Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Jose Izquierdo fitting in?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The way he was mobbed after scoring suggests he is fine.

Not entirely...no-one got down and dirty with him. He was lying on the deck inviting bad behaviour but his new team mates kept him at arms length, albeit that this did involve them getting down on their knees - but no-one collapsed on top of him. Compare and contrast with when Anthony Knockaert scores - a full-tilt man love orgy ensues. Maybe its just a matter of respect, time and his colleagues not wanting to seem overly familiar at this stage of his Albion career???

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Not entirely...no-one got down and dirty with him. He was lying on the deck inviting bad behaviour but his new team mates kept him at arms length, albeit that this did involve them getting down on their knees - but no-one collapsed on top of him. Compare and contrast with when Anthony Knockaert scores - a full-tilt man love orgy ensues. Maybe its just a matter of respect, time and his colleagues not wanting to seem overly familiar at this stage of his Albion career???

To be fair, Anthony tried to join him on the deck which might have inspired further bundles. :lolol: It didn't quite work out. That's an outgoing personality responding to someone who is said to be much the same.

The training thing - taking warm up more seriously as a sub, that is not chatting etc, is a way of showing the manager your special interest and commitment in getting on the pitch. Not surprising in Jose's case?

I think mostly this is a case of reading too much into it. Possibly on the training pitch he's been a little more easy-going / clowning than Chris likes? Coming inside too often after instructed to practice getting to the line? I'd say that is your full extent of any possible issue. And one he'll probably correct as a pro. Even this is slightly silly speculation. Glad to have him aboard though!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What a weird thread?

Capture.PNG

Maybe he just had something hot and spicy to eat the night before.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I've noticed that Jose tends to warm up on his own and that the other players aren't as close to him as with some of the other new players. I then read something online about him taking time to settle. Has anyone else noticed that? I assume it's a language thing and that he may be quite a "big" personality. Will this incredibly strongly connected group pull him close or shut the door?

(I also saw a pic on Twitter where Bruno, Jose and Schelotto were eating together in a restaurant - so maybe it is a language thing?)

You might be onto something, did knocky trip on his own knees or refuse to celebrate the goal?

https://i0.wp.com/78.media.tumblr.c...lr_oy5648ySyi1tf8a5ao1_500.gif?resize=499,434

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here