Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
This is going through today.

Apparently he is real big personality on the pitch and in the dressing room. He is right footed although has played mostly on the left side of central defence for much of his career to date but he can play right sided. It is really anticipated that he will do really well here and will be really competent at this level

Now you really are getting desperate to call something right. It's pretty common knowledge though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is going through today.

Apparently he is real big personality on the pitch and in the dressing room. He is right footed although has played mostly on the left side of central defence for much of his career to date but he can play right sided. It is really anticipated that he will do really well here and will be really competent at this level
Excellent news.

Any others close this week ? ???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well that's what we're all expecting.

Hope so, he was captain at his last club right?
Well no shit. We haven't spend over £1m on an experienced defender that we expect to do badly and struggle at this level.

If you have inside information to share, I do appreciate, really I do, but you can do better than that.

Apparently he's German. Germany has a long history of producing successful footballers, inlcuding, but not limited to a number of World Cup Winners. He's also a central defender. This means that his primary focus will be on limiting the goals we concede, whilst providing a solid 'defence' upon which we can mount and sustain attacks against other teams.

Sorry I can't reveal my sources - but this is what I heard. #Don'tshootthemessenger.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Brighton and Hove Albion don't spend 1.5 million on a player unless we intend to use him. He'll start as many games as he can.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Apparently he's German. Germany has a long history of producing successful footballers, inlcuding, but not limited to a number of World Cup Winners. He's also a central defender. This means that his primary focus will be on limiting the goals we concede, whilst providing a solid 'defence' upon which we can mount and sustain attacks against other teams.

Sorry I can't reveal my sources - but this is what I heard. #Don'tshootthemessenger.

I've also heard on the down-low that Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in western-central Europe. And that, and this is really juicy, the position of 'central defender' is taken by an outfield player whose primary role is to prevent the opposing team from scoring goals. #Dontshootthemessenger #ITK #Insight

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Thought the deal was to be done last night?

Delays in announcing points only to 2 situations

1. Issues with the medical which is never a good thing!

2. Maybe he's not that far along with agreeing personal terms?

Hopefully I'm wrong but after all the positivity yesterday about the deal being done it just seems odd that nothing has been announced yet

albionite

May 20, 2009

Hopefully I'm wrong but after all the positivity yesterday about the deal being done it just seems odd that nothing has been announced yet

Club does like to announce signings late in the evening

BHAMF01

Jun 21, 2015

Hopefully I'm wrong but after all the positivity yesterday about the deal being done it just seems odd that nothing has been
announced yet

True I would have expected it to be completed by now hopefully he hasn't failed a medical

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It may just be that the medical included blood tests ? ??? And they need to come back from the lab ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
BhaSnappy has overslept due to a late night at Roots Hall. Once he's out of bed, the obligatory photo with the shirt will be released.

My apologies to Snappy. He's been at the Amex with Bobby for the opening of the new Rivervale sponsored Platinum lounge in the East stand.
Now get over to Lancing & get the shirt photo done.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Relax everyone [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] has assured us it is going through today.

Is noobha the new Perseus or even his alt - likes to come across as he knows what he is talking about but disappears and doesn't answer when questioned.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Was the club doctor available at 9am this morning, was the player, was the physio (although a tweet from him suggests he was up early so maybe his part of the medical was carried out this morning)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Bobby Z can pass a medical I think we're in the clear here.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm more worried about a paracute funded Championship club nipping in and nicking him now that this is out in the public domain. Been there before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here