Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Pavilion Mistaken For A Mosque Again

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I mean, there's the vaguest of similarities in that it has a number of domes but surely even the dumbest of people most know that the conference was being held in Brighton which boasts the Pavilion as one of it's most famous buildings? Surely?

If they're the sort of people who get upset about 'Islamics' then, yes, there are people who are that dumb.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I mean, there's the vaguest of similarities in that it has a number of domes but surely even the dumbest of people must know that the conference was being held in Brighton which boasts the Pavilion as one of it's most famous buildings? Surely?

I think you're giving the great British public a wee bit too much credit there

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was on a bus going to a Millwall game at Withdean, when I heard a Millwall fan say to his fellow neanderthal "Look at the size of the ducking Mosque" I was a bit confused at what they could be talking about and saw they were pointing at the Pavilion.

I put it down to the intellect level of the average MIllwall fan, but it seems the issue is more widespread :facepalm:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No doubt it will become a Mosque one day .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The internet is a wonderful thing it allows anyone, however stupid, to express a view.

Sometimes you wonder "is it me"!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Inspired by Indian architecture of the time, which included Islamic influences. So not a mosque but in a certain light and from the right perspective, I can see why people think that it might be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean, there's the vaguest of similarities in that it has a number of domes but surely even the dumbest of people must know that the conference was being held in Brighton which boasts the Pavilion as one of it's most famous buildings? Surely?
there are people who are that dumb.
Please see the Trump thread for proof.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Let's hope Fox News doesn't cover this story, or Trump will be dispatching guided missiles to destroy the home of terrorism in Britain

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here