Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Terror Attack New York

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not sure the situation is that black and white is it.
Where were the terror attacks in the UK and generally elsewhere before we started the latest 'lets bomb the shit out of the middle east' campaign, apart from areas with majority muslim populations looking for autonomy?
How was ISIS created?

The problem with this is that if you follow this line of thinking you realise that there is something concrete and real that we can do to combat Islamic terrorism. While i have the white poppy thread open too it stikes me that we can also do something about our boys getting blown to bits.

Makes you wonder why we don't give it a crack.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just need someone to mention the Crusades and that's my moral equivalence bingo card filled.
Didn't you used to be in the Forces Buzzer? Do you remember the Padres and Chaplains? Isn't that tacit assurance that although it can be a messy job, God is on our side?
Then remember that everyone has their own God.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I hope casualties are at a minimum. But, why should we be surprised. Seen in the light off collateral damage caused by Trump's policy towards the outside world and gun control. The USA is a place where these things are more likely rather than less likely to happen.

My sincere hope is that nobody has been fatally injured. Or that this is a false report.

:ffsparr: One of the most stupid posts i have read on NSC. How many terror attacks have taken place in USA since Trump took over as president? Compared to say, London? I suppose you blame Trump for 9/11 too?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's surely relevant insofar as, although we've progressed as a species technologically speaking, we're still the same jumble of wants and needs and fears.

I think the point [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] was making is that as long as humanity exists parts of it will find one reason or another to obliterate others. It's in our nature.
Precisely, thanks.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It was two different factions of Christianity killing each other, so yes.
That certainly wasnt why they were killinmg each other though, by applying that logic , you could say that the napoleonic wars between catholic france and protestant britain were ''religious''.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Absolute claptrap

That certainly wasnt why they were killinmg each other though, by applying that logic , you could say that the napoleonic wars between catholic france and protestant britain were ''religious''.

So you know that NI wasn't a religious war but you believe that ISIS is an Islamic War ?

If that's the case, why have ISIS killed far more muslims (both Sunni and Shiite) than christians ? It wouldn't be about power and control, like it was in NI, would it ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you know that NI wasn't a religious war but you believe that ISIS is an Islamic War ?

If that's the case, why have ISIS killed far more muslims (both Sunni and Shiite) than christians ? It wouldn't be about power and control, like it was in NI, would it ?
No , it would be about establishing an islamic caliphate.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

What in your opinion was the basis of the reason for the troubles in Northern Ireland?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Its the banner of a flute band from Belfast , you'll have to explain the irony to me.............

The irony is that they are a flute band strongly associated with the UVF who have conducted terrorism and mafia type activity. As a band they have also been at the forefront of stirring up sectarian problems at every opportunity. They just can't let it lie.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The irony is that they are a flute band strongly associated with the UVF who have conducted terrorism and mafia type activity. As a band they have also been at the forefront of stirring up sectarian problems at every opportunity. They just can't let it lie.
They havent , the communities surrounding them are the ones creating the problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here