Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
#GeekAlert

Most Track and Field cabs were button based rather than joystick based although I definitely saw a joystick one. We had a supply teacher at school called Mrs Farrell and we used to drum the table with both hands before pressing an imaginary central button as you would for the long jump. All because the speech in the game that was supposed to say Foul sounded like Farrell

Standing over a table with a joystick would most likely be Daley Thompson's Decathlon although it could have have been a home port of the arcade game.

The joy of Track and Field was the wide-ranging techniques used by competitors.

Some used the sock of their t shirt but I went BARE. Jab the controller right into my stomach, lean over it, and bounce the controller whilst tapping. Worked a treat.

I always thought to myself, if my mum walked in it would have looked awful.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Which platform is everyone getting this on?

None. I don't by football games because i don't enjoy them. Strange that.

I use to love management games though on the Amiga .

*Postman just been and and secondhand copy of Battlefield 1 has just arrived*. Looking forward to COD WW2 on November 3rd.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which platform is everyone getting this on?

I seem to be stuffed on that score because we only have a lowly Xbox 360. This could, of course, be the excuse to buy something else but I've just read about the Xbox One X coming soon so maybe now is not a good time to be thinking about one of the existing consoles on the market.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I seem to be stuffed on that score because we only have a lowly Xbox 360. This could, of course, be the excuse to buy something else but I've just read about the Xbox One X coming soon so maybe now is not a good time to be thinking about one of the existing consoles on the market.

We have a Xbox One... but that's more my son's console. I hope there will be some compatibility between that the next Xbox console, but I doubt it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Xbox = Windows phone. PlayStation = Apple phones.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We have a Xbox One... but that's more my son's console. I hope there will be some compatibility between that the next Xbox console, but I doubt it.

Pretty sure all games out on the Xbox one X will also be compatible with the xbox one, just without the higher frame rate and resolution. So i THINK if you buy FIFA 18 for the xbox one, and then buy an Xbox one X, you should be able to download a patch/plain DLC to make it super 4k 60fps etc etc.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
None. I don't by football games because i don't enjoy them. Strange that.

I use to love management games though on the Amiga .

*Postman just been and and secondhand copy of Battlefield 1 has just arrived*. Looking forward to COD WW2 on November 3rd.

Love BF1, played the WW2 beta and found it AWFUL. Went back to BF1. Do you play FM?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
give it 6-8 months and it'll be free for PC on Origin Access (which, admittedly you have to pay the princely sum of £19.99 a year for. Fifa 17 went on earlier this year) :thumbsup:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I just bought an Xbox one as they're cheap atm and I want to get fifa 18 while we're in the prem. I'd be interested in a little online league or group if someone knows how to do that..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love BF1, played the WW2 beta and found it AWFUL. Went back to BF1. Do you play FM?

No i don't. Any good ? Last of us online is my favorite multiplayer shooter

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Clearly the result is all wrong but looks good...

PES is still the better game though. :fishing:

A couple of game based queries.... have they not digitized Chris Hughton, as they only ever showed Roy Hodgson reacting to things in that video. Also, what's happened to Bruno's beard!

Other than that - it looks very good. Shame the undersoil heating seems to have broken.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No i don't. Any good ? Last of us online is my favorite multiplayer shooter

If you love management games Football Manager will blow your mind. Highly recommend it. You can probably get 17 dirt cheap now and if you like it you could then invest in 18.

TLOU is ace, Rocket League is my go to though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If you love management games Football Manager will blow your mind. Highly recommend it. You can probably get 17 dirt cheap now and if you like it you could then invest in 18.

TLOU is ace, Rocket League is my go to though.

Been thinking about getting Rocket league for ages now. Will look into FM.

About to load up Battlefield 1 for the first time.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
A couple of game based queries.... have they not digitized Chris Hughton, as they only ever showed Roy Hodgson reacting to things in that video. Also, what's happened to Bruno's beard!

Other than that - it looks very good. Shame the undersoil heating seems to have broken.

I was under the impression that all Brighton players and CH would have their 'real face' in this years version. Perhaps they will be once the full game gets released?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Inspired by this thread I'm just installing this beauty on my laptop. I hope it's backwards compatible

20170922_142747.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here