Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO BHAFC Players: How Much Do You Want It?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We were devastated we didn't win it, last year.

I didn't even know they gave a trophy for runners up and even if i did i wouldn't have been devastated for missing out on the trophy. I will be for missing out on the trophy for the title given the context

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Reading between the lines of their respective interviews in the Argus, both Bruno and Murray, as senior pro's, are less than impressed by the post-Wigan shenanigans of their juniors.

You don't need to read through the lines. I'm not sure any of our players in their 30s went out anywhere after sealing promotion; I certainly haven't seen any images of them out on the lash.
I normally will support our players to the hilt, but I agree with the thrust of this thread. But I'm not convinced that it had anything to do with Bristol City. We were just very poor in that game, and Bruno was shanking crosses off his shin into the North Stand, while just about everything Murray touched turned to merde. I still have high hopes that we'll get it together against Villa though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CH is getting away with it a little bit IMO. His team selection did not help us on Saturday.
Skalak has single handedly started more Solly March chants than the North Stand this season.

March had 45mins Saturday and arguably had less impact than Skalak did in the first half.:shrug:

Hardly a convincing case that selection would have changed things that much.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
CH is getting away with it a little bit IMO. His team selection did not help us on Saturday.
Skalak has single handedly started more Solly March chants than the North Stand this season.

Agree back to basics, play best effing team Chris....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think there is a lot of truth in that. Not just physically but mentally too.

They've celebrated pretty hard. Mentally I think they thought they'd get away with it and with over confidence they'd win one of the last 3. They'd have knuckled down for Saturday, but unfortunately at home against a side almost safe, they couldn't summon the intensity needed. They've still got a great chance on Sunday. Perhaps the shock of losing Saturday will jolt them into one final top drawer performance.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It will be gutting if we don't win the title being 7 points clear at one stage. When Chris starts talking about it immediately after being promoted, we know it should be a done deal.

I still believe we will do it on Sunday as i have done all season. Football at the end of the day should be about silverware and winning things and this is still the best chance we have ever had to win this division. One last push with the strongest team available and loud vocal support should see us home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They've celebrated pretty hard. Mentally I think they thought they'd get away with it and with over confidence they'd win one of the last 3. They'd have knuckled down for Saturday, but unfortunately at home against a side almost safe, they couldn't summon the intensity needed. They've still got a great chance on Sunday. Perhaps the shock of losing Saturday will jolt them into one final top drawer performance.

The fact they partied so hard after promotion clearly shows where their focus was....it doesn't seem to be on the title. Shame.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bruno was devastated that we didn't finish the job off on Saturday. At the final whistle he was down on his back as if we'd just had relegation inflicted upon us.

As were many of the players, you could tell they were gutted.

This team bounces back from a cock up like no other in the championship.
Inside Villa Park this sunday is going to be special..........trust in Bruno to make this happen

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
It's funny how you can compare 2 identical scenarios going into the final game and yet they feel poles apart. Both ourselves and Plymouth have an away game left knowing that a win will secure the title of our division, or matching the result of the team below us will secure the title of our division - and yet we are feeling doom and gloom while Plymouth have snuck into that position following the penultimate game and their fans will no doubt be feeling nothing but excitement !

It's now a one-off cup final scenario this weekend for both clubs - time to forget the drama behind how we got to this point, let's just go and win one more football match ! UTA !

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I don't buy the "we won't care whether we win the title or not by the summer". For me thats a losers attitude. They will regret falling short when they were 7 clear with 3 to go, some immediately, some later. This team has a chance to go into the history books, the first Albion team to win the second tier title. They deserve it but they now have to earn it. Now is the time to prove you are the best.

Exactly . The very best teams push right till the very end and believe , truly believe . Not fade away .

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
After the euporia of gaining promotion it has all felt like a damp squib since. I really hope the players have knuckled down this week and we go out like a freight train on Sunday.

However I feel that they have got what they wanted and are already on summer holiday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We ARE gonna do it...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well?

- do you want a Championship medal, a killer selfie with a big f**k-off trophy and a framed photo your kids and grandkids will be immensely proud of for many years to come?

or

- do you just want to go on the piss like the previous generation of English players, accepting unlimited beers and selfie cuddles from middle-aged men in stripes for a couple of weeks?

Just think it through a bit, y'know. You're all quite rightly celebrating promotion to the Premier League. But think it through a bit DEEPER. Some of you won't be here next season. Some of you will have nothing much lasting to show for your commitment to the cause. You won't even remember the nights on the piss in Brighton town before the season's finished (and the strongly rumoured nights on the piss in London town before the season's finished that were supposed to keep you away from the Brighton town over-celebrating limelight).

Fair enough, you're running on near-empty. But then again so is everybody else.

Basically, GET OFF THE F**KING BEACH. For your loss will be far greater than ours.

And...RELAX... :smokin:

What a great post, too many have skirted around the edge on this one, you say it all and the players and the manager should feel ashamed at themselves if we don't lift the title. It maybe all about money to them, but those of us who part pay their wages it means more, its better to give than it is to receive, so I am expecting this group of players to give their best against Villa. Us fans have done our bit on much reduced wages, so now let the players do theirs, man up guys, your letting us all down.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Sheffield United secured promotion even before we did. After that, they powered towards the title, won the title, and then powered on still further, letting the rest of the division know who is boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here