Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous attack in Las Vegas

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Utterly senseless and tragic of course, but as others have alluded to, hardly remarkable when put into the wider context of human barbarism and human-made famine (i.e. all famine now) globally. Thus was it ever so and all that.

What? It is very remarkable that this happens in the richest nation on earth at a rate that is totally out of proportion to any other Western country. The 'wider context' is that this does not happen in other OECD countries. Absurd statement.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What? It is very remarkable that this happens in the richest nation on earth at a rate that is totally out of proportion to any other Western country. The 'wider context' is that this does not happen in other OECD countries. Absurd statement.

It's not an absurd statement as I was clearly referring to the scale of the senseless loss of life, not passing any kind of judgement on a nation's wealth or its gun laws.

I must have stopped being shocked a long time ago. I can't understand why the people don't stand up against these gun laws. It's like reading the arguments on the CT thread, it makes no sense to me. There's not a lot we can do about it, except continue to mock the yanks in the hope that one day they'll see sense.

Unfortunately, after Sandy Hook when the Yanks effectively decided killing Children was acceptable this will never happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand target shooting, but how does that work with an AR? Just keep blasting?
You switch it to single fire mode, which is how ARs are generally used anyway.

And why can't they be kept inside licensed clubs? You still wouldn't need to OWN it, just borrow it.
He has two, and wants another. It's like any hobby, people like to own nice/fun things.
I'm guessing your friend keeps his at home?
Yep, and puts it in the car to go shooting etc.

He's Swiss, and has been through national service, so one of his ARs is paid for by the army, the other he bought. But not everyone there has their gun(s) due to the army. And when they go shooting, they even drink beer, which sounds batshit crazy, but they don't seem to have accidents. And they don't have many mass killings etc, possibly because they're all living off the Nazi gold and the standard of living and healthcare is high etc. So I understand that it is possible to have relaxed gun laws without mass killings every day, but not in the US it seems.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
The gun used was fully automatic. Which is illegal is the US. Stricter gun laws would not have prevented this.
Not true, you can get a federal license to own a fully automatic weapon. It's also not that difficult to convert a semi-auto to full auto if you want to.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Trump talking now: Lots about God, nothing about gun laws.
We moan about all these terrorists killing in the name of God but it's frightening that only believers in God can become the president of the USA

What we need is a mass cull of everyone that believes in God and let the rest of the world get on with it, might be able to get a nice flat down the seafront after hmm..[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We moan about all these terrorists killing in the name of God but it's frightening that only believers in God can become the president of the USA

What we need is a mass cull of everyone that believes in God and let the rest of the world get on with it, might be able to get a nice flat down the seafront after hmm..[emoji848]

Where is the distinction for the atheist murderers then?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Where is the distinction for the atheist murderers then?
Well don't question it, it's in the early stages, I've just come up with a quick solution just like you did with the green cross code thank God! Well not god but y'know..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here