Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk's 3 game suspension (or not)

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
My question would be that we are no longer members of the Football League, different governing rules apply with a different body, how could the ban be enforced? I'm not sure I'm right - but the Premier League is not part of the FL

Mitrovic missed the start of this season for Toon after being sent off against Spurs in their last Premier League game of last season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Refs have definitely eased off with giving yellows in the last few games. But equally Dunk seems to have his concentration levels to an extreme level. Total quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Refs have definitely eased off with giving yellows in the last few games. But equally Dunk seems to have his concentration levels to an extreme level. Total quality.
Nope, Dunk has just finally shut the f**k up.

Or as I reckon stopped been wound up by Duffy.

The language he's screamed in the East Stand linos face, (on considerably more than one occasion) this season has been appalling, disgusting and easily sendoffable.

TBH if he treated t'other fella the same, near the dugouts, then the problem wouldn't only be Lewis'.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quote Originally Posted by mattjl15 View Post
I think Bruno's injury and Dunk stepping in as Captain was a real positive here too.

He seemed more composed and was aware he'd need to take control of a back four that had, at times, hardly played all season.

Also - huge credit to Hünemeier. I have to admit I was a tad worried about the prospect of him coming in to replace Duffy considering his lack of football for almost a year. He's been immense. His consistency, his positioning and my god - I did not think anyone could match Duffy for sheer number of balls headed - he's won everything in the air.

Apart from Powell's goal for Wigan, which made the last 10 minutes of the game a little uncomfortable.

Am I missing something bleedin obvious here?

Edit: Yep, so many players mentioned I was struggling to find it!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have been so very impressed by his maturity this season. Last year he was, on far too many occasions, a total liability. At times behaving like a petulant child with anger management issues, this year has been some transition.

I'm sure Lewis himself saw the error of his ways, but I have no doubt that credit must also go to our manager for this transformation. Good on ya Dunky!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Uwe has been terrific. But he didn't win much in the air against Matt Smith at QPR.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Uwe has been terrific. But he didn't win much in the air against Matt Smith at QPR.

Being saying this for a while. Uwe is quite weak in the air(lacks height). Gary Madine also out jumped him quite easily to score a last minute goal for Bolton. Part of the reason why Duffy was brought in a guess.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Agree in principal but that's a red card ban really

No it was an accumulation ban:

The ban relates to two yellow cards issued in last season's Coppa Italia. The second card came in the final, which was his last game for Juventus.

"I knew the situation with the yellow cards. But I didn't know at that time if an accumulation of yellows would bring a player to suspension, or that one in Italian football would be one for the corresponding competition in England which would be an FA Cup match. I found out two days ago."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-pogba-suspended-for-manchester-united-opener

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We are playing in a totally different league structure - I can't see it being carried over

My question would be that we are no longer members of the Football League, different governing rules apply with a different body, how could the ban be enforced? I'm not sure I'm right - but the Premier League is not part of the FL

But it is part of the FA.

As is The West Sussex Football League, but If I was suspended in that League I could still play in the County League.

I honestly don't know the answer, but we play under FL rules at the moment, how can that rule be enforced if we don't play in the FL?

As [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] points out, the disciplinary system is administered by the FA, not by the individual League(s). Also, cautions and sendings-off are separated between first team and non-first team matches. Hence, a suspension incurred by a player at first team level is served at first team level (across all English competitions). If an Albion player was sent-off in the last game of the season at Villa he would serve the suspension at the beginning of next season in the Premier League.

The only exception to this is the Checkatrade Trophy. This season it was decided that the Trophy would have its own standalone disciplinary process, so suspensions incurred in other competitions' matches would not prevent players appearing in the Trophy and vice versa (although our very own Kazenga LuaLua, bless him, found a way to incur a four-match ban from league matches for being sent-off in the Trophy match at AFC Wimbledon).

The one thing I am not certain of is whether a suspension incurred for cumulative yellow cards is carried over to the new season (suspensions for dismissals certainly are, and we have had numerous examples of Albion players suffering from this in recent seasons, but I can't find an example for yellows).

Edit: [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION]'s link above would seem to indicate that suspensions for accumulated yellow cards DO carry over to a new season.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Being saying this for a while. Uwe is quite weak in the air(lacks height). Gary Madine also out jumped him quite easily to score a last minute goal for Bolton. Part of the reason why Duffy was brought in a guess.

Madine did foul him though to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That was the start of it, but Hunemeier lost out to Powell in the air, so giving him a free header.

Powell moved between both CB's it wasn't a case of losing out, he effectively had a free header, as he was on the move and Dunk was too far forward and Uwe too far back.

Good movement for me, being hyper critical you could argue Stephens or Norwood should have checked his run outside the box.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely this. One of two outrageous refereeing decisions that cost us big time in that game.

Quite. How the FA reduced Kodija's ban today, yet deemed a clear slip by Murphy as deliberate or even Stephen's vs 'Boro as dangerous play remains mystifying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here