Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The policing for the Palace game is going to be horrendous

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So HF starting on the mums and dads didn't happen,but one mum complained of the their boisterous singing .
Made up nonsense.

Eh? Read the thread and have look at the photo from the match:

Capture.jpg

HF Ultras turned up mob-handed at an U18 match, intimidated the mums and dads there enough for one of them to call the police and remember this was a Saturday lunchtime a few hours before you were due to play West Ham. Pretty much exactly as I described it.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Unstuck ? A smaller younger group who didn’t take a step back and put someone on his arse . The numbers game again eh

Although from that camera angle it would appear that Palace are hugely outnumbered, it's difficult to know who is out of sight and also exactly what is going on, it would appear that Palace are the aggressors here. Interesting development, if that's the case because it means that Palace hoolies have been active this season in starting rucks in Manchester, Spurs and in this video. I'm not making any judgement calls on that, it is what it is and goes to show that despite the most draconian legislation of any country on the planet, hooliganism is very much alive and well and still a huge part of our game.

I sort of know a young Brighton lad who just a couple of years ago was involved in attacking the Boleyn Pub at West Ham and also a Leeds pub when we played them away. He's a really sound bloke, die-hard Brighton and he loves the aggro side of football too. I don't quite get it, the risks are huge, but it does make me chuckle when hoolies on here are portrayed as knuckled-dragging morons. In this bloke's case nothing could be further from the truth.

The hugely OTT punishments don't fit the crime and it's still not enough of a deterrent for some. And it's because the legislation was drawn up and is enforced by people who have no understanding nor desire to understand why it happens.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Although from that camera angle it would appear that Palace are hugely outnumbered, it's difficult to know who is out of sight and also exactly what is going on, it would appear that Palace are the aggressors here. Interesting development, if that's the case because it means that Palace hoolies have been active this season in starting rucks in Manchester, Spurs and in this video. I'm not making any judgement calls on that, it is what it is and goes to show that despite the most draconian legislation of any country on the planet, hooliganism is very much alive and well and still a huge part of our game.

I sort of know a young Brighton lad who were involved just a couple of years ago that were involved in attacking the Boleyn Pub at West Ham and also a Leeds pub when we played them away. He's a really sound bloke, die-hard Brighton and he loves the aggro side of football too. I don't quite get it, the risks are huge, but it does make me chuckle when hoolies on here are portrayed as knuckled-dragging morons. In this bloke's case nothing could be further from the truth.

The hugely OTT punishments don't fit the crime and it's still not enough of a deterrent for some.

I know many of those lads you describe ;-)

They are a good bunch on away days.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I dont think the old bill are going to be OTT to be honest. Palace are clearly lively at the moment and it can only be worse in Brighton. I've read a load coming down without tickets. Cant find the source. If I owned a pub I would shut it for this game. There IS going to be trouble

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I dont think the old bill are going to be OTT to be honest. Palace are clearly lively at the moment and it can only be worse in Brighton. I've read a load coming down without tickets. Cant find the source. If I owned a pub I would shut it for this game. There IS going to be trouble

They are already creating the environment to justify it in my opinion. The reduced capacity for instance is bloody silly. Who benefits if Palace are still going to come down to Brighton, ticket or no ticket? Those extra 1000 tickets would all go to Palace fans with a proven history of loyal support so you can pretty much guarantee there will be no more chance of aggro from them than the lucky 2000 who have managed to get a ticket and so it makes the decision look very silly, mean-spirited even.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
It would surprise me if they came down without tickets - they would be kettled by the police and the only way they could evade them would be to drink somewhere miles out of town................besides, it was only a few seasons ago where they failed to sell out the away end at Withdean :blush:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
They are already creating the environment to justify it in my opinion. The reduced capacity for instance is bloody silly. Who benefits if Palace are still going to come down to Brighton, ticket or no ticket? Those extra 1000 tickets would all go to Palace fans with a proven history of loyal support so you can pretty much guarantee there will be no more chance of aggro from them than the lucky 2000 who have managed to get a ticket and so it makes the decision look very silly, mean-spirited even.

I agree they should and we should be allowed 3k it is mean spirited and provacative even. However I am certain a pub or 2 is gonna get trouble/trashed a bit I think it was on BBS watching the spurs pub clips calling it training for Brighton

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Unless the fairy confirms this I’m taking this as heresay .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree they should and we should be allowed 3k it is mean spirited and provacative even. However I am certain a pub or 2 is gonna get trouble/trashed a bit I think it was on BBS watching the spurs pub clips calling it training for Brighton

I think you're spot on and none of the measures about having to have ID for tickets, reducing away capacity, kettling of fans to and from the match and the huge empty neutral section in the South Stand will prevent this.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are we seriously concerned that only 2000 Scumbag United fans can get tickets ?

With two administrations behind them, they shouldn't have a football team, football stadium ( I use that word loosely) or any other football team to play against at all.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Are we seriously concerned that only 2000 Scumbag United fans can get tickets ?

With two administrations behind them, they shouldn't have a football team, football stadium ( I use that word loosely) or any other football team to play against at all.

Someone is .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here