Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Keep up .. I know there are downsides to a devaluation but have asked a number of times if remoaners acknowledge there are also positives. Nice stereotyping by the way more prejudice and ignorance on show than most of those you condemn ... :p

Why are we even pretending this about economics? Why don't you, Bashildurrrrr, Souldickhead and Cuvnt Fergus just admit you are happy that there is a chance there will be less immigrants here as a result of this vote? Rather than just pretending that you are happy that the pound has become devalued?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why are we even pretending this about economics? Why don't you, Bashildurrrrr, Souldickhead and Cuvnt Fergus just admit you are happy that there is a chance there will be less immigrants here as a result of this vote? Rather than just pretending that you are happy that the pound has become devalued?

Ha! Aye, there's the rub. That about sums it up. Brilliant. There will now be a brief interlude while they reflect on being utterly called out, until they reply with "remoan" and other standard issue bum****ery.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I just want one single response from [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]. It doesn't even have to be credible, I just want to understand the reason for his statement regardless if it is wrong or right. Nothing more.

And to play ball I don't think the crash in the pound, the lower of interest rates or printing money is the sign of a stable or growing economy. Surely you understand my thinking even if you don't agree.

Yes but numerous posters including me have probably posted absolute unsubstantiated drivel at times. These threads (as you know) are more about point scoring than enlightened/informative debate.

A long overdue currency realignment and following standard procedures as seen by similar action by the ECB might indicate economic sluggishness but not the economic armageddon hyperbole you stated previously.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Yes but numerous posters including me have probably posted absolute unsubstantiated drivel at times. These threads (as you know) are more about point scoring than enlightened/informative debate.

A long overdue currency realignment and following standard procedures as seen by similar action by the ECB might indicate economic sluggishness but not the economic armageddon hyperbole you stated previously.

You're not talking down the UK, are you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm not sure I've ever used the extreme terms you're describing. And I don't think I have moaned or whined about Brexit that much either. I have stated I don't agree with it and said it's a totally stupid idea but little more.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It's obviously just about economics for many remainers but yes I think it's more about retaining national control/democratic accountability for our destiny/future for many Leavers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not sure I've ever used the extreme terms you're describing. And I don't think I have moaned or whined about Brexit that much either. I have stated I don't agree with it and said it's a totally stupid idea but little more.

You have ... would you like me to directly quote/link them? To be fair you have not been a moany, whiner. The Clamp carries the torch although I think he is mainly taking the pis*.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If those idiots in Brussels don't see sense then they will see big problems throughout Europe as many countries depend on our trade and if we wanted we could all holiday outside Europe and that would destroy the economies in many countries....Its about what's best for us and Europe and the people....not these idiots who it won't affect !!!

Working in travel I am not sure how plausible that is for some, the lower pound has meant holidays to countries outside Europe have risen and will countinue to do so.

I can see a Long haul airline going bust.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sober up and then post you spanner.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And to play ball I don't think the crash in the pound, the lower of interest rates or printing money is the sign of a stable or growing economy. Surely you understand my thinking even if you don't agree.

All of what you have said there can be equally or even more applied to the economy of Europe. Including a big fall for the Euro in recent years in value against the dollar. Would you agree? I think, surely you must, as it is your own reasoning.

What do you think of the state of the European economy?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He may well do for all I know or care. Speaking of questions, would you acknowledge there are upsides to a fall in the pound? HT is busy googling for negative economic indicators so take your time.

Any positives are lost by the negatives, and some of the positives put forward are probably overstated. In terms of exports people who say there will be an increase have failed to mention price elasticity and whether a lower price will see a significant increase in sales.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Cupid stunt.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So not just me then, but then I assume you either didn't read the link in full, or prefer to ignore it as the commentary doesn't support your view.

I have already acknowledged the down side but have seen no conclusive evidence that as you clearly state all positives are lost by the negatives.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Feel free to clarify the difference between "Any positives are lost by the negatives" and 'All positives are lost by the negatives'.

one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or how many rather than the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here