rape on numerous occasions only to have been proven wrong, who regularly slept with strangers with no commitment, who bragged about winning big etc etc, that may have a bearing on the credibility of that person's testimony. It would still of course be one word against another. In this case we don't know what her character is because it was never brought up in the trial!

Why didn't the defence bring up her character then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here