Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AV 25 coaches

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Brilliant day out 2-2. Rammed into the away end. Frozen pitch, frozen fans and an orange ball. One of my favorite memories. We utterly smashed up Boro after the game to the extent that senior plod boarded our bus and suggested we were never again welcome. I remember everyone pissing up the coach on the way up at the police roadblock and the old bill thinking our coach had sprung a leak in the coolant system. A few of the Bevendean boys stripped a motorway service station on the way home. The poor cashier gripping the till as everything else was looted. Following football in the 80s. Almost a different planet.

Brilliant day out 2-2. Rammed into the away end. Frozen pitch, frozen fans and an orange ball. One of my favorite memories. We utterly smashed up Boro after the game to the extent that senior plod boarded our bus and suggested we were never again welcome. I remember everyone pissing up the coach on the way up at the police roadblock and the old bill thinking our coach had sprung a leak in the coolant system. A few of the Bevendean boys stripped a motorway service station on the way home. The poor cashier gripping the till as everything else was looted. Following football in the 80s. Almost a different planet.

Travelled up in the back of a carpet fitters van with two more vans,recall Brighton fans charging each other outside the ground:facepalm:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Travelled up in the back of a carpet fitters van with two more vans,recall Brighton fans charging each other outside the ground:facepalm:
I think that the removal van that the Bosun used went as well.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think we also got a screening of a game .....may have been the Forest game, I cant remember it was long long ago...
I cant remember the free train ticket, I think it was a free home game ticket....but as I said was long long ago

Yep, they put the Forest game on at Hove town hall for those who didn't make it because of the train breaking down.

Only problem for those of us who didn't live in a Brighton was that their was a train strike that day.

Some things never change.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
28 coaches and one train (possibly even two) for our FA Cup fifth round tie at Peterborough in 1985/86. That's one of my favourite Albion memories, all of us chugging across the frozen wastes of Bedfordshire heading for a game that should never have been played due to the 16 feet of snow lying across the pitch. Slight exaggeration, but only slight.

Their second goal hit a clump of ice and deflected over our hapless 'keeper.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I got the coach to the play off at the Amex against the massive and it was chaos, apparently they had bought about 15 more coaches than they had said they would with nowhere for them to park. Slightly off topic but hey ho.

Jul 7, 2003
I got the coach to the play off at the Amex against the massive and it was chaos, apparently they had bought about 15 more coaches than they had said they would with nowhere for them to park. Slightly off topic but hey ho.

They are used to extra coaches now as they have had to add more to cover the rail strikes. They use the extra space near the P&R bus stops as an overflow coach park.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I know it's sad,but when i was 14 and first started going to the Albion,i used to love counting the coaches,Leeds united had the most i can remember 22 coaches,although i am led to believe Manchester Utd once had 58 at the Goldstone..

I bet your wife had a blinding honeymoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So what is it about the Brighton fans that we do not use our very good Seagull Travel services, apart from the alcohol.
And going back, memories of the convoy of double decker buses to Wembley in '83. Ours got lost on the first trip and late on the second.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here