Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do the kids get loyalty points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They will still need to gather the points for that though.

Good point.

I guess the best approach is to buy the match tickets to get the points, but not actually go to the game, thereby avoiding all the transport and beer expenditure that can quickly mount up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
My son has asked to go to a few away games this season, after we've been season tickets holders for a few years, but as we've not been to any we just don't have the points. The way it is going I don't see how we will ever get enough to go. Naturally he's bereft at this.

Not to be blunt but, perhaps if he's old enough it's time to explain that had he wanted to go to a few aways in previous seasons then he'd be going this season along with all the other kids I see regularly. And that there will no doubt be a chance to build points again in the near future, you can even build points for him this season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Any kids not already into the elite group are going to find it very hard if we stick around at this level for very long. Does anyone know how it works at the "bigger" clubs, or do they just not have any kids at away games?
My understanding is that the big clubs do mainly operate an effectively "closed shop" on away tickets but they are usually happy for tickets to be passed on when the allocated person can't go or doesn't want to go.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I was surprised to see the number of kids (under 10) at Arsenal. How do they get all the points?!

By going to games.

Both my children got their first season tickets last season at Withdean, my youngest was 4 at the time, they have sporadically gone to away games as they got older and did about 7 aways last season. They had enough points to get first dibs on Arsenal and West Ham but oddly not Swansea.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Been taking my lad to away games since he was about 9

13 now so has enough to be on the fringe of top tier (couple of points short for Swansea) but managed to go to all away games so far this season in league(and no didn't harvest any cup away tickets)

I know the system may feel like a closed shop for some and I can completely understand how they feel but having done some long shit away trips over the years it's nice to see him get to go to games like Arsenal on Sunday.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
By going to games.

Both my children got their first season tickets last season at Withdean, my youngest was 4 at the time, they have sporadically gone to away games as they got older and did about 7 aways last season. They had enough points to get first dibs on Arsenal and West Ham but oddly not Swansea.

Answers it for me, just surprising how many kids there were.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My son is 8, his first away was Birmingham when he was 4. He's probably been to about 15 altogether - and that Brum game is the only one he's seen us win! Even took him to Lincoln in the cup to try and break his curse but to no avail :lol:

He has around 260 points so is always in the tier below me :(

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They had enough points to get first dibs on Arsenal and West Ham but oddly not Swansea.

I imagine it's because Arsenal and WHU both offer 3k away tix and Swansea only 2k. That would suggest your two kids are in the 2-3k most LP-holding bracket. Nice for them, and good on you for taking them in previous seasons.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
As long as we're in the PL your kids will never break the barrier. Demand will never go down while we're in the top flight. The only hope you have of getting to away games will be the ugly ties nobody wants to go to like Burnley, Hudders and other northern shitholes if they come up. Getting away tickets when I was younger was piss easy, nobody wanted to go to Stockport away.

I have 3 nephews 12, 9 and 6. The elder two are in the top tier of loyalty, yet the club deems the youngest as less loyal because of the years he wasn't of an age that he could have a season ticket. He went to a good percentage of the away games last year in the championship (not bad for a kid who lives way up north). He had enough points to get to the most in demand games like Aston Villa, yet this year he's out on a limb and unable to get tickets to the likes of Arsenal with his brothers.

Note its also hard to get tickets for these kids as the club made the decision not to allow you to buy a childs ticket on its own. Meaning the dilemma of people with enough points not buying in their loyalty bracket just to take the gamble of getting one for the lad in the lower bracket.

No loyalty system is fair but for the younger kids they have been shut out and getting into any bracket above will be tricky unless we head back to the championship.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't necessarily be against U18s from Tier 2 being able to get a ticket with a Tier 1 Adult if linked through friends and family. Tier 3 with Tier 2 and so on.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Been taking my lad to away games since he was about 9

13 now so has enough to be on the fringe of top tier (couple of points short for Swansea) but managed to go to all away games so far this season in league(and no didn't harvest any cup away tickets)

I know the system may feel like a closed shop for some and I can completely understand how they feel but having done some long shit away trips over the years it's nice to see him get to go to games like Arsenal on Sunday.

This

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As long as we're in the PL your kids will never break the barrier. Demand will never go down while we're in the top flight.

I really think it will.

I'm not a "ground collector" but it is nice to go to a place that we've not been to before, such as The Emirates on Sunday.

I'm glad I went, and it was a good day out. However I'm not sure if I'd go next year, should we still be in the Premier League unless it was a late season game with something riding on it. I think it was [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] who said he can understand why some Premier League mid-table sides do not sell out for some of the "big" away days any more.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
My understanding is that the big clubs do mainly operate an effectively "closed shop" on away tickets but they are usually happy for tickets to be passed on when the allocated person can't go or doesn't want to go.

At Tottenham generally the same 3,000-4,000 people have enough Loyalty Points for the away games (I'd be surprised if more than 50% of them actually go), then it's just a case of knowing the right people / getting lucky to actually get hold of a ticket off of them. The gulf with points just gets bigger & bigger, you need to do the midweek northern away trips, and the League Cup games to even make a dent in it.

Before the £30 cap on away tickets, when we'd play West Ham, Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea & Man Utd, the tickets were always £55-65 & people weren't so keen to front the money in case they for some reason couldn't sell the ticket on. Now it's £30 it's a no brainer to buy a ticket for every away game.

I'm a season ticket holder, but I'm also lucky enough to know a season ticket holder who doesn't travel, but has a lot of points, meaning I'm (almost) guaranteed every game. The only time this is a problem is the Champions League & Europa League away trips where some clubs want photo ID to match the name on the ticket to prove who you are. Real Madrid in 2 weeks being an example.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At Tottenham generally the same 3,000-4,000 people have enough Loyalty Points for the away games (I'd be surprised if more than 50% of them actually go), then it's just a case of knowing the right people / getting lucky to actually get hold of a ticket off of them. The gulf with points just gets bigger & bigger, you need to do the midweek northern away trips, and the League Cup games to even make a dent in it.

Sadly, this is how it works in the PL. I'm sure people used to say that no one ever dies at Old Trafford. The ST's are just held on to as friends/family will use them. Not sure if that is still the case?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sadly, this is how it works in the PL. I'm sure people used to say that no one ever dies at Old Trafford. The ST's are just held on to as friends/family will use them. Not sure if that is still the case?

Yep - same at Tottenham.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
As long as we're in the PL your kids will never break the barrier. Demand will never go down while we're in the top flight. The only hope you have of getting to away games will be the ugly ties nobody wants to go to like Burnley, Hudders and other northern shitholes if they come up. Getting away tickets when I was younger was piss easy, nobody wanted to go to Stockport away.

Burnely failed to sell out Everton the other day

Everton didn't sell out at Chelsea

The Premier League might well stagnate and let new fans in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Before the £30 cap on away tickets, when we'd play West Ham, Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea & Man Utd, the tickets were always £55-65 & people weren't so keen to front the money in case they for some reason couldn't sell the ticket on. Now it's £30 it's a no brainer to buy a ticket for every away game.

I'm guessing this outcome wasn't really considered when it came to lowering away ticket prices. Roll on "twenty's plenty"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here