Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mandatory thread 'type'?

Should thread types be mandatory on NSC?

• Yes

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ok, why do you think it should not be implemented?

1. Page one gets cluttered up with loads of crappy little icons and ends up looking like my 5 year old's school exercise book
2. Threads change direction very often. What starts off as "Albion" can very quickly end up as something else. What happens then?
3. It it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Page one gets cluttered up with loads of crappy little icons and ends up looking like my 5 year old's school exercise book
2. Threads change direction very often. What starts off as "Albion" can very quickly end up as something else. What happens then?
3. It it isn't broken, don't fix it.

1 - no. There'll be no need icons at all. The board will look exactly as it does right now.

2/3 - if you have no interest in using the filters then it doesn't matter if a thread changes direction as got won't even know what it was originally classified as.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, it would be good to have an 'all threads except Palace ones' option so we are able to avoid Palace Stand Chat when necessary.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Shouldn't there be an ENREST category as they don't fit into any of the above, or indeed have much contact with reality?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
All sounds a little bit too complicated for my liking. If it aint broke and all that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
NO.

You might as well split the board up into a miriad of sub-forums which willbe a nightmare to get around,and contribute nothing, while looking a complete mess. Leave the current anarchy alone - it works fine.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, because

a: There will be threads that could go under multiple categories.

b: There will be some threads that there is no correct category, unless you add more of them, which will complicate (a) further.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NO.

You might as well split the board up into a miriad of sub-forums which willbe a nightmare to get around,and contribute nothing, while looking a complete mess. Leave the current anarchy alone - it works fine.

Why will it?

The board will look exactly the same to you.

If you choose to never filter threads, the board will still work in exactly the same to you too.

Whoever said it further up the thread was right: the "nos" just don't get it!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I couldn't give a flying **** one way or another.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why will it?

If you choose to never filter threads, the board will still work in exactly the same to you too.

In which case there is no point in the whole thing.
I get it, but I don't want it.

If you decide against the sensible people, I demand a "Nazi Mod" type.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why will it?

Then why ask us? Seems like you have made your mind up, and it is your 'ball' after all.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why will it?

Then why have icons / filters when someone can just use the search or advanced search option if looking for something inparticular?

Seems unneccessary to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here