Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC X: The FINAL - Grasshopper Mouse Vs Honey Badger

Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ok so the comparing HB to BHA has gone a bit OTT but still regardless, HB is surely harder and the GM is a frickin mouse! Anti-HB gang out in full force so far!

Grasshopper Mouse, if victorious, will be known as Mantis Shrimp v2.0

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about the other rodents it kills that are much bigger? Oh, and the centipedes and snakes. The poisonous ones.

And just because scorpions and tarantulas are smaller, it doesn't make the mouse less hard for taking it on, when those it attacks are vicious, aggressive and deadly in themselves - and most importantly, normally make a meal out of other similar sized animals like the GM
I've nothing against the mouse, it's a hard animal. I just don't think it's pound for pound better than the badger.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've nothing against the mouse, it's a hard animal. I just don't think it's pound for pound better than the badger.

But you quoted size of its opponents as a reason for that. I'm arguing (and I would've thought that HB voters would understand this) that it's not just the size of its opponents that make an animal hard; it's how dangerous those opponents are and therefore how mental it is to even enter that situation.

For example: unarmed, I would fare a lot better against a cow than I would against a snake. Therefore, I'd be harder if I took on a snake than if I tool on a cow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But you quoted size of its opponents as a reason for that. I'm arguing (and I would've thought that HB voters would understand this) that it's not just the size of its opponents that make an animal hard; it's how dangerous those opponents are and therefore how mental it is to even enter that situation.
Yes it's both size and deadliness etc. But what does the tarantula really have going for it? Is it really a tough opponent?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Literally the ONLY things the badger has ever had going for it is that it stands its ground despite being little. Its an argument that's rendered moot in a battle with another small(er) creature. A small(er) creature that defends a territory the size of Arkansas.

I would say being capable of standing your ground regardless of size is a fairly good indicator for how hard a creature is. Shows mental toughness, bravery and strength to be able to do that.

The grasshopper mouse will prey on Toxic centipedes. Impressive, I agree, but pound for pound how does that compare with the Honey Badger?

Grasshopper mouse (4 inch ave body length) vs Centipede (that can grow up to 12 inches). So the ratio here is 1:3 at best, which is certainly impressive.

Now for Honey Badger. Honey Badger will routinely take on Lions. Let's take a mere solitary Lion as an example (despite Honey badger being capable of taking on 6 at the same time):

Honey Badger (a male weighs on average 13kg) vs Lion (a male weighs on average 200kg). So the ratio in this instance is about 1:15.

So taking into account the facts we can all see in favor of Honey badger, with video evidence of it fighting against 6 creatures FIFTEEN TIMES ITS SIZE... and surviving... you think the Grasshopper mouse taking on one centipede three times its size is pound for pound harder?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I would say being capable of standing your ground regardless of size is a fairly good indicator for how hard a creature is. Shows mental toughness, bravery and strength to be able to do that.

The grasshopper mouse will prey on Toxic centipedes. Impressive, I agree, but pound for pound how does that compare with the Honey Badger?

Grasshopper mouse (4 inch ave body length) vs Centipede (that can grow up to 12 inches). So the ratio here is 1:3 at best, which is certainly impressive.

Now for Honey Badger. Honey Badger will routinely take on Lions. Let's take a mere solitary Lion as an example (despite Honey badger being capable of taking on 6 at the same time):

Honey Badger (a male weighs on average 13kg) vs Lion (a male weighs on average 200kg). So the ratio in this instance is about 1:15.

So taking into account the facts we can all see in favor of Honey badger, with video evidence of it fighting against 6 creatures FIFTEEN TIMES ITS SIZE... and surviving... you think the Grasshopper mouse taking on one centipede three times its size is pound for pound harder?

A few lions that clearly aren't hungry, or particularly bothered, and the best it does is make them walk away.

Or a hungry centipede, actively looking to kill the mouse, with poisonous fangs, yet the mouse not only avoids being killed, but then bites it's head off and eats it.

GM is definitely harder in this situation, as it was in a greater deal of danger, and it came out much stronger (and less hungry)

MantisShrimpMan4eva

Feb 7, 2014
badger fans moaning about cheating again?

IMG_1707.PNG

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
A few lions that clearly aren't hungry, or particularly bothered, and the best it does is make them walk away.

Or a hungry centipede, actively looking to kill the mouse, with poisonous fangs, yet the mouse not only avoids being killed, but then bites it's head off and eats it.

GM is definitely harder in this situation, as it was in a greater deal of danger, and it came out much stronger (and less hungry)

The attackers motives are completely irrelevant in this situation. We're not comparing centipedes to Lions, we're comparing Honey Badgers to Grasshopper mice!

For me, taking on 6 creatures fifteen times its size with impressive and deadly weaponry, is harder than taking on 1 creature three times its size also with impressive weaponry.

The Badger does not think he is being toyed with, he's giving it all he's got clearly. EVEN if he does think he's being toyed with, its like having a small weedy kid being pushed around by 6 complete brutes at school, but for the weedy kid to start kicking/punching/shoving them back and eventually leaving without a scratch.

At least you're actually putting up a reasonable argument in favor of the GM. Most other votes so far have been purely anti Badger, rather than pro Mouse.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The attackers motives are completely irrelevant in this situation. We're not comparing centipedes to Lions, we're comparing Honey Badgers to Grasshopper mice!

For me, taking on 6 creatures fifteen times its size with impressive and deadly weaponry, is harder than taking on 1 creature three times its size also with impressive weaponry.

The Badger does not think he is being toyed with, he's giving it all he's got clearly. EVEN if he does think he's being toyed with, its like having a small weedy kid being pushed around by 6 complete brutes at school, but for the weedy kid to start kicking/punching/shoving them back and eventually leaving without a scratch.

At least you're actually putting up a reasonable argument in favor of the GM. Most other votes so far have been purely anti Badger, rather than pro Mouse.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, size of competitor isn't the defining factor for me, but how deadly the situation could be. For me, in comparative terms, the GM is in a more dangerous situation against a more formidable opponent (in pound for pound terms).

And then the added bonus of winning, in a brutal way, and then displaying the headmental behaviour of howling in celebration.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
One thing that I think is being over looked is that the GM actively hunts, kills and eats the various poisonous scorpions and centipedes. As he does with the other GM that intrude on his land. Leave a few in a cage and when you come back only one will be left. Whereas the HB usually only takes on the bigger beasts when he's backed into a corner. Snakes, on the other hand, he does go for for dinner.

I'm torn, which is as it should be in the final.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As said previously, the badger's fortunes are interlinked with those of BHAFC. Vote Badger, vote promotion #teambadgerforlife

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope, GM is around the same size as your average mouse. And Tarantulas are poisonous.
Poisonous or venomous? The scorpion venom doesn't even seem to be harmful to the mouse, so it's not that the mouse is being daring and mental, the scorpion just isn't much of a threat to it. Whereas the lions are (obviously) a serious threat to the badger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here